05 wrx vs Turbo-ed LS

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs Turbo-ed LS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was coming home tonight on Arapahoe road talking with my cousin when I see integra lights behind me. ...

05 wrx vs Turbo-ed LS

So I was coming home tonight on Arapahoe road talking with my cousin when I see integra lights behind me. I thought nothing of it and started fooling around saying "Uh OH, Integra!" He pulls to the left side of the lane and I look over smiling. We continue to drive with cars in front of us and than he goes into the far right lane at the stop light. I get behind him since other cars have already stopped. We sorta go..but than I hear a BOV. I look over to my cousin "Turbo, this might be fun." We get a light but we both didn't stop completely. We both punch it. He jumps a 1/2 a car ahead of me and we continue this 'till around 60. We shut down at the next light and this time we're still stopping/rolling. I roll down my window and ask him if it's turbo and if it's a Ls. He was cool and said yes to both. The light turns green. DEAD EVEN all the way through ~1-90mph. We shut down and we slow down yet again at the next stop light, only this time we didn't bother to go at it. He turns into his neighborhood and I give him a fellow peace sign. This is my first race outside of my friends, so it made it that much more intense. I thought I was going to get beat.

My car mods-stock!
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Must've been a small turbo. If you're stock I would imagine he would've pulled on you. My brother had a LS Integra w/ a t3/t4 turbo untuned and it was pretty quick. This was before I had my wrx but I'm sure he would've walked me with no problems.

Good race but don't be too confident when racing turbo'd hondas.

Which engine is the LS engine? I'm not too familiar with all the Honda engines. In any case a friend of mine has a '99 Civic LX coupe with a T3/T4 and built internals and I can keep up with him in my Stage II. They're fast little bastardos. Oh he's selling it for $8,000 and it's pretty much perfect.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

The LS motor is the b18b... no vtec. I think it's rated at 130hp. Slap a turbo on though and I'm sure it would be at least over 200whp. That's enough to walk a stock wrx and probably stick with a stage2. Again, it all depends on what turbo and the tune.

My brother's friend had a gsr integra w/ a similar setup putting down 240ish whp. He raced a 2001 m3 from a roll and it was neck and neck.

If we want to talk crazy honda setups. My friend has a built gsr motor with a HUGE turbo in his civic hatchback. He's border line 11's. Damn those little hondas

Quote Originally Posted by 03WREX
    The LS motor is the b18b... no vtec. I think it's rated at 130hp. Slap a turbo on though and I'm sure it would be at least over 200whp. That's enough to walk a stock wrx and probably stick with a stage2. Again, it all depends on what turbo and the tune.

My brother's friend had a gsr integra w/ a similar setup putting down 240ish whp. He raced a 2001 m3 from a roll and it was neck and neck.

If we want to talk crazy honda setups. My friend has a built gsr motor with a HUGE turbo in his civic hatchback. He's border line 11's. Damn those little hondas
    Yeah the Sublime Speed Technology (www.sstracing.com) hatch ran 10.4s. They can be built like mothers that's for sure.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!