call my srt4 the mini supra, from a roll king. - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on call my srt4 the mini supra, from a roll king. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats w/ all these cocky kids comin around w/...

Whats w/ all these cocky kids comin around w/
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey i think this justs as my first post war thread. yes. i'm so happy i wanna thank my dum ass srt brothern who's stupid driving and reckless abadonment for life would have never have given our whole group of cars such a bad name and i also want to thank all the people that think the srt can't go around turns or hold 28psi on the stock internals with out all your support we couldn't have such a great fude....

sigh.... i'm board/.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Yeah what he said^^^^^^^. I stay here cause i love all enthuiseist (cant spell) cars. A wrx was my first real fast car. Plus this crowd seems leaps and bounds more mature then other boards, and i got some cyber buddy's out of here. Like a homeless guy at a shelter, im stayin till you make me leave.
    Used to have stg4 wrx. stuck w/ stg0 srt4
    L.I.S.C #6

yeah i must say those srt-4's are quick out of the box and sound bad ass... and what you have must be awesome! but srt-4 owners generally are dumbasses... just like many new WRX owners. (some older owners, too)

anyways, that kinda power makes me envious! although, i'm all for building a great all around performance car... the power junky in me would love to have a high powered, no handling, fwd car again so i can yank on supercars all day long and leave em in awe! WRX stage 4+ isn't exactly slow, but it aint fast... not like a 450whp sentra... not like 480whp rx-7... and not like your monster srt-4.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I Support ClubWRX
    How about a different kind of race; an endurance race. Take a new 2005 WRX and a new 2005 SRT4, drive them normally for 20K miles a year in rain, snow, heat and cold for five years. After 100K miles what car would come out on top? It is not all about raw speed.

I could care less about which is faster. No matter what you drive, someone is always faster.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    How about a different kind of race; an endurance race. Take a new 2005 WRX and a new 2005 SRT4, drive them normally for 20K miles a year in rain, snow, heat and cold for five years. After 100K miles what car would come out on top? It is not all about raw speed.

I could care less about which is faster. No matter what you drive, someone is always faster.
    if thats the case, i'll take a toyota echo and i'll win that race with ease... with enough money for a fun car still. don't bring reliability into this cuz the WRX isnt exactly the most reliable low cost transportation option out there. toyota echo PWNZ j00!!!1

you're lucky if you dont like fast cars, but seeing as how you modded your WRX already... the dark side is just around the corner. anyone who has had a fast car, only dreams to return to that level of speed. anyone who has tasted speed, will soon wish to have an entire buffet of speed. its inevitable.

i have had a few crazy friends who have this obsession for speed... and they just need a fix. its not about being faster than you. its just about being fast. there are many guys out there who want 500whp+ for no reason other than to drive around and enjoy... they dont race, they dont want to be in a magazine, they dont want sponsors... they just want speed.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    if thats the case, i'll take a toyota echo and i'll win that race with ease... with enough money for a fun car still. don't bring reliability into this cuz the WRX isnt exactly the most reliable low cost transportation option out there. toyota echo PWNZ j00!!!1

you're lucky if you dont like fast cars, but seeing as how you modded your WRX already... the dark side is just around the corner. anyone who has had a fast car, only dreams to return to that level of speed. anyone who has tasted speed, will soon wish to have an entire buffet of speed. its inevitable.

i have had a few crazy friends who have this obsession for speed... and they just need a fix. its not about being faster than you. its just about being fast. there are many guys out there who want 500whp+ for no reason other than to drive around and enjoy... they dont race, they dont want to be in a magazine, they dont want sponsors... they just want speed.
    I didn't suggest the Echo, just the WRX and SRT4. The service records of both cars would suggest the WRX will prevail. Toyota has a better service and reliability record than a Subaru product. I could have bought an Echo. I wanted some speed and fun.

My mods are pretty mild all things considered. I get slightly better gas mileage than when the WRX was stock; that tells me it is running more efficiently. It's the autoxing I'm doing now that may lead me to the dark side around the corner. Speed and fun.

honestly, i dont think the srt4 would even do bad. The engine is a better engine than ours and can withstand more so stock it will probably last nicely. I think most cars driven normally will last but who cares what car lasts good for 100k miles?? i honestly could care less. I've had 4 cars since i was 16 and im only 23. I could care less about longevity, my car was hitting redline straight out of the dealership in every gear, i hit 120 on the first day redlining gears with my sti. If it lasts me enough where i can trade it in and be up like i did with my wrx than im happy. I'll probably end up getting a 07 sti if they have a new platform. What you have to understand, most wrx and srt4 drivers are in the younger crowd so they are like me, they get cars and leave them left and right so 100k reliablity doesnt matter. Now reliability with 350whp matters?? yes and srt4 would win that for sure.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    how'd you know? really, its wierd becuase i have some bragging rights thanks to playing around with the basics guys here, but i race for the heart of it all, the rush of running next to another car WOT, hearing the sounds of a high revving motor, 4 or 8. the exhaust tone puts a chill down the spine, butterflys in my stomach and a tear in my eyes. and I'll be damned if anyone takes that from me.

