why, why, WHY!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on why, why, WHY!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why the hell do people who drive lancer OZ "rally" cars think they are driving an Evo? I swear, I ...

why, why, WHY!?

Why the hell do people who drive lancer OZ "rally" cars think they are driving an Evo? I swear, I get rev'd at, cut-off by, etc.. by more OZ rally lancers than Evo's! I just dont understand. The car IS NOT fast, yet when they put on $60 wheels from pepboys and a watermelon launcher the car = an Evo
    I just dont get it.

I have raced more OZ rally lancers than Lancer Evolutions which is pretty damn sad. Today on my way to work I came across some guy who was lowered on painted stock wheels and altezza tail lights in his mightly OZ rally!!!!!!!111111 DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!1
    This moron had arranged the letter of L A N C E R that go across the back and replaced it with R A C E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sh!tting you guys... I am really not sh!tting you. He arranged the lancer letters on the back and centered them to read " R A C E " on his trunk. I broke out in a near death hysterical laugh as I pass him. At this point he punches his mighty 16 second car to pass me. I didn't even bother.. I was too speachless.

I am have seen some really tacky crap from stupid car owners in my day, but this is by far one of the worst ever. Brand new, riced out, 16sec car with the original letters rearranged to spell "race".
    Fcking priceless!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha my neighbors boyfriend got one put an exaust, and got some rims, i havent asked him what else he has on it, because the guy wont look at me after i smoked his a$$. He reved his engine @ me, with my wife in the car, she looked at me and said to put him in his place haha.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    I don't know why this is the case, but almost everyone I know, regardless of what they drive (Lexus, BMW, Civic, Hummer...) thinks they have a fast car. NO ONE thinks their car is slow, unless they have a fast toy car like most of us...but for my friends who only have one car, no matter how lame it is, it's a racecar.
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    I don't know why this is the case, but almost everyone I know, regardless of what they drive (Lexus, BMW, Civic, Hummer...) thinks they have a fast car. NO ONE thinks their car is slow, unless they have a fast toy car like most of us...but for my friends who only have one car, no matter how lame it is, it's a racecar.

so true. I remember when I first started driving I would drive around my moms 99' GrandPrix GT and thought it was fast. Then I got my maxima and put some mods on it (broke into 14's) and thought the car was super fast too. I never raced cars I knew would kill me though, but I will admit I thought my car was fast for what it was. Then again, that was highschool and my car really was one of the faster cars.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

so true. I remember when I first started driving I would drive around my moms 99' GrandPrix GT and thought it was fast. Then I got my maxima and put some mods on it (broke into 14's) and thought the car was super fast too. I never raced cars I knew would kill me though, but I will admit I thought my car was fast for what it was. Then again, that was highschool and my car really was one of the faster cars.

When I was in high school, my 140hp v6 stang was the fastest thing ever.

Then I got into college and realized that an 18sec car wasn't too quick...
    2003 SRT-4

people who dont drive semi quick cars think everything is fast. I drive a sti and i think sti is quick but not fast. now your cobra with 501whp is fast. I think its cause we realize how many cars out there can destroy us and usually were humble and will give props since we are afterall just entusiasts.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a yellow lancer OZ rally somewhere around here that "challenged" me several months back. I did not even waste the gas - I let him think he owned me.

i did run into a turbocharged one once, all it did was spin. dont you love fwd?

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    people who dont drive semi quick cars think everything is fast. I drive a sti and i think sti is quick but not fast. now your cobra with 501whp is fast

Yea, the cobra is just plain bad...too much, to be honest.
    2003 SRT-4

I agree with you 100+++%. I get sooooo sick of all these idiots in honda's and Irocs that spent $2k on bolt-on's and then all of a sudden they have an 11 second car. I think in my area it comes from the fact that the nearest drag strip is a good hour's drive away, so most of what I guess you could call the "poser" car guys have no idea how fast their cars (or any cars around them) actually are... Most of them probably have no idea what a "fast" car is like unless they had family or close friends to show them as they grew up. Take the average non-car enthusiest for a ride in a stock RSX-S and most of them will think its fast... untill they ride in someting faster. That kind of stuff is all relative, I had sooo many people who thought my stock Type-S was soooo fast when I took them for a spin in it simply because they hadent ever ridden in something faster at WOT. Hell people used to tell me back in the day that my 95 Grand-Prix was fast , its all just relative, and generally the people who know how fast they are seem to be the ones that keep their mouth shut, or at least know when to open it....

