350z compared to the WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 350z compared to the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The one thing every one is missing in this argument is insurance cost. Other than being worried about awd or ...

The one thing every one is missing in this argument is insurance cost. Other than being worried about awd or wether or not you need 4 doors or you drive in snow you need to think about insurance. Especially if you're still in college. Call up your agent and get a quote on the WRX 2.0 4 cylinder with 4 doors vs the 350Z 2 door sports car with a 3.0 V6 making 289 hp. You'll probably make your decision as soon as you hang up. My buddy was 21 when he got his Z and he was paying 276 a month.

The Z is a sexy car and probably garners more respect from the general public but the WRX is more easily modified, cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure and you'll be part of a group of people who genuinely love their cars.

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Burn
    The one thing every one is missing in this argument is insurance cost. Other than being worried about awd or wether or not you need 4 doors or you drive in snow you need to think about insurance. Especially if you're still in college. Call up your agent and get a quote on the WRX 2.0 4 cylinder with 4 doors vs the 350Z 2 door sports car with a 3.0 V6 making 289 hp. You'll probably make your decision as soon as you hang up. My buddy was 21 when he got his Z and he was paying 276 a month.

The Z is a sexy car and probably garners more respect from the general public but the WRX is more easily modified, cheaper to buy, cheaper to insure and you'll be part of a group of people who genuinely love their cars.
    I was having thoughts about trading my stage4 wrx in but now with that post I have a new found appreciation for my wrx all over again. Great price, easily mantained, and a great car community.

im 19 (18 when I had the Z) and right now I am paying almost 400 more a year to insure the wrx, but it was used when I bought and a new Z would have been much more to insure, but used cars are cheaper than their new ones to insure.

I have researched quite a bit about 350Z.....

With a decent driver, they can trap even higher than STi and Stage 2 WRX won't stand a chance against well driven 350Z 6sp on a roll. I have stage 2 WRX and won't even try racing 350Z anything above 100mph...

Check out:
    www.my350z.com

The Z definitely isn't a slow car car and it looks great so I'd still get it over a wrx if you don't need the space or awd the wrx has
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

What do you want the car for drag racing? cruising? Road racing? all of the above?

Cobb stg 2 or 2.5 in the quarter mile with a good driver aren't really going to have a problem with a 350z in the stock form running 1320.

Just drive them both and choose what you want, z's are awesome cars. They've got a great feel to them and I think with the newer ones they've resolved the issues with the front tires feathering. Just that if you're buying it for dragging you're going to have to toss some money at it before it's going to get moving.

APS kit for these is very nice, looks like a fun install

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.