Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just killed a mustang 'roush'. It was from a roll, 3 races, 3 times I walked him by 5-8 ...

Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX

I just killed a mustang 'roush'. It was from a roll, 3 races, 3 times I walked him by 5-8 car lengths. First race was from 85, got about 4 cars on him before it evened out. Second race was from about 65 miles an hour and I got about 8 cars on him before I stopped, same with the third. I thought those cars were supposed to be fast?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good kills, what are your mods?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    good kills, what are your mods?
    +1. MODS???

couldve been 1 of those fake v6 roushes i see all the time, hes almost stock, look at his profile, axle back, silencer delete and MBC
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

My profile is old. I still have the mbc, but I have my 'stock' exhaust coming out basically at the end of the dp, a catless UP, and other stupid stuff. I have my boost set at a pretty high level, which isn't good for the car but is good for stories like this I doubt it was a fake Roush, unless it was a really good fake. The exhaust exited on each side through the side skirts, had big blue brakes, it said Roush, blablabla. I can beat a Cobb Stg. 2 wrx with my setup so who knows...

Yea it must have been a V6.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Pfffft why's it have to be a v6? I've raced GT's and v6's before and beat them both, no biggie. I just thought the Roush was supposed to be faster than the regular GTs.

x2 two for a fake mustang or the guy left it in 5th when he was racing. to pull 8 cars in a mid 13sec wrx is saying something. the car as a reg old gt can do high 13s low 14s. being 8 cars up would make your car about 1-2sec faster in the quarter. assuming you use the very inaccurate gauge of 2 cars is .3-6 seconds. in the quarter mile. your saying yoru car is at best a high mid 12 car.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Yeah, the Roush is as fast or almost as fast as a cobra. My sister has a stage1 or 2 and that car almost made me poop my pants. The do make body kits and after market side exhausts so people can change their v6 or gt stang into a roush or cobra looking car. This guy on my street thinks he's fooling everyone with a cobra body kit on his v6 stang, I just laugh at him because he didn't even put it on well.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

A guy at work bought a 2005 Roush and hated it. 325hp? good lord. he went to miami to get it and trailer it back. disliked it so much he sold it with 1200 miles on it. most of his cars are 500hp +, including a 600 hp + camaro he just got.

he said it is really just looks, nothing in the power end of it. he said it was basically a stock stang that has a body kit, signature and some interior changes...

not impressed at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    A guy at work bought a 2005 Roush and hated it. 325hp? good lord. he went to miami to get it and trailer it back. disliked it so much he sold it with 1200 miles on it. most of his cars are 500hp +, including a 600 hp + camaro he just got.

he said it is really just looks, nothing in the power end of it. he said it was basically a stock stang that has a body kit, signature and some interior changes...

not impressed at all.
    325hp in a 2005? your kidding right? my sisters 2001 has 360hp and 375tq. Last I heard the newer ones were gonna range from like 390hp to 425 I believe.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

not kidding. his iwasnt supercharged or anything...just a 325 hp bodykit on wheels. he couldnt believe how slow it was (and how much money is lost in getting rid of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

it probably wasnt a stage 3 roush....roush has 3 stages that the stangs come in...stage 1 is interior, stage 2 is exhaust and suspension and stage 3 is supercharged...im guessing it was a stage 2
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Even a stage 1 Rousch> my stock WRX...especially from a roll.

Now I had a guy who had the Cobra emblems, V8 exhaust and every other badge run me from a dig and a 30-35 mph roll and I pretty much killed him. We pull into the Walmart and it turns out he had the mighty 3.8L V6. My heart sank b/c I thought I had at least run a V8 (it sounded just like one).

On the other hand there is a guy around here running a GT with mods that is trying to sucker people in with his oversized 3.8 badge on the back of the car and sides. Nice sleeper attempt but b/c it's so obvious it doesnt get very far.

Oh well, whatever it was, I beat it, which was cool. It was not a brand new mustang, it was the last body style if that means anything. It still sounded awesome, he definitely downshifted, and it had big brakes lol. I don't know my mustangs..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast