call my srt4 the mini supra, from a roll king. - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on call my srt4 the mini supra, from a roll king. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX Fair enough, I have made my point. This thread is about cheap fast cars - period. ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Fair enough, I have made my point. This thread is about cheap fast cars - period. The SRT4 is unmatched in that regard. It seems I missed the point. I should not have chimed in with what I did.

Maybe it was the arrogant title of the thread and the WRX crushing avatar that got me to post. It looks as though you are trying to start a fight. My opinion - leave the trash talk to the pro wrestlers.

yeah the avatar is to stir alil trouble but most of the guys know around here, its just all in fun. the title of the thread actually was just a total copy and paste from my srtforums post. that and sence everyone always jokes and picks on the fact srt4s only go from a roll i felt appropriate to keep the title.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah the avatar is to stir alil trouble but most of the guys know around here, its just all in fun. the title of the thread actually was just a total copy and paste from my srtforums post. that and sence everyone always jokes and picks on the fact srt4s only go from a roll i felt appropriate to keep the title.

I think your avatar is funny as hell. (yeah I own a wrx)
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    honestly, i dont think the srt4 would even do bad. The engine is a better engine than ours and can withstand more so stock it will probably last nicely. I think most cars driven normally will last but who cares what car lasts good for 100k miles?? i honestly could care less. I've had 4 cars since i was 16 and im only 23. I could care less about longevity, my car was hitting redline straight out of the dealership in every gear, i hit 120 on the first day redlining gears with my sti. If it lasts me enough where i can trade it in and be up like i did with my wrx than im happy. I'll probably end up getting a 07 sti if they have a new platform. What you have to understand, most wrx and srt4 drivers are in the younger crowd so they are like me, they get cars and leave them left and right so 100k reliablity doesnt matter. Now reliability with 350whp matters?? yes and srt4 would win that for sure.

oh come on reliability matters more than anything, especially if you're modding! my 'Rex is paid off, my bazillion dollars in mods are paid off, and I have a nice, sporty, reliable car to drive all year round for the next 2-3 years.

that's a much better situation than buying a $25K car, modding it, having it break down all the time, then going completely upside down on a trade and being in debt. when it's all said and done, buy an M5 for the same money. the reason why WRX and SRT are "everyday man's" sports cars are because they're reliable.

also, reliability plays into how much you like your car. if your car's a money pit, how are you going to love it? not everyone's rich, some people can only afford one car.

that's why I think DSM owners are the craziest/coolest car enthusiasts on the planet. their cranks like to fall out, their cars can barely start, and all they can think about is hitting 12's.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4

i still hate that damn avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    oh come on reliability matters more than anything, especially if you're modding! my 'Rex is paid off, my bazillion dollars in mods are paid off, and I have a nice, sporty, reliable car to drive all year round for the next 2-3 years.

that's a much better situation than buying a $25K car, modding it, having it break down all the time, then going completely upside down on a trade and being in debt. when it's all said and done, buy an M5 for the same money. the reason why WRX and SRT are "everyday man's" sports cars are because they're reliable.

also, reliability plays into how much you like your car. if your car's a money pit, how are you going to love it? not everyone's rich, some people can only afford one car.

that's why I think DSM owners are the craziest/coolest car enthusiasts on the planet. their cranks like to fall out, their cars can barely start, and all they can think about is hitting 12's.

modded srt4 is more reliable than a modded wrx. engine is stronger, tranny wont drop etc etc, plus the discussion was stock which car will last longer.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    modded srt4 is more reliable than a modded wrx. engine is stronger, tranny wont drop etc etc, plus the discussion was stock which car will last longer.

yeah that's a good point. although if you're gonna keep everything stock, they're equal.

It all depends on what you want from a car. If you want awd and a great safety record (ie you have a family to think about) then the srt4 is out. If you want cheap speed and could care less about safety then the srt4 is the way to go. I personally think a 02-03 bugeye wrx is by far a better looking car in all respects. The srt4 is by far a better platform for the dragstrip (with slicks on and all) or from a roll (of which I think is nothing but a reallife dyno-pull involving absolutely no skill).
    Bottom line both cars are fast little pocket rockets that give there owners a heck of alot more pleasure than the average car can. I feel sorry for those poor suckers that have to drive the family minivan to work because they had kids. The wrx keeps me from becoming one of them thank GOD!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567