ok thanks for contributing nothing to this thread. i think your just hunting for an exscuse to make you feel better about being slower in general. just my .02 have a nice day. and thanks to the guys that just understand the fun in being fast.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Not to be sarcastic, but I'd like to point out that this is the typical honda owner's response when they get stomped on by a faster car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, etc., and of course you have a right to your opinion. However...this forum is called WRX vs The World. Not "Beauty School 101". The merits of the vehicle here are judged on their performance aspects, not how pretty they appear to yourself or others. There is a forum called Exterior and Appearance for that stuff. I mean, c'mon...the Impreza platform is one of those red-headed step children that you have to be in the family to love. It has never been considered sexy by the majority of folks. Very much like the Neon platform, with the exception that SRT just happens to put out one of the best 4 cylinder blocks in the world. Read up and maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about here.

BTW..although I'm not the posters big brother, I am a friend, and I would find it hard to understand if you were to take a ride in his car and not walk out with a big grin on your face. It pulls like a freight train and never seems to run out of breath. Probably one of the top 5 fastest cars I've ridden in, and it's not even tuned yet.

This is basically a forum oriented to the "sports" side of automobiles. Increases in power should always be celebrated, and not denegrated out of spite or jealosy...which is how you come across. Just thought I'd offer that up for future reference. I don't expect you to get it, but if so, the world will be just a tad bit better to live in.

Good kills Brad. Tom let me know everything that went down. And for everyone's information, the guy in the Saleen he beat actually came across as a cocky punk, and Brad made him sound a lot cooler than he was.
    Im just going to point out that I am a Honda owner and always will be a Honda Owner and I give props to him. Ive thought of trading my wrx in for an srt4 just to lower my monthly payments.

As for the its just a neon fact....Yea well just remember that they were just Dodge "Darts" back in the day but when Dodge stuffed a 318/ or 360 in their economy box everyone criticized them for doing it and look what happened. The muscle car era was born and struck a match underneath a lot of teenagers butts who are no designing cars like the "NEON" today.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    ok thanks for contributing nothing to this thread. i think your just hunting for an exscuse to make you feel better about being slower in general. just my .02 have a nice day. and thanks to the guys that just understand the fun in being fast.
    Yep, I know that post of mine would get you to come out of your hole. My $0.02 is worth nothing, yet since you have a faster car your is? Real nice.

There is always someone with a faster car - and they are not driving a WRX or an SRT4. Deal with it. I am.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep, I know that post of mine would get you to come out of your hole. My $0.02 is worth nothing, yet since you have a faster car your is? Real nice.

There is always someone with a faster car - and they are not driving a WRX or an SRT4. Deal with it. I am.
    I'm pretty sure he stated early on that he knows his car is not the fastest, and that there are many cars that would beat it. I'm not sure I understand where your assumptions are originating from?
    If you wanted a car that would endure, why even consider a sports oriented vehicle? This, to me, is the same argument (only in a different form) that many use to justify when they loose a race or understand their car is not as fast as another...ie..it's prettier, worth more after a few years, lasts longer, etc. Not the point of the thread IMHO.

To the honda owner...my sincere apologies. I was merely using "honda" as a representation for a crowd with normally underpowered engines, but over-inflated beliefs in their capabilities. I could have used many cars as an example, including just about anything with an NA 4 cylinder engine. Just about.....
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

what are you trying to prove with anything that u've said. that a wrx is better year round and over a longer term? yep it is. move on. it gets better gas milage does better in the snow and holds it value better then my neon ever will. it just happens that my neon will out run most if not all cars in it's price range up to 27k or so. even with all the cash thats in mine (still under 30k) its still hard to find a new car that will run with it, with out getting way up in price. but its a one trick pony we all know that. my 04 neon already is worth 3k less then my 02 wrx that i traded in for it now with 4x the milage. just the way it is.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    Fair enough, I have made my point. This thread is about cheap fast cars - period. The SRT4 is unmatched in that regard. It seems I missed the point. I should not have chimed in with what I did.

Maybe it was the arrogant title of the thread and the WRX crushing avatar that got me to post. It looks as though you are trying to start a fight. My opinion - leave the trash talk to the pro wrestlers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.