volvo S40 turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on volvo S40 turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend is getting ready to get a car, hes debating between a WRX and a volvo S40, the turbo ...

volvo S40 turbo

My friend is getting ready to get a car, hes debating between a WRX and a volvo S40, the turbo AWD ones, what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They're nice cars, but they're heavier, slower, and more expensive than a WRX. For nearly $30,000, I'd rather have a pimped out Legacy GT.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by pimpreza65
    My friend is getting ready to get a car, hes debating between a WRX and a volvo S40, the turbo AWD ones, what do you guys think?
    whats more important to him, performance or refinement?

WRX is a far far far greater sports sedan since it breaks better, handles better, is faster, more modable, etc... Honestly, I have been in an S40 and was not impressed in the least with the car for $30,000. For that amount of money tell him to look into nicer sport sedans like the STi or Legacy GT. You can get an LGT which in my opinion has a nicer interior, looks better, is def. way faster, more modable, and handles better.. not to mention it is still awd and costs about the same if not a couple grand cheaper.

Legacy GT all the way.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

volvo

I own an 04 s60 R...totally different car, but a hell of a car at that. The volvo 40 series would be a major disappointment if you are already driven a rex or have driven the new legacy gt...plus its (the volvo) very expensive to mod with limited possibilities. Thats what makes subies great, the modding is endless...and affordable!

He would have more fun with the wrx. Alot more you can do to the car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

def. wrx over the S40... but I think he should still get an LGT over all of them.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by silver03
    I own an 04 s60 R...totally different car, but a hell of a car at that. The volvo 40 series would be a major disappointment if you are already driven a rex or have driven the new legacy gt...plus its (the volvo) very expensive to mod with limited possibilities. Thats what makes subies great, the modding is endless...and affordable!
    Agree.....but if he was talking a 60R then it'd be a different story. I recently sold my sti for a 60R, sure its not quite as fast but I love it thus far! As for the 60, there are mod's out there including a link a guy sent me in another thread that gives you a chip that brings you a decent increase in hp to the R......I think there is another chip as well that when mated with exhaust has different stages (I seem to recall the chip adding 58hp and then you go to the stage 2 and it gives you another 12-15). Not exactly like throwing on a utec and tbe to an sti but decent power additions for a bigger car.
    Last edited by Silver04Sti; 08-17-2005 at 05:00 PM.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.