would cobbstage two or VF34 (stage 2.5) run with... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on would cobbstage two or VF34 (stage 2.5) run with... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps Havent raced one stock as 2.5, but I raced a lightly modded sti (he says hes ...

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Havent raced one stock as 2.5, but I raced a lightly modded sti (he says hes a cobb stg 2 but hes kinda shady, and I figure a stage 2 would deffinatly pull on me) and we were dead even from a 40-80mph roll. We raced twice from a stop with him getting a little jump in 1st and then I would just hold at about his rear bumper, however we didnt really get to take any run past 75 or so, this was also with 2 extra passengers in both cars too...
    I've raced a stg II sti and i was able to stay with him 45 to 120, he would alway pull about 3/4 of a car right at the start, but then I would stay with him. with stage 2.5 you can pull a stock sti no problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ramair18954
    utec, i dynoed at 313awhp and 332.3awtq at 20 psi with a port porlished vf22 and a tx/hyperflow vs1tmic.
    lol, yeah. I would expect you to run with an LS1 and beat it. Huge difference between stageIV VF22 on Utec which makes 310whp+ or a stage2.5 VF34 with AP which makes about 260whp.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

im pretty much deadeven with stock c5 vettes from rolls.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

My buddy that has a Stage 2.5 ran a 13.5 at 107mph if that helps any. His 60' must not have been great because that trap speed is good for a low 13, high 12 second slip IMO. That's good enough to take a lot of cars out from a dig on the street.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    My buddy that has a Stage 2.5 ran a 13.5 at 107mph if that helps any. His 60' must not have been great because that trap speed is good for a low 13, high 12 second slip IMO. That's good enough to take a lot of cars out from a dig on the street.
    yeah, that trap speed indicated that he should have a considerably better 1/4mile time. I ran a 13.3 stageII @ 16psi but only trapped 100mph. With his trap speed he should be running into the 12's for sure.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, that trap speed indicated that he should have a considerably better 1/4mile time. I ran a 13.3 stageII @ 16psi but only trapped 100mph. With his trap speed he should be running into the 12's for sure.
    Yea, we've also been battling some intense heat and humidity around here (as I'm sure everyone else is). The heat index has regularly been in the 100s and the humidity is ridiculous - like walking out to your mailbox and pouring sweat ridiculous

So I'm sure his car will see much better times once he runs it in the fall (and gets that 60' time down).
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    lol, yeah. I would expect you to run with an LS1 and beat it. Huge difference between stageIV VF22 on Utec which makes 310whp+ or a stage2.5 VF34 with AP which makes about 260whp.
    Realy

the post are pretty accurat, imo. The thing is, from a did the vf34 vs stage2/stock turbo is bigger difference than a 60+ mph roll. ive put bus' on stage 2 from a low roll but on the highway, they are pretty close with a cobb 2.5 vf34 pulling very slowly. Soooo a nicely moded stage 2 rex will do almost as well as a vf34 equiped rex against the formentiond cars on the highway. Id still take an M3 tho or an rs4 when they come.

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Realy

the post are pretty accurat, imo. The thing is, from a did the vf34 vs stage2/stock turbo is bigger difference than a 60+ mph roll. ive put bus' on stage 2 from a low roll but on the highway, they are pretty close with a cobb 2.5 vf34 pulling very slowly. Soooo a nicely moded stage 2 rex will do almost as well as a vf34 equiped rex against the formentiond cars on the highway. Id still take an M3 tho or an rs4 when they come.
    theres a very big price difference between a m3,rs4 and a wrx/sti.

i guess what I am trying to accomplish is to out run from a stop and/or roll so of the bigger gear head cars and the few imports in my area. not having a place to tune it hurts severly, so i am pretty much stuck with a Cobb AP (maybe be able to get a protune with it down the road).

plans are perrin up and down pipes -- catless, borla hush, cobb AP and the VF34 a little down the road ...the up and downpipes should be on early next week, AP should be here this week, hush is already on.

im open to other thoughts on what I could do with limited access to tuning sources --nearest one is 3+ hours away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

3+ hours isn't that bad. I drive a little under that every weekend for skiing. For a trip to a tuner, it's a good excuse for a long, enjoyable ride, and just think of the before/after testing on the way home.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

yeah def- turboxs is about 3.5 hours from philly. def worth the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    i guess what I am trying to accomplish is to out run from a stop and/or roll so of the bigger gear head cars and the few imports in my area. not having a place to tune it hurts severly, so i am pretty much stuck with a Cobb AP (maybe be able to get a protune with it down the road).

plans are perrin up and down pipes -- catless, borla hush, cobb AP and the VF34 a little down the road ...the up and downpipes should be on early next week, AP should be here this week, hush is already on.

im open to other thoughts on what I could do with limited access to tuning sources --nearest one is 3+ hours away.
    Sounds like you have a good plan. I just added a helix tmic to my st 2.5 coob setup and it pulls a lot harder now in all gears, but especially top end. I noticed a gain with the perrin short ram too. Just some things to consider. The perrin pulley is nice too. It revs a lot easier and accelerates a little quicker. I would definitely spring for a big topmount though if you've got the cash for the cobb st 2.5. good luck. I can't wait to get it all protuned, but it will help on just the base map for sure.
    peace,
    Ryan
    13.2, 103mph w/ cobb st.2.5
    now at 280whp and 270tq tuned by Jorge at P+L Motorsports
    300whp 300 tq on 100 oct. tuned by Jorge again

I'm stage 2 with a few extras, and I raced an auto 2001 z28. We raced a few times. From a stop, I was able to hold him off until ~95-100. From a 40 roll (good for wrx powerband), we stayed dead even til about 105 when he began to pull. From a 55 roll, which sucks for a wrx, his car jumped out and i stayed at his rear bumper til 110. His car was stock with exhaust. I was pretty satisfied as I plan on going stage 2.5 soon and it was nice to see what my stage 2 could do.

^same here, sortof. 2001 ss camaro (realy nice but had to be stock) from a dig (im a.t. wrx) we were even (he broke loose only alittle) then by 100'ish he wus almost at my rear bumper, im my blindspot. So basicaly pretty even. I did have two bikes on top, one passenger and gear.

how would a stage 2.5 VF34 do against a stock Z06 ??

how about stage 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast