Srt-4 stage 2 with toys Vs My Sti
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Srt-4 stage 2 with toys Vs My Sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I met this kid in a Red srt-4 tonight and he asked me if I wanted to do a few ...

Srt-4 stage 2 with toys Vs My Sti

I met this kid in a Red srt-4 tonight and he asked me if I wanted to do a few runs from a roll of course..I was all excited when he told me he was stage 2 with toys and 100 octane fuel!! I heard these cars are bad as.s. My set up is Sti with Forged pistons, Ecutek , Tbe , Headers wrapped and coated 20 psi and hks Bov.

well I may not be the best story teller but this is how it went down.

1st 2 races 2cnd gear roll.. 30 -120 mph I had him by 1 1/2 cars I have alot of tourqe so I would pull on him right away..

2 cnd race from 60 mph -130!! way to fast for me..had him by 1 car ( that is only becuase my 5th gear grinds and I can't /don't go into it that fast so I lose alot of time there..) still heald him off tho would have gotten worse if my 5th gear shift wasn't so slow.

and we did 1 race fom fun from a dead stop.. not even funny.. killed him.
    anyways those cars are fassst from a roll. I dynod 237whp stock
    now with my mods 308 whp (hot hot day) 320 t/q

anyone know what a stage 2 with toys (whatever that is) dyno for srt-4's?
    Last edited by zigger; 08-03-2005 at 10:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

should be well above you

huh?

say what

Usually on the HOM (high octane mode) they put down 270-280 at the wheels with close to 300 torque, with regular gas about 20 less. If they had an exhaust, bigger throttle body, etc the numbers would be have been a little higher. After seeing your mods I'd say the race went about like it should have.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Nice kill. Your STi must sound bad A$$ with those headers.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill. I would hazaard a guess that either the SRT4 wasn't actually stage 2, or he had a poor tune. I was literally murdered by a stage 1 or so with a good tune when I was stage 2 in mine...and putting a bit more toque down then you. It wasn't pretty. Of course, from dig it was all over.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Stg. 2 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    I met this kid in a Red srt-4 tonight and he asked me if I wanted to do a few runs from a roll of course..I was all excited when he told me he was stage 2 with toys and 100 octane fuel!! I heard these cars are bad as.s. My set up is Sti with Forged pistons, Ecutek , Tbe , Headers wrapped and coated 20 psi and hks Bov.

well I may not be the best story teller but this is how it went down.

1st 2 races 2cnd gear roll.. 30 -120 mph I had him by 1 1/2 cars I have alot of tourqe so I would pull on him right away..

2 cnd race from 60 mph -130!! way to fast for me..had him by 1 car ( that is only becuase my 5th gear grinds and I can't /don't go into it that fast so I lose alot of time there..) still heald him off tho would have gotten worse if my 5th gear shift wasn't so slow.

and we did 1 race fom fun from a dead stop.. not even funny.. killed him.
    anyways those cars are fassst from a roll. I dynod 237whp stock
    now with my mods 308 whp (hot hot day) 320 t/q

anyone know what a stage 2 with toys (whatever that is) dyno for srt-4's?
    I believe if he was stg 2 with toys, he must have run you with out 100oct. mode on. If he did run you with it on, he probably doesn't have TBE to give it it's full potential top end. Either way, good kill Bro.

Stg. 2 w/100oct. & TBE only = 280 hp - 300lbs

Stg. 2 w/out 100oct. and TBE = 260hp - 280lbs

This is what I've seen them dyno.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

^ what's in a stage 0? A reflash?

no i believe stage 0 is just bolt-ons without EM

correct?
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    no i believe stage 0 is just bolt-ons without EM

correct?
    yahtzee
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Ybnormal.. her was indeed a stage 2

We stoped to talk after..( heat from cops ) He showed me these switches on the inside of his car and he had this Mist sprayer.. I dunno pretty cool I guess. I am sure I have more than 308 whp The day I dynod it was one of the hotest days here. My tuner even asked me if I wanted to reschedule becuase he said it was one of the worst days ever to dyno and that I would be dissapointed so who knows..
    He was on a stock exhaust .. I can tell cuz the tips were think and the car wasn't that loud. We exhanged phone #'s to go to the track.. so I am sure I will run him again and this time I will get it on video.. passenger in my car and passenger in his.

SRT This - Please post full size pics of your avatar, that is all I have to say in this thread...please.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

Pixs

Quote Originally Posted by SERacing
    SRT This - Please post full size pics of your avatar, that is all I have to say in this thread...please.
    I tried to post them here, but the place I hosted them at won't let me copy/paste on here

You can got to srtforums.com and scroll down to California Section and look for, "New Sexy Pixs Part 1 and Part 2." A total of about 25 pixs.
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by zigger
    We stoped to talk after..( heat from cops ) He showed me these switches on the inside of his car and he had this Mist sprayer.. I dunno pretty cool I guess. I am sure I have more than 308 whp The day I dynod it was one of the hotest days here. My tuner even asked me if I wanted to reschedule becuase he said it was one of the worst days ever to dyno and that I would be dissapointed so who knows..
    He was on a stock exhaust .. I can tell cuz the tips were think and the car wasn't that loud. We exhanged phone #'s to go to the track.. so I am sure I will run him again and this time I will get it on video.. passenger in my car and passenger in his.
    Your car is faster Bro, I wish I can hear what it sounds like with them headers I like seeing STI and SRT drivers getting along
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Stage 0

Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    ^ what's in a stage 0? A reflash?
    Stage 0 is just the Stock ECU, no reflash. I have all basic boltons, except CAI, don't believe in it. Don't like paying $300 for 1-2hp. Stg. 1 gave me problems with my mods and didn't yield the power and numbers Stg. 0 did. I was getting alot of fuel cut up top, pinging and detonation with Stg. 1. I did keep the Stg. 1 injectors though.

With Stage 1, I dyno'd 242 hp and 289lbs Oh, and I just hit 78K on my 03 also, damn I drive alot!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.