Me Vs. a friend's 05 Stang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Me Vs. a friend's 05 Stang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me - 02 WRX up/down pipe (catless), Straight through 3inch catback. Friend - 05 Stang GT Stock 1st three races ...

Elm

Me Vs. a friend's 05 Stang GT - Videos post #8

Me - 02 WRX up/down pipe (catless), Straight through 3inch catback.

Friend - 05 Stang GT Stock

1st three races from a stop. I would pull 2-3 cars on him and hold it till about 85, then he would slowly creep up to about 1 a car behind by 100. same result on all three.

Next three races from a 20mph roll. I was suprised how close it was. It seemed to be a drivers race. He would get about half a car up to about 75, and then I somehow start creeping on him up to 100. On the second of the roll races he missed 3rd like a idiot.

I'll attribute some of my winnings to my friend not being the best driver, but he's decent. When I would flatfoot shift on the roll races, I seemed to gain a little on him. (I don't think he knows how to flat foot shift )

I also pulled a big smokey cookie in his car after we got done racing.

I also have four of the races on video, but they were taken with my camera, so they aren't the best of quality.
    Last edited by Elm; 08-09-2005 at 10:46 AM.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wher are you in Omaha? I've never seen you before but its good to see we.....I have a fellow Omaha, Nebraskan in here.

Nice kill! Good to know.

Elm,

I raced an '05 GT not too long ago with my Stage II and held him off by a couple or three cars. They're pretty quick stock. Good to see the WRXs represented in Omaha.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

Elm
    Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    Wher are you in Omaha? I've never seen you before but its good to see we.....I have a fellow Omaha, Nebraskan in here.
    I live in north west omaha. I'm the only blue 02 with a carbon fiber trunk and prodrive p7's in omaha, so its pretty easy to spot me

You should visit www.nebraska-subaru.com if you haven't already

Yep tony, I'm showing everyone whats up keeping all of the other cars in line
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

Very cool. I'm still waiting to run a new 05 GT. I had no problem an 04 mach1.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

i didnt think a stage 2 could keep up with a new gt stang, let alone a catless wrx. not calling bs though, i still wanna race one since i still think my 2.5 wont keep up with a mach 1.

oh well this kill makes me more optimistic.

Elm
    Here are the vids:

1st. I get the jump and hold a few cars till the end. GT has traction controll off.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/videos/Stop%201.avi

2nd. I get the jump and hold him off to about 3/4 of a car till i let off around 100. GT has TC on.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/videos/Stop%202.avi

3rd. 20mph roll. He gets the jump and had about a bumper on me till he miss shifted into 3rd.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...20Roll%201.avi

4th. Funny commentary on the missshift

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...commentary.avi

5th. 20mph roll. I let him get the jump because I didn't know at what point was considered the 'end of the bridge' so I gun it a tiny bit after he does. He gets about 3/4 of a car on me, then somehow I pull about even with him and we both let off. My theory is that my I/C was heatsoaked from sitting around for about 5 minutes before this race, then around 65mph it finally cooled off, giving me a boost in power

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...20Roll%202.avi

I also had two guys in my car, and my friend had one tiny girl. My car was feeling a little sluggish.
    Last edited by Elm; 08-09-2005 at 10:43 AM.
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

Quote Originally Posted by Elm
    Here are the vids:

1st. I get the jump and hold a few cars till the end. GT has traction controll off.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/videos/Stop%201.avi

2nd. I get the jump and hold him off to about 3/4 of a car till i let off around 100. GT has TC on.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/videos/Stop%202.avi

3rd. 20mph roll. He gets the jump and had about a bumper on me till he miss shifted into 3rd.

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...20Roll%201.avi

4th. Funny commentary on the missshift

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...commentary.avi

5th. 20mph roll. I let him get the jump because I didn't know at what point was considered the 'end of the bridge' so I gun it a tiny bit after he does. He gets about 3/4 of a car on me, then somehow I pull about even with him and we both let off. My theory is that my I/C was heatsoaked from sitting around for about 5 minutes before this race, then around 65mph it finally cooled off, giving me a boost in power

http://members.cox.net/elmntfrlif/vi...20Roll%202.avi

I also had two guys in my car, and my friend had one tiny girl. My car was feeling a little sluggish.

Now I want to race one and see what happnes.

damn 2 additional guys in your car? That makes a lot of difference. It does in my car anyways... I can definitely tell about the extra weight.

HAH im so happy.. my friend just got a GT and he talks sooo much ****, all he has is an intake, exhaust, and hes automatic.
    i cant wait to get to stage II and pwn him.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

I'd like to race a 05 since I destroyed a 04 GT from a roll with a CAI and catback and yes it was a 5spd. I'm AP stage 2 with up/dp. With a extra 40hp I'd think it would be very close from a roll.

Elm
    Ok, I have a new theory. It's all in the trunk. My pimp'n CF Trunk along with the trunk monkey back there. That had to add at least 40whp
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

hahaha the trunk monkey.. those are great vids
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

There are now supercharger kits for the 05 Mustangs, which turn them into absolute beasts. Road & Track/September has a nice little article where a bunch of cars were put through a 1 mile acceleration test, including a supercharged 05 stang.

If I remember correctly, the stang trapped 120 mph at the 1/4 mile mark, and pulled passed 170 mph at the end of 1 mile. Pretty damn impressive -it beat out both a Viper and a Vette. I think the fastest was the Hennessy (sp) Viper, I think it went 210.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.