Nsx!!!!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nsx!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Okonkowo The xj is absolutely amazing.... you can just feel those two turbo's spool up right behind ...

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    The xj is absolutely amazing.... you can just feel those two turbo's spool up right behind ur head.
    just out of curiosity... how DID you get to drive the XJ anyways..?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    I dunno man my cousins friends NSX is supercharged 500 crankhp and well him n my uncles business partner had a little go.... Lamborghini Diablo vs 500hp NSX..... they stood right next to eachother up to 3rd both with 2 people in the car and the NSX pulled slightly in front about a half a car length.

But it was no match for the Murcielago or Xj220.

Does a Diablo run mid 11's stock? You wanna make a C6 Z06 faster...? Its a hell of a lot easier than an NSX... throw a blower or two turbo's on that sunuva b!tch and it'll run 9's... any NSX's runnin 9's with a few grand under the hood..?

By next spring I plan on getting a Murcielago rape on film myself... I'll post it in the video forum.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

^^ lol jeez okay okay you win....

My relatives business partner is the vice president at broadcom and has a Lamborghini murcielago, Diablo, Xj220, lotus elise, rolls phantom, and a lamborghini SUV he won at a raffle.

I used to lust over the Lambo SUV, that thinng was HAWT!
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

haha yeah last time i saw that thing it was in the shop getting all the plastic parts replaced by chrome metal parts and a 15 inch sub underneath the rear seat.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebennett
    Wow, if you think the NSX only looked good and didn't do anything well, just stop saying you like cars in general for the good of mankind. And if appearance was everything, thats probably why Ayrton Senna was their test driver right?
    In it's hottest trim, you'd pay $88k for a NSX-T that ran 13.3 @ 106, stopped from 60 in 120 ft, or 4 feet worse than a "heavy" 3000GT (the obvious stepchild of the comparo article). The NSX couldn't out-skidpad the 3kGT either. So what did it do that was so good? It didn't accelerate quickly. It didn't stop quickly. It's handling was mid-pack. The Viper kills it and costs less. It costs $40,000 *more* than the 3000GT or Supra and gives you nothing to show for it except "Wow, I'm in a mid-engine car and listen to how that engine screams at 8500 rpm." Who cares what it sounds like when you're behind?

http://stealth316.com/2-mt5-99.htm

There are a lot of other cars that'll do it better and cheaper without having to try to look "exotic" in the process. It's not a bad car. It's just not a particularly good car either. But, like the other Honda products, that doesn't matter. Image and styling sells their cars. Give me torque I can use now rather than a vtec-inflated hp number.

A perfect case in point: This month's comparison article including the SRT4, WRX, Cobalt/Ion, and the RSX. The RSX was ranked #1 despite coming in last in every comparison aspect. Their reasoning? It was just fun to drive. Again: who cares how much fun you're having when you're LAST?
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Great Read John M.

I want a 1997 911 Turbo pretty bad now, ahahaha..

the NSX didnt do that bad... it did just fine, its clearly just not worth the money when there are so many other great cars out there for that much.. (and in the z06's case.. less money)

but thats life, you have the money, so you're free to use it as you choose.

YES! I did find it extremely odd that the RSX won...(in a contest titled CHEAP SPEED) if anything you'd think the SRT-4 would win........ or even the cobalt SS, cause its performance is almost as good, with its interior being A LOT nicer then the srt's.. the srt-4's cheap interior kept it from winning, but man.. that thing kills... talk about cheap speed..

also suprised at how badly the WRX did =(

thats alright though.. a few mods will fix her right up -_^

For the WRX to do bad, it takes one hell of a bad driver and whose worse than a magazine article writer?

...still.....

they made the SRT-4 look good.

yea this is rediculous..... magazine's always write up the wrong facts. I think they should go get a person who has been driving a subaru for a while and test against a guy who was driving a SRT-4 for a while and a driver who has been driving a RSX for a while and then test it. That way nobody can ccomplain about bad drivers since they're so experience with the make of the car.

But then they will have biased opinions from the owners of the cars when they do talk about which car is more fun to drive and other subjects of the like.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick:6:STi
    I used to lust over the Lambo SUV, that thinng was HAWT!

Lust is a sin........you disgust me.....

Just kiddin.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    You know what, tour absolutely right. The '91 NSX was much nicer than the '91 Vette... but it's 2005 and that was 14 years ago.

I think what we are talking about is how the 2005 models don't hold a candle to the '05 Vettes in terms of value or performance - and if the all new redesigned NSX ever comes out with performance #'s that beat the 2006 C6 Z06, it will cost over $100,000...

True. I personally like the C5 and C6 vette, everyone Ive ever worked on no matter what mileage has great reliabillity. I worked on a C5 with over 180k miles and it was original motor and didnt even leak, probably never smoked either. Chevy has come a long way.

As for an NSX, Yes it does cost a fortune, but they are an exotic just like a lambo or ferrari. Also just like an Acura Integra Type R. They are limited numbered edition cars. The value on an NSX holds very very well. I just never knew why Chevy never classified their Vettes like that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    ...As for an NSX, Yes it does cost a fortune, but they are an exotic just like a lambo or ferrari. Also just like an Acura Integra Type R. They are limited numbered edition cars. The value on an NSX holds very very well. I just never knew why Chevy never classified their Vettes like that.

Why has Chevy never classified their Vettes like that...? I'd like to think it's because they want their customers to actually be able to purchase a realistic, affordable, supercar... Not wait months upon months on a list and over pay for a car that's only true future worth is its rarity...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Why has Chevy never classified their Vettes like that...? I'd like to think it's because they want their customers to actually be able to purchase a realistic, affordable, supercar... Not wait months upon months on a list and over pay for a car that's only true future worth is its rarity...

that would be why.

Chevy wants to make every American dream of having a supercar in their garage a REALITY! .... if you can finance it that is

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast