Stage 2-2.5 WRX vs. Honda civic with heavily modified h-series
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2-2.5 WRX vs. Honda civic with heavily modified h-series within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, this kid i know wants to do time trails at my local track (PIR) for a sum to the ...

Stage 2-2.5 WRX vs. Honda civic with heavily modified h-series

Ok, this kid i know wants to do time trails at my local track (PIR) for a sum to the tune of 3 grand (winner take all type ****). I told him i might do it for a thousand after my engines got a few more mods on it. He's all cocky atm thinking he can beat me in the curves with tien coil-overs and z-rated tires, but i got springs, strut bars, and paradas, not to mention awd. Anyways, he's swapping out his engine for a pretty sick H-series, and I don't know what kind of numbers he'll be pulling, but I do know it will be NA with probably forged internals, intake, exhaust and all the basic bolt-ons.

Question: two weeks from now I'll have a full turbo-back exhaust system and an EM tuned on a dyno, and sooner than later a VF34 and possible FMIC. My question is: should I even bother racing him, or should i just save my money? I also got intake and intercooler hoses and I'm sure I'll have more little toys on it when i race, if I do.

So, opinions on if i could beat him or not would be stupendous, or any other advice on what i could do to make sure I'm going to smoke him. I'll of course post the results if/when it does happen, and maybe a vid.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Racing anyone for that much money, especially on a road course, sounds like a bad idea. But hey, to each their own.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

^^What he said.

Practice driving more and take him down.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

I wouldn't do it...

It's even MORE up to the driver on a road course, as opposed ot just having all out power (or even all out suspension parts). If you think you're good, go ahead.

You hear a lot of rumors about how fast the civic combo with h22 is, Ive never experienced it, but have the 2.5. Id imagine theyd be on a similar level but I would give the edge to the honda just because of the mystery factor.

On a real deal road course depending on what he would do with his car, but that combination plows like a son of a gone in the corners. The motor is almost twice as heavy as what the original is (d series).

Save your money and do it for fun and bragging rights unless you have money to blow away.

Good call, I need more practice, i've only had my rex for like 5 months now... Maybe I'll just do it for bragging rights, and if the dude can get track time, then what the hell.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

my friend has a civic hatch with an h22. its modded up preety nice. but he beats sti's....just watch out, those civics are FAST as hell.

If you can drive youre car very well, with those mods you should beat him.
    springs + sways + rubber = pretty good handling wrx.

BTW, thats the way to do it, a t.t. on a race course . If not for money, just do it for fun and let us know how it goes. Do Not do it on teh street.
    now go represent .
    Last edited by rpfride; 08-08-2005 at 06:26 AM.

Anything can happen in a race. Save your 3k and dump it into a retirement plan.....err i mean your car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.