Nsx!!!!!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nsx!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; they are way over priced. they look good, but for the $$$ i could think of alot of other things ...

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    they are way over priced. they look good, but for the $$$ i could think of alot of other things better (the Z06 is a good chioce) or a supra
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    V6TT would be more exotic...

Honda make a factory vehicle with a turbo? That will be the day. There all about there little V-tec
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

They already have a V8 in the works. Its suppose to be in the upcoming Ridglelines in a few years. Who knows what else.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Honda make a factory vehicle with a turbo? That will be the day. There all about there little V-tec

Yeah VTEC is pretty hot, I'm thinking about putting it in my LS2... it's like a turbo hits at 9,000 rpms.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I work for Acura and can shed some info here,
    The upcomming NSX replacement will be a V10 n/a, the NSX will continue to be made up until the new model comes out, don't believe everything you read. My Acura rep told me 2 weeks ago, they put out the rummor of stopping NSX production so the press will stop asking questions.

I have driven many NSXs, they are great cars, not that fast (my cobb 2.5 WRX is faster) The cool thing about driving an NSX is people stop what they are doing to look at it when It drives by. I had one about 2 years ago the customer insisted on me taking the car home to check for a occasional problem his exact words "beat the $hit out of it to see if I can get the problem to occur, I told him as long as he called my manager and his boss I would, and he did. Sounds soooo cool hearing VTEC kick in about 10 inches behind your head. Handles great, felt a litttle sloppy when I took off the roof. Car went 120mph in 3rd gear. Never got the problem to act up. Also EVERYTHING is mad $$$ for that car. I get a lot of people picking up used NSX's for 20-30k and then they discover they cannot afford to get things fixed or service the car, (example $3000 for a timingbelt/waterpump and valve adjustment, motor has to come out). L/f inside door handle $500, speakers $1000 each, electric p/s rack $6000.
    Now: 04 WRB STi (stock)

it's a nice looking car, plus it's cool that it's NA
    -Eric
    Originally posted by lanevoell
    stand up for yourself, painter!
    Wesome +1

Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    it's a nice looking car, plus it's cool that it's NA
    Give me a turboed car over a NA car anyday.. My IROC would smoke my WRX but I LOVE feeling the boost kick in.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    For the price of an NSX you can buy a new ZO6. I'm not a fan of the NSX
    I'm certainly not disagreeing with your opinion, but the NSX was never meant to be a straight line performer. its a track car. Granted, it is very expensive track car adn the Z06 does just fine on the track, but you can't look at it as just "straight line speed."

Regardless, I'd rather have a Z06 anyway, so in that sense I agree with you.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

It's not fair comparing an older car with a recent car.

Especially comparing the price (new) of the NSX vs the new price for vette. Realistically, one should compare the price of the NSX used vs the cost of the vette, since I don't know where one could get a brand new NSX in the US. Technology is great and it makes sense over time the consumer will get more for the $.

But, some designs are ageless. Some would say the NSX is a collector car. I loved it when it came out, and it still turns my head now.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Although a ZO6 certainly outperforms an NSX, the build quality on the NSX is infinitely better. Vettes are good for about 30k before major problems start occurring!
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I'm certainly not disagreeing with your opinion, but the NSX was never meant to be a straight line performer. its a track car. Granted, it is very expensive track car adn the Z06 does just fine on the track, but you can't look at it as just "straight line speed."

Regardless, I'd rather have a Z06 anyway, so in that sense I agree with you.
    I think he was trying to emphasize that for $20k less, the new C6 Z06 will destroy a new NSX, track or straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilver
    It's not fair comparing an older car with a recent car. Especially comparing the price (new) of the NSX vs the new price for vette. Realistically, one should compare the price of the NSX used vs the cost of the vette, since I don't know where one could get a brand new NSX in the US. Technology is great and it makes sense over time the consumer will get more for the $.
    Outdated is outdated. You can still buy a new NSX, and for $85k vs the soon to be released $65k of the C6 Z06, the car is uncomparable in anything but price...

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    Although a ZO6 certainly outperforms an NSX, the build quality on the NSX is infinitely better. Vettes are good for about 30k before major problems start occurring!
    What it comes down to is if you want the reliability of an Accord, it will perform like an Accord. The reliability of any ultra-high performance car takes the back seat to its primary concern: performance- Chevy, of Ferarri, it's all the same.

Plus, I know a ton of guys with 50K+ on there Vettes with no major problems at all, just minor things here and there, mostly cosmetic.
    PICS & MODS

I think he was trying to emphasize that for $20k less, the new C6 Z06 will destroy a new NSX, track or straight line.

I wasn't even aware that the C6 Z06 even existed yet (I'm not being sarcastic at all, honestly).

Outdated is outdated. You can still buy a new NSX, and for $85k vs the soon to be released $65k of the C6 Z06, the car is uncomparable in anything but price...

I stand corrected. I forgot that Acura still offerred the NSX (05). I agree in that regards that the comparison is valid and as for performance, the vette is probably superior.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I wasn't even aware that the C6 Z06 even existed yet (I'm not being sarcastic at all, honestly).

20 or so production models have been touring for the past month or so for press etc.... They are on sale by order, pricing is $65k - $75k fully loaded with luxury toys. They ship late fall.

PICS & MODS

20 or so production models have been touring for the past month or so for press etc.... They are on sale by order, pricing is $65k - $75k fully loaded with luxury toys. They ship late fall.

Bad ass. How much power? i heard rumors of 500hp. That will be one bad mo'fo'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.