why, why, WHY!? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on why, why, WHY!? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OZ wannabe Evo's = . Coming from an Evo driver, I hate seeeing an OZ that has an Evo wing. ...

OZ wannabe Evo's = . Coming from an Evo driver, I hate seeeing an OZ that has an Evo wing. It looks retarted. I don't understand why they turbo there stock engine? Save ur money and buy something else. Dam people
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You see, people now get lancers and rice them up to be "evos". Just watch, in the future were gonna see people buying 2.5RS's and they are gonna rice them up to be like an sti.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    You see, people now get lancers and rice them up to be "evos". Just watch, in the future were gonna see people buying 2.5RS's and they are gonna rice them up to be like an sti.
    Thats the funny thing, I've seen lots of modded 2.5 RS's and they were all pretty well done, usually just lowered with rims and tint, sometimes an intake and exhaust here and there...although i have seen a few old mid-90's outbacks and legacy's with ricey decals and mufflers, but only a few around here.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

I have an STi wing but I just like the look of it and the 600 lbs of downforce Im gettin at 85mph, but no badges or crap like that, I want ppl to know it's a wrx so when i get my new turbo i can smoke some sti's
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    already seen a few
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

older 2.5rs's are the hottness with the jdm sti wings from their years. i have seen a good amount of them swapped with turbo motors.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

I Support ClubWRX
    I rented a Lancer once. I'd be surprised if it could break into the 16's in the 1/4 mile. It was one of the slowest cars I've ever driven.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    Yep. When I bought my new 2000 Mustang GT back in 2000 it had 260hp and DAMN I thought it was fast!! I read all the magazines and did some mods and in my head:

260hp stock +
    Cold Air Intake = 15hp
    Flowmasters = 10hp
    Pulleys = 15hp

I was at 300hp already!! Modding cars is easy!! Now I can go shoot for the c5s!!

Then I got whooped by stock z28s and was scratching my head. Only after the education that a good, mean messageboard can give did I learn my lesson on cars and become the man I am today.

Me too!!!...I had a 2k gt and also raced a z28 and got murdered.I sure felt stupid.I got a off road h pipe with 2 chambered flows and 4.10 gear,but in the back of my mind I knew I would still get ripped a new one!!!

some of us ran into some weird guy who had a nissan where he converted it to right hand drive (UK/japan style) to make it look authentic. i dont recall which nissan it was. then he put a big turbo in it and kept running the engine up. all these fellow ricers were around the car while he was in the staging lanes for the strip. i guess he was tuning something or whatever but i never seen anyone do a tune job revving the car to max and pretending to set the MBC afterwards. the dude gets on the track and only runs 15's. all that hype and no show.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

just comparing the STi and the EVO, think about what cars they're based off of. the STi is based off an Impreza, which runs with a base price of around $19k, while an EVO is based off a Lancer with a price tag of $13k. surely the Lancer is of a lower class than the Impreza. people buying a near-$20k car probably have more sense and hopefully won't rice out their cars, compared to crazy little teenagers driving what appears to be just another civic, but with a mitsubishi logo.

my 91 corrolla was nicknamed "the porshe"

not b/c it was fast though. b/c of how i drove it. it was also an accomplished off roading vehicle, as well as a popular dance club.

dR

hey hey hey.... i own a wrx that looks like an sti and i re aranged the "wrx" to say "mr. x" so that guy isnt to far from me... plus when ever i see an evo i try to race him... and i know ill lose, but its so much fun
    whats a signature?

Its just another guy new to the racing scene and showing off. I laugh at people like that all the time.

Stasis
    BlueWRX-7

there is a kid here in town that i sold a 2.5RS (red) to last year -- a 2004 and he put a melon shooter muffler on it and a WRX hood with STI scoop. Apparently he is telling people it is a WRX because I have had 3 people try to race me saying they beat the other RED WRX in town (we have only had two..one is mine and the other is a salesmans son's old car that is here for sale now). needless to say the race is ugly and they are
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.