Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang "Roush" vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXcelration it probably wasnt a stage 3 roush....roush has 3 stages that the stangs come in...stage 1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    it probably wasnt a stage 3 roush....roush has 3 stages that the stangs come in...stage 1 is interior, stage 2 is exhaust and suspension and stage 3 is supercharged...im guessing it was a stage 2
    ^ yep.
    the stage 1 and s2 are basicaly stock gt's. iv beat afew in my wrx, bad, but im not stock. Iv posted before that my modified s3 roush would have destroyed my very quick wrx, especialy in 3rd and 4th gear. You def. did not race a s3. Although they are not the fastest in the 1/4, they are very impressive on the track. The alcon brakes they use and the roush and steeda suspension setup is just so sweet. The s3 is not really a streetable car unless you have great road surfaces and little traffic. I bent rims, rubbed facia, hit exhaust, lost a tooth.....it is too low and stiff. The svt is a better car for the street, and the wrx even better
    Last edited by rpfride; 08-15-2005 at 11:20 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm sure it was the V8 version just without the supercharger. A guy who lives two houses down from me has one. A friend of mine in the ol' MR2 club said they raced at the track since they're buddies and he ran a 13.5X to the Roush's 14.3X and that's with an exhaust and Trickflows. A normal Mustang GT will run mid- to high 14s. With exhaust and headers they can get into the high 13s but the Roush has so much extra weight they're usually in the low 14s, as this guy's was.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Quote Originally Posted by sixstars
    I can beat a Cobb Stg. 2 wrx with my setup so who knows...
    Not to flame you guy, but I am having a hard time believing you beat a Cobb stg 2..let alone the Roush, with your mods....

but anything can happen
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

A Stage 1 Roush Mustang is a V6 with some exterior effects, and supsension mods. Plus the engine flows a little better than a stock v6.

Roush is not like Saleen, in the sense of power. The Roush cars are set up more for the track than drag racing.
    '02 WRB WRX
    '92 Civic Si

You have to watch out too, because theres a lot of imposters out there. I've run into 2 different 01+ bodystyle "Saleen" mustangs this summer and couldnt get a chance to race either. Later I found out from a few different friends that both of them are confirmed fakes. All you have to do is buy the bodykit and decals, and I personally know 2 different mustangs that have aftermarket sidepipe exhaust systems. So the one you raced 'could' have been a modded GT playing "dress up". Although as many people have already said, their are stages available for them, and one of the non-SC models probably would go down to a WRX w/ an up/dp/mbc combo, so good run.

I still want to run one of these "saleens" around and see what its got though, especially since the drivers of both act really cocky whenever they drive past me (revving and giving me stares and whatnot), we've just never gotten a chance to line up, should be a fun surprise for them as I look pretty stock (other than the exhaust) from the outside....

on kindof a side note....anyone familiar with the 4.6L know what the max you can reallistically get out of one all motor? I know I've never seen much faster at the track than low 13's without FI or NOS, so im guessing 350-450hp? any input?
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by skullguy
    Not to flame you guy, but I am having a hard time believing you beat a Cobb stg 2..let alone the Roush, with your mods....

but anything can happen
    No it's cool, I understand it may be hard to believe, but it is true. My friend has a cobb stage 2 and I've beat it twice (he's now stg. 25 and I have no chance).

Hey, I hope ur not talking about me at stg 2 b/c u did not beat me we were tied in 3rd and if i remember i got the lead going into 4th, oh well who cares, plus you should be ashamed of ur self for not knowing everything about Rustangs ahahhahah jkjk.

Later

HAHAHAH Eric I had you in fourth the first race!!

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    You have to watch out too, because theres a lot of imposters out there. I've run into 2 different 01+ bodystyle "Saleen" mustangs this summer and couldnt get a chance to race either. Later I found out from a few different friends that both of them are confirmed fakes. All you have to do is buy the bodykit and decals, and I personally know 2 different mustangs that have aftermarket sidepipe exhaust systems. So the one you raced 'could' have been a modded GT playing "dress up". Although as many people have already said, their are stages available for them, and one of the non-SC models probably would go down to a WRX w/ an up/dp/mbc combo, so good run.

I still want to run one of these "saleens" around and see what its got though, especially since the drivers of both act really cocky whenever they drive past me (revving and giving me stares and whatnot), we've just never gotten a chance to line up, should be a fun surprise for them as I look pretty stock (other than the exhaust) from the outside....

on kindof a side note....anyone familiar with the 4.6L know what the max you can reallistically get out of one all motor? I know I've never seen much faster at the track than low 13's without FI or NOS, so im guessing 350-450hp? any input?
    IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over 400 whp. even with a kennybell swin screw, just over 400 rwhp is very good (most are about 410 with the tune they send with the kb kit). Tuners have told me that 380 with a roots sc is very good. With a centrif sc (vortec....), iv seeen low 400 (430ish) whp but that is realy pushing the limits of the stock 4.6 gt (2v) engine. the svt is different story. The major issues with mustang is the trany's. They suck imo. Just never ablt to handle the power. i had a complet moser drivtran and the trany was the week point.
    as far as 1/4 mile times go, imo it is all about launching/traction! get some 335's drag radials and know how to launch correctly and a 400whp stang could be in the 11's

oh, they are called "convertions" not imposters. there are alot of them. they have no roush srial number but are basicaly the same.
    if i were to do it again, i would get a 2005 stage 1 roush that has been fitted with a vortec from the dealer. they are getting 440 whp out of them, you got the awesome looks of the roush body kit/s1 and the power of sc without the impracticle drivability of the real stage 3.
    Last edited by rpfride; 08-16-2005 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    IT depends on teh mods but with a roots sc, 4.6 is hard to get over 400 whp. even with a kennybell swin screw, just over 400 rwhp is very good (most are about 410 with the tune they send with the kb kit). Tuners have told me that 380 with a roots sc is very good. With a centrif sc (vortec....), iv seeen low 400 (430ish) whp but that is realy pushing the limits of the stock 4.6 gt (2v) engine. the svt is different story. The major issues with mustang is the trany's. They suck imo. Just never ablt to handle the power. i had a complet moser drivtran and the trany was the week point.
    as far as 1/4 mile times go, imo it is all about launching/traction! get some 335's drag radials and know how to launch correctly and a 400whp stang could be in the 11's

I meant all motor, but thanks for the input. If its hard to get one of these things SC into the 400hp area, than it would sound right to me to assume that all motor numbers are usually more in the 300hp area? I'm wondering because I know a few ppl who like talking smack and neither have any forced induction or nitrous, but claim crazy hp numbers and track times that just dont sound right (like a bolted on 96 that might have a very light cam (you cant hear it at all) who claims to run 12's with like 400hp, but yet has never been seen at the track, and never agrees to go to the track to race). Thanks for the info though.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

i spoke with the guy at work that had the 2005 Roush and he said it was stage 1...just a looks thing and a stock GT under the hood..except for an intake or something that ford claims an extra 10 hp over the GT.

stage 3 (supercharged) for the 2005 models was not out when he bought his and says that he doesnt think it is available in the new style yet even now.

stage 2 adds suspension mods as mentioned earlier in thread...

325 hp = the reason he got rid of it
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

He was talking about roots blowers. With centrifugals, its quite easy to get 400-450 at the wheels.

I watched the "HP limit" with the modular GTs go up by about 100 whp over the past 5 years. It used to be 350 was the limit. Then it was 380,...400,...420, now its around 450.
    It reason for this is a combination of tuners figuring out their sh!t, and the dual cobra fuel pumps which came out that helped to overcome the infamous returnless fuel system problems.

BTW rpfride, I consider the Ford drivetrains pretty tough. My stang has over 100 11sec passes with the stock T45 tranny. That's pretty good, if you ask me. I know the drivetrain in my Evo or WRX would never withstand that abuse, that's why I rarely drag race them.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

i also live in williamsport and my buddy blizwinter also from williamsport who is stage 2.5 Cobb Vf34 raced One the other day and destroyed it most likely the same one and also it was a V8 i didn't have time to reat everyones post but it was deff a V8 that got OWNED!
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

HAHAH I know blizwinter, we don't talk anymore but I do know him!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    He was talking about roots blowers. With centrifugals, its quite easy to get 400-450 at the wheels.

I watched the "HP limit" with the modular GTs go up by about 100 whp over the past 5 years. It used to be 350 was the limit. Then it was 380,...400,...420, now its around 450.
    It reason for this is a combination of tuners figuring out their sh!t, and the dual cobra fuel pumps which came out that helped to overcome the infamous returnless fuel system problems.

BTW rpfride, I consider the Ford drivetrains pretty tough. My stang has over 100 11sec passes with the stock T45 tranny. That's pretty good, if you ask me. I know the drivetrain in my Evo or WRX would never withstand that abuse, that's why I rarely drag race them.
    ^^ exactly^^!!

yep, youre stang is the first i think of when these post's come up. Great numbers.

I think i just beat my trany up to much so it was starting to give me problems. but i also know alot are holding up very well and afew svt guys with 500+whp having troubles with there 6speeds .
    I know the roush S3 is not out yet but there are many dealers that are equiping S1 roush's with vortec's or paxton and getting great results. Thats the way i would go if i got another mustang, or wait for the new Cobra . But awd>rwd. Im going to ac this weekend for a bachelor party, gamble alittle and hit big. Then ill be driving home in a new c6 vett . I like to dream.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast