Teh end of slow RX8s ???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Teh end of slow RX8s ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well guys, yesterday marked the end of slow RX8s. A new standalone EM named Mazsport Interceptor-x EMS just came out ...

Teh end of slow RX8s ???

Well guys, yesterday marked the end of slow RX8s. A new standalone EM named Mazsport Interceptor-x EMS just came out yesterday and supposedly they are starting to make some pretty nice numbers even with the small Greddy kit. With the small greddy kit, they made 292 WHP / 256 WTQ @ 12.5 PSI on 93 pump gas @ 103 F heat. The greddy kit is the smallest kit you can get for the 8. So with a bigger turbo, some 8's are going to be packing well over 300 WHP. So next time you pull up next to a modded 8, don't be so sure you will take em.

Here is the link to the new revolutionary EM.
    http://mazsport.net/store//product156.html

Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice.
    04 Cayenne Red XT....b1tch.
    Cobb Stage 2 Protune on the way....
    Kartboy SS
    bling free since 1975

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    Well guys, yesterday marked the end of slow RX8s. A new standalone EM named Mazsport Interceptor-x EMS just came out yesterday and supposedly they are starting to make some pretty nice numbers even with the small Greddy kit. With the small greddy kit, they made 292 WHP / 256 WTQ @ 12.5 PSI on 93 pump gas @ 103 F heat. The greddy kit is the smallest kit you can get for the 8. So with a bigger turbo, some 8's are going to be packing well over 300 WHP. So next time you pull up next to a modded 8, don't be so sure you will take em.

Here is the link to the new revolutionary EM.
    http://mazsport.net/store//product156.html

Steve

I knew the mazda wouldn't disappoint. I was quite sure that as an na car is was under powered for the "legacy" is was suppose to be holding up as the "predecessor" to the rx-7(using these terms loosely because mazda said the rx-8 isn't the replacement for the rx-7 from what I've heard).

But I always wondered what kind of power they would put out with a turbo kit. Well, there you go. Good peak hp and a great handling car.

I'd like to see a dyno though to see what the power delivery looks like...

Its about time.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    will those motors pop under boost or are they as stout as the last gen's motors?
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by StoplightWarrior
    will those motors pop under boost or are they as stout as the last gen's motors?
    I thought the last gen RX7 motors were reliability nightmares in stock form?
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    the us ones were, they had a better on in JAPAN like always

I'll believe it when I see it in person.

Mazda has been sucking big time lately, and I'm not going to be impressed until they are in production, on our roads, etc etc.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

the RX8 ECU is hard to mod from what they tell me. i used to have an RX8 but it was an automatic. there is no saving grace for an automatic RX8. i hated it! i am never letting my wife chose a car again. the weak link in those cars are tranny's. i am not sure how much the 6spd tranny is gonna handle. those cars were too small for me anyways. when i traded out for a WRX, i had alot more space.

my wife got pissed over my trade in so now she is hell bent on getting another RX8 one day.
    2005 Nissan 350z roadster
    Originally Posted by BrianH
    I can hit 10K more posts before a neon R/T will hit 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps

wasn't this mainly due to the overly complicted 78 vacuum hose system? i don't recall many other complaints aside from the usual oil consumption

I have heard a lot about the smaller Greddy kits being very reliable and making awesome power with lower boost. It looks very promising especially with a car that looks so great and handles so great.. all it needed was some power.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You wouldn't catch me adding boost to any NA rotory engine. It was bad enough when it was OEM. Otherwise, why does every RX7 for sale list "new engine" in the ad? It wasn't for the benefit of the buyer!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Rotaries will most likely always have apex seal problems. It's the weak spot in the design. Especially when you add boost.

I can hear the rotaries popping seals already.

*pop*

From what I've read, the original problem that caused rx-7's to go bad was over heating issues. A lot of time the car would over heat and destroy the seals but the temperature gauge would only show it running a little above hot. There's a whole article on it and test that should be done when buying an rx-7 to make sure it's still road worthy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.