Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rpfride IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over ...

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over 400 whp. even with a kennybell swin screw, just over 400 rwhp is very good (most are about 410 with the tune they send with the kb kit). Tuners have told me that 380 with a roots sc is very good. With a centrif sc (vortec....), iv seeen low 400 (430ish) whp but that is realy pushing the limits of the stock 4.6 gt (2v) engine. the svt is different story. The major issues with mustang is the trany's. They suck imo. Just never ablt to handle the power. i had a complet moser drivtran and the trany was the week point.
    as far as 1/4 mile times go, imo it is all about launching/traction! get some 335's drag radials and know how to launch correctly and a 400whp stang could be in the 11's

oh, they are called "convertions" not imposters. there are alot of them. they have no roush srial number but are basicaly the same.
    if i were to do it again, i would get a 2005 stage 1 roush that has been fitted with a vortec from the dealer. they are getting 440 whp out of them, you got the awesome looks of the roush body kit/s1 and the power of sc without the impracticle drivability of the real stage 3.
    I hope that smiley means you are joking. Otherwise that is the most uninformed post I have seen in a while. I have just an intake, catback, pulley swap and tune on my 4.6L eaton (roots type) S/C'd Cobra and I have 466 rwhp, for just $1800 and it should have been much cheaper but that is another story. If I add a 100 shot of nitrous, I will be over 600/600 at the wheels.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    I hope that smiley means you are joking. Otherwise that is the most uninformed post I have seen in a while. I have just an intake, catback, pulley swap and tune on my 4.6L eaton (roots type) S/C'd Cobra and I have 466 rwhp, for just $1800 and it should have been much cheaper but that is another story. If I add a 100 shot of nitrous, I will be over 600/600 at the wheels.
    you have an svt my friend. In my post i stated the svt does not apply. the 4v heads , and others goodies, make the svt with a roots ALOT better flowing. And the kb will be even better yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    you have an svt my friend. In my post i stated the svt does not apply. the 4v heads , and others goodies, make the svt with a roots ALOT better flowing. And the kb will be even better yet.
    You were talking about the 4.6L, that is all I looked for. but anyways, the Saleen 281 E has well over 400 at the wheels which uses the GT block.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

on kindof a side note....anyone familiar with the 4.6L know what the max you can reallistically get out of one all motor? I know I've never seen much faster at the track than low 13's without FI or NOS, so im guessing 350-450hp? any input?
    I am not an expert by any means. But it depends on what version of the 4.6 you have. The 03-04 Cobras are cast iron blocks, so they can get quite a bit more, the older Cobras and GTs are Aluminum and are a little weaker, (but can still get a decent amount).

The 05's are suprisingly quick over the older GTs. There are already folks running under 14 stock, and lightly modded, (including gears) under 13. I think it has a LOT to do with the driver, (I know I would have trouble getting there myself, and the Vert is only a tenth slower stock than the coup)...

edit: seems there was a second page... I should pay more attention...
    Last edited by Herknav; 08-18-2005 at 10:07 PM.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

well i have an 03 stage 1 roush and i'm looking at wrx's my self but my stage 1 with an x-pipe and udp's ran 13.8 at the track....not sure what you could run or if you've been to the track but a stock wrx runs mid to low 14's if i'm not mistaken...just my input

Quote Originally Posted by 8smitty
    well i have an 03 stage 1 roush and i'm looking at wrx's my self but my stage 1 with an x-pipe and udp's ran 13.8 at the track....not sure what you could run or if you've been to the track but a stock wrx runs mid to low 14's if i'm not mistaken...just my input
    He has an uppipe, downpipe, and mbc, so hes a little faster than stock, probably like 210-220whp area. Depending on how crazy he is with the boost he could probably be in the mid to high 13's around 98-100mph, especially if hes totaly catless.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123