Nsx!!!!!!! - Page 7
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nsx!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yea i still preffer a 712whp STi over it all and also you gotta give the NSX credit for being ...

Yea i still preffer a 712whp STi over it all

and also you gotta give the NSX credit for being able to handle very well.

Bugatti Veyron will own all haha

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Yup, sold it. Its time I save for a house. Just save period. I'm 23 now, and I need a house more than a sports car. I'll miss it. Atleast I have the bike for speed.

you've got your bike for the speed and thrill of driving / riding...

why not just save up for a house instead???

cars are seriously the worst investment ever. 99.9% of the time your investment will decress, not to mention insurance, accidents, theift... etc etc..

gotta love em though
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

a car is NOT an investment... it is a necessary expense and a toy.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

anything you spend money on is an investment of some sort.

So are you saying a candy bar is an investment?

I dunno in a way I agree but in a way I don't. A car is a necessary expense but can also be thought of as an investment cause you spent money on something and that something you spent the money on gave you something in return... Transportation.

everytime i hear the word investment i think of the stock market. You invest your money into this stock and make money in return... relating it to a car is similair, you invest your money into a car and get transportation in return.

But of course if you choose an STi, NSX, or some kind of sports car you are obviously investing your money into a toy. if you invest your money into a regular car you mostly i would think are investing it into a necessity to get yourself around places. You can also invest your money into a toy and make a business out of it.

Why not get a Dodge Viper for that kind of money instead of a NSX?
    Quote Originally Posted by timber
    I think I would be more worried about my butt if it was Brian..
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I was rect0wned.

cause the dodge probably doesn't handle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxRacer
    Why not get a Dodge Viper for that kind of money instead of a NSX?
    even with only 290 hp... id still purchase an NSX over a Viper (if i had that kind of money)

imho, the NSX would make a better track car, more pratical, A LOT better looking, more fun to drive... and more importantly has much more appeal. Would you rather say you know a friend with a viper, or someone who has an NSX? Of course the NSX! because it's much more rare and much more established as an exotic / supercar. The first one out of Japan in fact. Which also help set the bar for daily driveablity for all the other supercars to follow.

but ya lol... starting to hate this thread cause very little is based on fact and the rest is all PERSONAL opinion. People are differnt, people do differnt things, people like differnt things.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    a car is NOT an investment... it is a necessary expense and a toy.
    Depends on what kind of car...my old Mustang has tripled in value since I bought it in 1997. I've had offers on it for 15k and I bought it for 5k.

Back on topic, I saw 2 NSX's on the dyno a few weeks ago. One was bone stock, put down around 240 or so. The other was supercharged with a few other mods, put down 325.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie1
    Depends on what kind of car...my old Mustang has tripled in value since I bought it in 1997. I've had offers on it for 15k and I bought it for 5k.
    but how much money have you put in to it?

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    but how much money have you put in to it?
    Over the course of all those years? Maybe about 2k at the very most, and that's on the high end.

I would take a C6 Z06 over any other car. The Corvette is the best car any money can buy. You get the whole package - looks & sound, speed, reliability, handling, decent MPG, chick factor, etc..

I was talking to a guy who owned a Lamborghini Diablo. He said he used to have a Viper, and that insurance on the viper was more than the lambo

The NSX is cool, but waaaay too overpriced. 290 hp V6 for $90k? come on, at least give it some balls.

Thought I'll give my 2cents

I've owned an NSX and still kinda wished I still had one (didn't drive it often enough and neede a good daily driver such as the WRX). Yes the power rating is low from factory and matinace is ONLY expensive if you service it at the dealrship. But otherwise its not bad at all if you know how to do it your self, its not that hard to pull the motor on the NSX.

But power to weight ratio is damn good, and it is not that hard to push 375-400hp in thease motors and that is plenty for an NSX. and the biggest plus of this car is that it is balanced, it is truly a track ready car stock. I've tracked mine when I had it with only wheels(on Pirelli's) and intake/exhast work, I was able to clock faster times than the 355's and Modena's.

I love the Camaros and Vetts too, they have incridable power potentials but you gotta be honest, they are fat heavy ladies.

I always like to say, its like comparing Bruce Lee and Thripple H
    One is agile, quick, and perciese while the other is just raw mucsule.
    HKW

Quote Originally Posted by Rice Boi
    I love the Camaros and Vetts too, they have incridable power potentials but you gotta be honest, they are fat heavy ladies.
    Well, this fat heavy car owned NSX at the autox and on the straight line, I'll own it as well.

Let me correct my self, This was over four years ago. I'm sure your car is capable, at that time the my NSX was pretty dominant. And I will add that, when dirving cars like the NSX and Vetts alike, the driver is a big factor as well. I'm sure youre just the better driver against your friends and I could probably say the same for me over the cars I've beaten.

I can also say, there is no car that is the best. It all depends on the driver's taste, I've been lucky to have the chance to push a lot of cars to its limits. For me the NSX is at the top of my list just under the TechArt GT3. They are cars that demands the driver's ability to push it and that to me is the best part of driving. And all I'm doing is just standing behind my NSX. And i'm sure youre just doing the same with your Vett.
    HKW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.