Nsx!!!!!!! - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nsx!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by amukaoen I bet the new C6 Z06 would tear the Nuburgring up and set a bunch of ...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    I bet the new C6 Z06 would tear the Nuburgring up and set a bunch of records for an American car, we'll just have to wait and see ^_^

It already has... it beat the porsche GT3 RS (racecar) a few weeks ago...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well you gotta keep in mind that the NSX was a Mid Rear which is probably a really good handling setup which most exotic cars such as Lamborghini, Jaguar (xj220), Lotus Elise, and ferrari use. I've heard Mid Rear Setups are expensive.

After being in an XJ220 all other cars seem petty. 80 in 1st, 60 in 3.2, top speed 220mph, and absolutely no luxury in that thing. No power steering, no power clutch, no power anything except power twin turbo 6 cylinder motor. That thing is like a full on race car. It simply took a few seconds before i hit 160 on the toll roads at night. My point is some of the all time best handling setups are MR vehicles and as you all know MR vehicles are not cheap.

wasnt the xj220 a huge commercial failure? they sold like 200... just bad timing on their part...the ecconomy like fell apart at the time

id take a F40 over a XJ anyday.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

i'd take the NSX over the Z06 any day. after owning a Scoobie for a few years, I'm dying for some exotic car styling. hell if i could afford a new NSX, i'd buy a Z06 for a track car.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

The xj is absolutely amazing.... you can just feel those two turbo's spool up right behind ur head.

Corvette.. yum
    10" Nike
    Mods- Gel Pad, Shoe Cleaner
    Scooby Dooby Doo

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i'd take the NSX over the Z06 any day. after owning a Scoobie for a few years, I'm dying for some exotic car styling. hell if i could afford a new NSX, i'd buy a Z06 for a track car.

Technically, the new C6 Z06 is more "exotic" than the NSX... with the extensive use of carbon fiber (the entire front end) and magnesium (the roof, underpinnings, etc.), as well as balsa wood (stronger and lighter than carbon fiber), bi-mode exhaust valves, dry sump oil system, titanium engine components, etc... it is more “exotic” than most cars that come out of Italy ...VVV

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2006/index.shtml

PICS & MODS

why would you take an NSX over the new Z06, Isn't the Z06 cheaper, let alone faster and better handling? I just don't see how the NSX is even relevant in this decision.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    Werd. I, too, want a rear wheel drive honda with awd.
    with the Acura RL's SH-AWD anything is possible :P
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Well you can supercharge or turbocharge the NSX and slap on a nice widebody and fat ass wheels to make it fast and handle great. I don't know much bout the z06 but anybody know if you can do the same to it?

The NSX is just like the other cars from Honda: appearance is everything. It doesn't have to do anything particularly well. It just has to look like it does.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    Well you can supercharge or turbocharge the NSX and slap on a nice widebody and fat ass wheels to make it fast and handle great. I don't know much bout the z06 but anybody know if you can do the same to it?

Yeah, you could, but what would be the point...?

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by ill Underground
    they are way over priced. they look good, but for the $$$ i could think of alot of other things better (the Z06 is a good chioce) or a supra
    I test drove a used 3.2 liter 6-speed model before getting the Supra. No doubt the NSX looks exotic, is rare and it's mid-engine low weight setup makes it handle/steer great. That thing changed direction faster than any car I've ever driven. The engine revs very fast, and has a Formula 1 sound to it. The six speed felt incredible as did the clutch. The car felt very solid and well planted and is very relaible. Problem is, it only has about 220 ft-tlbs or torque and is not as fast as one would expect from a car in that price range(Titanium alloy is expensive). It's about as quick as a stock C5 and has a similar power to weight.

I would barely take it over a C5 Z06 for the reasons above. Even though the Z06 is much, much faster. Now a C6 Z06, well no way in hell
    Last edited by garrettjj; 08-23-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    The NSX is just like the other cars from Honda: appearance is everything. It doesn't have to do anything particularly well. It just has to look like it does.
    Wow, if you think the NSX only looked good and didn't do anything well, just stop saying you like cars in general for the good of mankind. And if appearance was everything, thats probably why Ayrton Senna was their test driver right?

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Yeah, you could, but what would be the point...?

I dunno man my cousins friends NSX is supercharged 500 crankhp and well him n my uncles business partner had a little go.... Lamborghini Diablo vs 500hp NSX..... they stood right next to eachother up to 3rd both with 2 people in the car and the NSX pulled slightly in front about a half a car length, but then again the diablo was stock and the NSX was modded the **** outta.

But it was no match for the Murcielago or Xj220.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.