Nsx!!!!!!! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nsx!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm suprised nobody brought up the argument of the nsx being a MR. In the middle is where the engine ...

I'm suprised nobody brought up the argument of the nsx being a MR. In the middle is where the engine belongs, also adds to the car's 'exotic' appeal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Bad ass. How much power? i heard rumors of 500hp. That will be one bad mo'fo'

You've been aout of the loop, smokey! The cars press release was over two months ago. All the manufacturer test data is out and a few weeks ago they even brought it to Germany's famous Neurenburg (sp?) where it smashed a few long standing records...

505 HP
    0-60 in 3.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 11.7 @ 128 mph

I'll post a link...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    You've been aout of the loop, smokey! The cars press release was over two months ago. All the manufacturer test data is out and a few weeks ago they even brought it to Germany's famous Neurenburg (sp?) where it smashed a few long standing records...

505 HP
    0-60 in 3.8 seconds
    1/4 mile in 11.7 @ 128 mph

I'll post a link...

Good god man, I have been out of the loop. High 11s off the factory floor, which means if you put it in the hands of great drivers (i.e., not mag drivers) they will probalby see mid 11s..and with just DR's, I wonder if high 10s would be possible. Jesus...
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

a friend of mine just went to the Corvette plant in Kentucky because one of his friends just bought a new c6. For a $600 option, you can take a tour of the plant and pick your car up. They had two new zo6s sitting in the plant and my friend said the build quality was outstanding, much better than the previous corvettes. He said the quality control on the new corvette is amazing. I guess time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Family Guy
    I work for Acura and can shed some info here,
    The upcomming NSX replacement will be a V10 n/a, the NSX will continue to be made up until the new model comes out, don't believe everything you read. My Acura rep told me 2 weeks ago, they put out the rummor of stopping NSX production so the press will stop asking questions.
    I read today that they're thinking about putting the awd system from the RL in it. That would be worth the 85K imo.

A mid engine rear wheel drive honda with a V10 and awd. I'd be all over that if I had the loot.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

do yall think if I was stage 2 that I could have kept up with it better?
    2003 sonic yellow wrx mods: K&N drop in filter, koji mod, muffler
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=20&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Burn
    I read today that they're thinking about putting the awd system from the RL in it. That would be worth the 85K imo.

A mid engine rear wheel drive honda with a V10 and awd. I'd be all over that if I had the loot.
    Werd. I, too, want a rear wheel drive honda with awd.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdonkey
    do yall think if I was stage 2 that I could have kept up with it better?
    isnt that a given?

you would have kept up a lot better, but in the end he still would have pulled away from you, it is an NSX after all.

close but no cigar, you'd need a VF30 / VF34 to play with that bad boy on the highway..

by the way, I ABSOLUTLY love your avitar, the girl on the left is INSAINLY gorgeous man.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    20 or so production models have been touring for the past month or so for press etc.... They are on sale by order, pricing is $65k - $75k fully loaded with luxury toys. They ship late fall.

You also have to remember that the US gets crap for vehicles so a vehicle made in the US is going to be the flagship product for that company ie vette, viper, charger.

The flagship car for Honda would be an NSX Type R which never debuted in the states so what you are saying is kind of unfair. I worked for a chevy dealership for 3 years as a technician and never once did I see a nice 10 year old Corvette. Not saying I havent seen nice ones but for build quality the vette is

I now work for honda and have seen a number of NSXs come thru and have seen a 91 NSX and that NSX still worked like the day it was bought. The oil was in the motor where it should of been instead of underneath it in the parking lot and all that.

Compare a 91 NSX to a 91 Vette..........Id own the NSX....The Vette was HIDEOUSLY ugly, and poorly made.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX
    You also have to remember that the US gets crap for vehicles so a vehicle made in the US is going to be the flagship product for that company ie vette, viper, charger.

The flagship car for Honda would be an NSX Type R which never debuted in the states so what you are saying is kind of unfair. I worked for a chevy dealership for 3 years as a technician and never once did I see a nice 10 year old Corvette. Not saying I havent seen nice ones but for build quality the vette is

I now work for honda and have seen a number of NSXs come thru and have seen a 91 NSX and that NSX still worked like the day it was bought. The oil was in the motor where it should of been instead of underneath it in the parking lot and all that.

Compare a 91 NSX to a 91 Vette..........Id own the NSX....The Vette was HIDEOUSLY ugly, and poorly made.

You know what, tour absolutely right. The '91 NSX was much nicer than the '91 Vette... but it's 2005 and that was 14 years ago.

I think what we are talking about is how the 2005 models don't hold a candle to the '05 Vettes in terms of value or performance - and if the all new redesigned NSX ever comes out with performance #'s that beat the 2006 C6 Z06, it will cost over $100,000...

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    Werd. I, too, want a rear wheel drive honda with awd.
    Doh! You got me

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

with me being Japanese and all....

the Corvette is the ONLY american car i'd even think about owning.

The new Z06 is THE American Supercar...

I cant wait to see it on the streets... or maybe even own one in 5 years when it drops to like 40~50 grand

What about a Viper? Thats an American supercar
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333

True. The Viper is without a doubt an American supercar. But the new C6 Z06 was purpose built to take over the #1 spot, and it has succeeded, with all performance #'s beating that of the new Vipers...

PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Not the biggest fan of the viper... is it good for anything besides straight line speed?
    See a lot of vipers tearing it up on the Nurburgring? ... or any track for that matter?

The Corvette seems a lot more well rounded in my humble opinion and I bet the new C6 Z06 would tear the Nuburgring up and set a bunch of records for an American car, we'll just have to wait and see ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.