I've only met 2 people with OZ rally lancers though, and both of them are pretty cool (and deffinatly know where they sit on the performance totem-pole), but I see other OZ's driving around now and then, and they do seem to be given the "super-rice" treatment by their owners more often than alot of cars. I chalk it up people whos last car was a CRX with bolt on's, or something like that. Going from a high 16 second car to a mid 15 second car will seem like alot to someone whos never driven anything faster, especially since alot of them have no Idea what their performance mods are really adding as they never go to the track or a dyno or anything. I've met people who think their cat-back exhaust adds like 30hp, with a CAI that gave them 15, and various other little bolt ons, so they MUST be in the 10's now because they have headers and a 75 shot tooo ....
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 08-06-2005 at 05:40 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Wow all the OZ lancers around where I live are teh girls. No guys really except for one guy who I know thru a bunch of friends, but I really wouldnt call him that much of a guy (he wears the womens pants).
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I agree with you 100+++%. I get sooooo sick of all these idiots in honda's and Irocs that spent $2k on bolt-on's and then all of a sudden they have an 11 second car. I think in my area it comes from the fact that the nearest drag strip is a good hour's drive away, so most of what I guess you could call the "poser" car guys have no idea how fast their cars (or any cars around them) actually are... Most of them probably have no idea what a "fast" car is like unless they had family or close friends to show them as they grew up. Take the average non-car enthusiest for a ride in a stock RSX-S and most of them will think its fast... untill they ride in someting faster. That kind of stuff is all relative, I had sooo many people who thought my stock Type-S was soooo fast when I took them for a spin in it simply because they hadent ever ridden in something faster at WOT. Hell people used to tell me back in the day that my 95 Grand-Prix was fast , its all just relative, and generally the people who know how fast they are seem to be the ones that keep their mouth shut, or at least know when to open it....

I've only met 2 people with OZ rally lancers though, and both of them are pretty cool (and deffinatly know where they sit on the performance totem-pole), but I see other OZ's driving around now and then, and they do seem to be given the "super-rice" treatment by their owners more often than alot of cars. I chalk it up people whos last car was a CRX with bolt on's, or something like that. Going from a high 16 second car to a mid 15 second car will seem like alot to someone whos never driven anything faster, especially since alot of them have no Idea what their performance mods are really adding as they never go to the track or a dyno or anything. I've met people who think their cat-back exhaust adds like 30hp, with a CAI that gave them 15, and various other little bolt ons, so they MUST be in the 10's now because they have headers and a 75 shot tooo ....
    Yep. When I bought my new 2000 Mustang GT back in 2000 it had 260hp and DAMN I thought it was fast!! I read all the magazines and did some mods and in my head:

260hp stock +
    Cold Air Intake = 15hp
    Flowmasters = 10hp
    Pulleys = 15hp

I was at 300hp already!! Modding cars is easy!! Now I can go shoot for the c5s!!

Then I got whooped by stock z28s and was scratching my head. Only after the education that a good, mean messageboard can give did I learn my lesson on cars and become the man I am today.
    2003 SRT-4

Yeah, I was under the impression my car is fast until Ive raced a few other quick cars and got murdered. It was fun smoking civics in my old 1985 Benz 500SEL, those little sh!theads in their ricer mobiles would get pretty mad at my automatic trannied 5.0 liter slug. It's even better smoking people with sh1te cars that think they're hot. Gives me a sense of pride to smoke a p.o.s. with a coffee can that was advertised to give X horsepower, and their windshield wiper fluid sprayer lights.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

Yep. When I bought my new 2000 Mustang GT back in 2000 it had 260hp and DAMN I thought it was fast!! I read all the magazines and did some mods and in my head:

260hp stock +
    Cold Air Intake = 15hp
    Flowmasters = 10hp
    Pulleys = 15hp

I was at 300hp already!! Modding cars is easy!! Now I can go shoot for the c5s!!

I remember that sh!t. Sitting in study hall with a sport compact car or super street and looking at the AEM and Ice man intakes, along with the Venom ECU control module, etc.. Before I got my maxima which came with 190hp, I had thought I could throw on a couple bolt on's from those magazines and have like 250hp!
    Much like you though, I found online forums and was set straight and started learning

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i did run into a turbocharged one once, all it did was spin. dont you love fwd?
    Yeah, there is a turbo OZ around here also. I ran him at a local street race thingy from 0-80 and put like 6+ cars on him. He wanted to go from a roll and run from like 80-130. I told to kiss my ass and to have fun in jail.
    Just call me Clark Kent

yeah the turbo oz wasnt impressive speedwise, it was just unique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast