would cobbstage two or VF34 (stage 2.5) run with...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on would cobbstage two or VF34 (stage 2.5) run with... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i have done tons of searches but have not found a steady answer to any of the following: would a ...

would cobbstage two or VF34 (stage 2.5) run with...

i have done tons of searches but have not found a steady answer to any of the following:

would a stage two or cobb stage 2.5 (VF34) wrx run with:

newer M3?

2003 mustang GT

2005 mustang GT

2002 trans am ram air

stock evo

stock STI

misc others?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also:

350z

G35 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    i have done tons of searches but have not found a steady answer to any of the following:

newer M3?

2003 mustang GT

2005 mustang GT

2002 trans am ram air

stock evo

stock STI

misc others?

A cobb 2.5 vf34 should hang with:

03 GT
    stock evo
    stock sti
    g35/350z
    m3

I have beaten all of these cars from a roll on untuned vf34 map. 1/4 mile with good driving should put you 12.8-13.1 trapping 105-107 ish, and should take all of these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru

newer M3?

2003 mustang GT

2005 mustang GT

2002 trans am ram air

stock evo

stock STI

350z

G35 coupe
    New M3 = cobb stage2 losing from both dig and roll. Cobb 2.5 would be a good race from a dig but the wrx would lose from a roll.

2003 stang GT = cobb stage2 should win from both a dig and a roll. Obviously stage2.5 would also win then.

2005 stang GT = cobb stage2 would be close from a dig but lose on a roll. Stage2.5 should take it from a dig, and run close on a roll.

2002 trans am ram air = cobb stage2 would run close from a dig but get edged out eventually and passed.. from a roll, wrx would get murdered. Cobb 2.5 would run really close from a dig and probably edge it out, but from a roll still lose to the trans am.

stock Evo = cobb stage2 would run really close from a dig, but the evo would have an edge. From a roll, it is VERY close. cobb stage2.5 would have the evo from both a dig and a roll.

Stock STi = cobb stage2 would get beat in both dig and roll. Cobb2.5 would run really close from a dig and same goes for the roll. Cobb 2.5 would edge out the STi though.

350Z = cobb stage2 would beat a 350Z from a dig, but a rolling race would be very close. cobb 2.5 would walk it in both catagories.

G35c = same results as 350Z basically.

I hope you appreciate this. It just took me like 15min
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

if you havent yet bought an engine management system dont go with cobb if you wanna beat all those cars. Of course now you can go with fmic and anything else you want and just get a tune and go from cobb stage 2.5 to a normal stage 4 rex with a tune.(protuner or streettuner if you wanna do it yourself)
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

you forgot about teh SRT4
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by dviousboxer
    you forgot about teh SRT4
    not even a GT35 snail can take that car. It is teh fAst3r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    not even a GT35 snail can take that car. It is teh fAst3r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    psshhh!! psshhh!!
    " I'm a bad man"

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    New M3 = cobb stage2 losing from both dig and roll. Cobb 2.5 would be a good race from a dig but the wrx would lose from a roll.

2003 stang GT = cobb stage2 should win from both a dig and a roll. Obviously stage2.5 would also win then.

2005 stang GT = cobb stage2 would be close from a dig but lose on a roll. Stage2.5 should take it from a dig, and run close on a roll.

2002 trans am ram air = cobb stage2 would run close from a dig but get edged out eventually and passed.. from a roll, wrx would get murdered. Cobb 2.5 would run really close from a dig and probably edge it out, but from a roll still lose to the trans am.

stock Evo = cobb stage2 would run really close from a dig, but the evo would have an edge. From a roll, it is VERY close. cobb stage2.5 would have the evo from both a dig and a roll.

Stock STi = cobb stage2 would get beat in both dig and roll. Cobb2.5 would run really close from a dig and same goes for the roll. Cobb 2.5 would edge out the STi though.

350Z = cobb stage2 would beat a 350Z from a dig, but a rolling race would be very close. cobb 2.5 would walk it in both catagories.

G35c = same results as 350Z basically.

I hope you appreciate this. It just took me like 15min

I agree with all except the LS1.. From a 10mph roll I was able to hand till I hit 3rd and he pulled on me hard.. Who knows maybe you consider that murdered.. Hehe I don't..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I agree with all except the LS1.. From a 10mph roll I was able to hand till I hit 3rd and he pulled on me hard.. Who knows maybe you consider that murdered.. Hehe I don't..
    well I guess it would consider where you actually started from, but in general the best indication for how a car will do from a roll is its trapspeed and gearing. And in this case, the T/A has superior gearing and traps about 6mph or more higher than a stageII. 10mph-60mph is not a real rolling race, you didn't even give the LS1 enough time to get moving and walk by you.
    In general thogh, an LS1 T/A will more or less murder a stageII from a real rolling race. And by murder I mean beat it by more than 5 car lengths.
    Just call me Clark Kent

i was dead even with a ls1 ram air(mods lid,catback),- from a 40-120 roll and that on a stg4 vf22 map.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

newer M3 - I raced my friend in my 2.5 and won from both a stop and a 60mph roll. A stage 2 would almost deffinatly lose from a roll, somewhat close from a stop though (1/4 mile).

2003 mustang GT - most circumstances Stage 2 or 2.5 will win hands down (stock GT), I never raced one stock, but the lightly modded 03 GT I raced as stage 2 was not very happy I beat him....

2005 mustang GT - probably very close with a stage 2, most likely going to the stang from a roll. Raced a friend in one of these in my 2.5 and won from a roll and stop

2002 trans am ram air - Pretty close with a stage 2.5, slight advantage to the TA from a roll, slight advantage to the WRX from a stop.

stock evo - drivers race with a stage 2 usually. Only raced 1 as stage 2, from a 35mph roll we were dead even to 100. Havent gotten one as a 2.5 yet.

stock STI - Between a stage 2 and 2.5. Raced one from a roll (~40mph)as stage 2 and it was pretty close, with him pulling alot more up high (80mph+), and pretty close down low. Havent raced one stock as 2.5, but I raced a lightly modded sti (he says hes a cobb stg 2 but hes kinda shady, and I figure a stage 2 would deffinatly pull on me) and we were dead even from a 40-80mph roll. We raced twice from a stop with him getting a little jump in 1st and then I would just hold at about his rear bumper, however we didnt really get to take any run past 75 or so, this was also with 2 extra passengers in both cars too...

350z - havent raced one as a 2.5 yet, but I raced 2 different friends with them when I was stage 2 and beat them both (pretty good) from a stop every time we ran (we went 3 times, 3 wide, from 3 different lights after work), and we were pretty close from a roll too (didnt really race from a roll, just played around a bit).
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

A stock EVO and STi both dyno around 220 on the dyno I go to, where a VF30'ed car with a stock TMIC (my old old setup) dynoed at 250ish. That was with an aggressive custom tune, however, so a Cobb 2.5 could expect to be 15 whp or so lower.
    http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...O8_FDstock.htm
    http://www.ktrperformance.com/galler...03/simon_l.htm
    http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...2_WRX_VF30.htm
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by ramair18954
    i was dead even with a ls1 ram air(mods lid,catback),- from a 40-120 roll and that on a stg4 vf22 map.
    yeah, but the VF22 does a lot better up top than a VF34. What EM were you using.
    Just call me Clark Kent

utec, i dynoed at 313awhp and 332.3awtq at 20 psi with a port porlished vf22 and a tx/hyperflow vs1tmic.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.