05 wrx or an 05 srt-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 wrx or an 05 srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SRT THIS I don't understand why the "Non" SRT owners always say the SRT seats suck and ...

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    I don't understand why the "Non" SRT owners always say the SRT seats suck and are uncomfortable? I'm 6'4, 210lbs and I drive 120 miles everyday, I have an 03 SRT with over 78K and my seats feel awesome. Holds you in tight and comfy and everyone who sits in my car can't beleive they come stock!

The SRT reliability is 2 thumbs up IMO. 78K modded, and still on stock clutch/ tranny/ motormounts, with countless drag/track days. Only problem I've had, was a broken axle at the track, replaced under warranty with mods, and a Bad Radio The handling on the SRT is awesome aswell for FWD!

Speed, well we already now that one
    Very well put. There are to many people that have never driven an srt-4, and just hate on it. i would take one over a wrx anyday.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I test drove an srt-4 and I hated the seats. I dont know why, but they gave me a weird feeling. WRX seats are much nicer.
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Very well put. There are to many people that have never driven an srt-4, and just hate on it. i would take one over a wrx anyday.

i thought about getting one for a very long time when i was trading in my rex but i couldnt stand the fact it was fwd. It loses traction stock and modded its just crazy power with little money but it spins. Thats why i went with sti.(looked at evo also) Srt4 ACR would probably be a very nice choice for 24k.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Fwd

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i thought about getting one for a very long time when i was trading in my rex but i couldnt stand the fact it was fwd. It loses traction stock and modded its just crazy power with little money but it spins. Thats why i went with sti.(looked at evo also) Srt4 ACR would probably be a very nice choice for 24k.
    You guys are right, the SRT's only real draw back is FWD. If I launch on the street, I'll melt my tires all the way to 3rd gear But from a roll, its a different ball game, but alot of people hate roll races. AWD-RWD love the DIg races cuz thats were their advantage is at and FWD from a roll for the same reason. The Dig-Roll racing will always be an issue for FWD vs. AWD-RWD.

All I know my next car will be AWD-RWD, but my heart will always go out to the mighty FWD Neon SRT-4!!! It has proved itself a worthy fighter who can defend its own ground, after all the hate and trash talk put upon it
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    501rwhp > 300awhp > 300fwhp

hence why i just rain a 12.9 @120 on street tires

traction owns me.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

thanks

hey thanks for the replys its helping me allot with my decision. I'm gona go check out the srt-4's next week and il make my decision. The wrx seems more practical because i dont need that much speed or esle I would go with an sti. Im basically gona keep the wrx almost stock with just intake and exhaust and a psp in the dash lol. il keep you guyz updated. But which car is easier to drive because im still a newb at driving stick so wich one shouild be easier to get used to quicker And wuts the lowest 05 wrxs going for right now because they should be cheap since the 06's are coming out Thanks allot
    -joe.
    03 altima 2.5s
    05 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    1) With handling you are refering to the ACR. Not the same as the dealer srt4 you pick up. Plus, a full 2 seconds makes a big difference on a track. Also, the AWD allows you to put in full throttle halfway into a turn; I would love to see an SRT4 do that. O yeah, and if we discuss mod for mod, again its not even competition. I have driven an SRT4 with coilovers and RSB. My wrx with RSB, tires, and JDM v7 suspension would literally run circles around it at a track.

2) BBB is crap. Granted, the Subaru has a lot of little "things" with it (some of which are why I am selling my car), but overall the car is damn reliable and experiences less problems than the SRT4.

3) I am bias because I love my interior and call the SRT4's cheap? Where did I say the wrx interior was great? Granted, it is considerably better than the SRT4, but the wrx interior is by no mean "nice.". Ask anyone here, that is one of my biggest complaints that I always b!tch about on here. You must also remember that the 05's got a nice upgrade in interior, which just further allows it to blow the SRT4 away in that catagory.

4) I do not dislike the SRT4. In fact, I am often the one of the few people here defending it and giving in props. I just also have a tendency to point on flaws in an automobile and for what this kid is looking for (speed, handling, reliability, daily driver friendly) the wrx is the clear winner.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

ive solved the problem..
    get an sti.
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

its still a neon
    If you aint got no sense, you better beg for the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoalinStyle7
    its still a neon
    its still a impreza
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    Wow Turbowill, i thought you would have some loyalty for the AWD? but you are right, too many ppl jump on the bandwagon of hating on the SRT-4 with out driving one. i for one, like the car, the stock exhaust sounds great, the seats are fine and it is very quick. although one thing that i didnt like was the lack of rear power windows. i was in your position about 4 months ago and my decition came down to SRT4 or WRX, and after drivng both (many diferent times) i decided on the WRX. what set the WRX appart for me was the AWD the boxer engine (how it sounds with exhaust is amazing), and the quality interior (although not amazing). but to reiterate the AWD makes the diff. when pushing more power. but drive both, more than once, and see witch one sticks with you. but my vote goes with the WRX.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) With handling you are refering to the ACR. Not the same as the dealer srt4 you pick up. Plus, a full 2 seconds makes a big difference on a track. Also, the AWD allows you to put in full throttle halfway into a turn; I would love to see an SRT4 do that. O yeah, and if we discuss mod for mod, again its not even competition. I have driven an SRT4 with coilovers and RSB. My wrx with RSB, tires, and JDM v7 suspension would literally run circles around it at a track.

2) BBB is crap. Granted, the Subaru has a lot of little "things" with it (some of which are why I am selling my car), but overall the car is damn reliable and experiences less problems than the SRT4.

3) I am bias because I love my interior and call the SRT4's cheap? Where did I say the wrx interior was great? Granted, it is considerably better than the SRT4, but the wrx interior is by no mean "nice.". Ask anyone here, that is one of my biggest complaints that I always b!tch about on here. You must also remember that the 05's got a nice upgrade in interior, which just further allows it to blow the SRT4 away in that catagory.

4) I do not dislike the SRT4. In fact, I am often the one of the few people here defending it and giving in props. I just also have a tendency to point on flaws in an automobile and for what this kid is looking for (speed, handling, reliability, daily driver friendly) the wrx is the clear winner.
    just for **** and giggles i know it's only 1 time with only 3 cars but this weekend my srt4 was almost 2 seconds faster then a modded sti and a modded wrx around a 50sec autocross course. must not be gods chariot after all. everythinks that awd gives you the power of gods feet but you still gotta know how to drive it.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I went to south coast subaru there and they had an 06 wrx and wow i was very impressed. It looks so much better in real life then in pics from the net. It only had 10 miles on it and I cant decide which year to get now ahah. Well it had painted brake pads that say subaru, the interior felt a little nicer and the hood scoop was smaller. I guess i liked it allot because it was the first time sein it in person. Well u guyz wont be disapointed because the 06s are really nice aha. I hope i can get a good deal on one just like an 05.
    03 altima 2.5s
    05 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport Sedan

Ike
    The SRT-4 is a nice car and does what it is meant for well. What's it's meant for in my eyes is to give good performance for the buck. However after driving one I decided it's a nice car for someone else. In short no matter what anyone here says mean a whole heck of a lot, just go drive them.

Now to get on my soapbox, no 17 year old kid that doesn't really know how to drive an MT should own one of thse cars, you're just asking for trouble. But if you must buy a car that's probably too much for you to handle, get the safer one which is the WRX by far. Errrr wait... my insurance rates <sobs>

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    its still a impreza

Just doesnt have the same affect.

Probably because the base impreza could smoke all of the neons besides the SRT4 and still have awd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.