jetta 1.8t dyno for all those that actually care - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on jetta 1.8t dyno for all those that actually care within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV All you guys live on the -other- side of the state. It's such a long drive ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    All you guys live on the -other- side of the state. It's such a long drive out there. Maybe I can hit up some of the VW guys and do a WV roadtrip and we can have a beat up on wrx day , but most of my friends are faster than me so it might turn out that way, they all have bt kits and all.
    Guess I'll pull the neon out of the garage and have a VW snack in that case.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    I'm a stage 2+ WRX and I live in WV. I'm all for having fun and seeing what cars do what, win or lose. If you are around charleston, did you here about the STi vs SRT-4 group this weekend. It wasn't pretty for the STi (stock) guy, 3 seperate SRT's pulled on him. One I heard had 350+ at the wheels, and one at 404. Not exactly a fair fight, but it motivated Jody, er guy in the STi, to get on line and order some go fast parts. Hit me here and we can meet up this weekend.
    I was there for the STi slaying last weekend lol. I actually didn't see the STi vs SRT race, but after seeing one of the SRTs with my own eyes pulling 10 car lenghts on my friend's sunfire from 45-110, I'm almost positive that the one SRT it's putting down close to 400 at the wheels. By the way, the sunfire has a 16g turbo, fmic, and was running 18psi (probably a little over 300whp). At 14psi it trapped 86mph in the 1/8th mile so it's not a slow car and that SRT just flat out walked it.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

http://media.putfile.com/WRX-VS-GTI
    (just let it load to 100 percent than you can see it)

here is my 03 wrx, this video is old. At the time all my wrx had (not very smart mods) hks downpipe/intake/and mbc boosting 16 psi. That 1.8t gti had intake downpipe diverter valve and giac.(something else i forgot also) 2nd gear roll 40mph. Does it look like it was close? i dont remember if he had catback or not.

btw later on his car with those mods dynoed at 205whp and like 230wtrq(useless torque that is with those nice curves on dynos)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    http://media.putfile.com/WRX-VS-GTI
    (just let it load to 100 percent than you can see it)

here is my 03 wrx, this video is old. At the time all my wrx had (not very smart mods) hks downpipe/intake/and mbc boosting 16 psi. That 1.8t gti had intake downpipe diverter valve and giac.(something else i forgot also) 2nd gear roll 40mph. Does it look like it was close? i dont remember if he had catback or not.

btw later on his car with those mods dynoed at 205whp and like 230wtrq(useless torque that is with those nice curves on dynos)

it "looked" like you got an early jump, took a 1 car length lead, and then ever so slightly started walking away when the video ended.

Hey JasoNeon, are you going to be around this weekend? Are you up at Riverside for the Auto-X's ever? You should roll by if not, it is great!! I am planning on being around on Friday some, and I just got some more stuff!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    it "looked" like you got an early jump, took a 1 car length lead, and then ever so slightly started walking away when the video ended.

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    Thats not an early start, that is EXACTLY what would happen when I raced my friends GTI almost every time withjust a turboback (as everyone seems to just be ignoring my posts, why not scroll back up and read them....), its the difference in the torque at 40mph that he was talking about above. I raced my friends GTI many many times, and that is what would happen every time, a chipped 1.8T just wont hang with a good running stage 2 without additional mods, it would have been much worse for that GTI in the video had AwdTurboWrx had a true reflashed stage 2.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

i didnt jump, it was leaving him behind. Like i said, 40mph roll vw's are ****, puny turbos have no torque by that rpm. Even if it was slowly pulling away, thats not a stage 2 wrx. thats a wrx with JUST a downpipe and mbc. That doesnt haven an uppipe catback or a reflash. Just think about the extra power and the difference it would make. gti is even lighter than a jetta so good luck with a stage 2 when i beat the crap out of one with same power as yours with 200 bucks worth of mods.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.