300ZX TT ripped me a new one
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 300ZX TT ripped me a new one within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving home from school I see this 300ZX twin turbo in front of me turning left with a passanger. We ...

300ZX TT ripped me a new one

Driving home from school I see this 300ZX twin turbo in front of me turning left with a passanger. We turn and he changes lanes and drives slow and I know he wants a piece of me.. but I do not want a piece of him! Well this is going on for a minute and I look over and say what the hell, ill see how I do, although I know it wont be pretty. So we go from about a 30ish mph roll since were all ready moving and I am ahead of him right off the bat. I guess I got a jump on him or he was being nice to me but I was still ahead about a car length at the top of third then all of a sudden Hes coming up fast and passes me like nobodys business. Its like I was standing still! He put about 4 car lengths on me like nothing and he was still going strong. He flashes his hazards to signal my defeat. Wow all I could do is laugh! I was amazed he pulled so hard so quick. I pulled up next to him at the next light and ask what hes running the quarter in. 13.5 he says. He asks if I want to run again from a stop, but I declined. They were cool guys, I complimented his ride and went on my way.. with tears down my face
    Last edited by Mr. Fancypants; 10-17-2002 at 11:34 AM.
    04 SVT Lightning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Way to be a good sport and accept the challenge. I agree it's tough to want to run against someone when you know you're probably gonna lose anyway. But it's always fun to see how you measure up.

Nice loss! heehee.... you should have taken him up from a stop. You never know....at least you would've been a little closer and it might have surprised them.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

3rd gear is absolutely killer in a TTZ. If he is a decent driver he will be even or slightly ahead from launch to 60mph but after that it would be all Z..talking stock to stock of course. If he is actually running 13.5's he has at minimum done some exhaust work. Stock TTZ will do high 13's at around 101-102mph with good driver.

a cat back exhaust, K&N intake, ecu upgrade and boost jets for 15psi gets the pre '95 TTZ's to 400hp...this gets one to 13flat at around 109mph and I have seen this setup with a direct port 50shot sprayed all the way though the run hit 11.8's at 120 on drag radials. doesnt take too much to make them extremely quick.
    Last edited by twinz; 10-17-2002 at 01:13 PM.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

Great courageous defeat! You took one for the team! Now get to moddin' and go find that pesky Z again!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Yah seriously, a stock tt z is in the 14's

Re: 300ZX TT ripped me a new one

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    I pulled up next to him at the next light and ask what hes running the quarter in. 13.5 he says.
    Wow...a 13.5 for a quarter inch is kinda slow J/k, I know what you meant. I never really knew how fast those cars where. I would have thought that you would've beaten him. Now I know
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Re: Re: 300ZX TT ripped me a new one

Originally posted by WRXin'

Wow...a 13.5 for a quarter inch is kinda slow J/k, I know what you meant. I never really knew how fast those cars where. I would have thought that you would've beaten him. Now I know
    Haha quarter inch. Yeah man, those things are no joke! But it really gives me incentive to start modding after getting whooped.
    04 SVT Lightning

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    Yah seriously, a stock tt z is in the 14's
    Mine ran 13.8@101 bone stock with 36K miles on it..5spd, street tires, 93octane gas. with ecu/15psi/cat back and K&N filter it ran 13.0@109. added 4.08 gears and it dropped to 12.3@115. after doing mild turbo upgrade+555cc injectors+big ic's and downpipes and test pipes( deleted cats ) and 18psi of boost the car would run 11.7's@120+ on street tires and 93octane all day long.
    Last edited by twinz; 10-18-2002 at 05:43 AM.
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

I have a friend here at work with basically a bone stock TT, its a 91. He has intake and he runs low 14's

I was amazed he pulled so hard so quick.

i dont know about everyone but when he said this, it made my day LoL

Originally posted by ReX_Less

i dont know about everyone but when he said this, it made my day LoL
    You perv
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

I ate a ttz with kn filter. I had txs stealthback,atr uppipe,resonator removed, 15psi. I beat him fr a 40,60 and70 mph roll ons. He wanted to win so bad he challenged me to a 100mph roll on... He got killed bad fr 40, but as we increase mphs my winning distance decreased. I still won. The funny thing is I saw his name on supraforums and he said he put many lengths on a wrx... I told them the true strories. TypeC laughed at him and threw up the bs flag @ him.

TTZ that was one fast z you had.

300zxtt

I was in the 300zx forum a lot of those mother ****er are runing
    high 11 and low 12 on stock turbos thats amazing the first tme i went to track i seen a 300zx run a 11.7 on stock t25 turbos no nos.wrx for life

Re: 300zxtt

Originally posted by wrxallwheel
    I was in the 300zx forum a lot of those mother ****er are runing
    high 11 and low 12 on stock turbos thats amazing the first tme i went to track i seen a 300zx run a 11.7 on stock t25 turbos no nos.wrx for life
    Wow, thats freaking fast for stock turbo
    2001 White SVT Cobra
    Mods:
    BBK Long Tube Headers
    K&N
    Bad tires

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.