Legacy 2.5 RS

This is a discussion on Legacy 2.5 RS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I think this is what I was playing around with last night on the way home from work. It was ...

Legacy 2.5 RS

I think this is what I was playing around with last night on the way home from work. It was the wagon version, had the hood scoop and all and looked pretty clean. He didn't seem to have the top end that I have, 2005 wrx completely stock, either that or he was too chicken sh** to keep after me. Well that is not the interesting part, after he follows and then gives me the thumbs up I pull up to him to chat. He says it is his wifes car, cool wife, and that he has his baby in the back. I am like , what the hell man, I would not do that with another adult in the car, let alone a child. What a fool, which some might call me for doing the same but it was after work and I was ready to get home, plus I-10 is a biatch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So you guys were racing and he had his whole family in the car? So one small slip and you can say good bye to the whole "Smith" family?

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn...racing with your baby in the car...stupid!!
    2003 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx
    I think this is what I was playing around with last night on the way home from work. It was the wagon version, had the hood scoop and all and looked pretty clean. He didn't seem to have the top end that I have, 2005 wrx completely stock, either that or he was too chicken sh** to keep after me.
    before we start judging people, how fast were you going and how fast was the guy with the kid in the back going to you.

If you notice, he says "He didn't seem to have the top end thant I have" "either that or he was too chicken sh** to keep after me."

Kinda gives the impression that the guy with the kid wasn't doing 100mph+ down the interstate swerving in and out of traffic.

Yeh, i agree. It gives the impression that he didn't want to race at what he felt would be unsafe speeds with his kid in the car. I don't know if you guys had trouble reading the post or what.

A.) It is his wife's car, she is not in it.
    B.) "He didn't seem to have the top end that I have, 2005 wrx completely stock, either that or he was too chicken sh** to keep after me": makes it sound like he wasn't really leaning on the gas pedal doesnt it?

He probably stepped on the gas pedal for a few seconds to measure your wrx then let off right away. The new legacy isn't really something to laugh at and i should hope it would look clean, it is after all a brand new car.
    Last edited by Damien83; 08-03-2005 at 06:51 PM.

first of all, there is no such thing as a Legacy 2.5 RS. Its the 2.5i and 2.5 GT.

secondly, if it had a hood scoop, it has an intercooler, which means its the 2.5 GT.

lastly, hauling ass with a baby on board = if your gonna kill someone let it be yourself

and

and stock Legacy GT's have a little better top end then stock wrx's(maybe not true in wagon form???). atleast until we see what the 2.5 is going to do in the 2006 WRXs.

As far as I knew it was just him in the car, until he told me at the light that his kid was in the back. I was going 115-120 and he was going probably 10 mph less than me, if even that, he was coming up real quick and then I hit the gas and we both kept going until he hit abou 110 he stopped. I am not sure if it was a legacy or outback, didnt think they made the legacy in the wagon, it looked like the new saab wagons from the front. Hood scoop but not like the wrx in that it almost sank in.