05 STI Vs 05 M3 ( 6Spd )
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 STI Vs 05 M3 ( 6Spd ) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup guys! Like the topic says, how dose the STI match up against a 05 M3? I know the STI ...

05 STI Vs 05 M3 ( 6Spd )

Sup guys! Like the topic says, how dose the STI match up against a 05 M3? I know the STI is almost half the cost of the M3 but they match up the STI against Ferraris, and porsche's, so why not a M3? The reason i brought this up is because im considering buying one of the two and was looking for your guy's opinion. I know the STI will get a lead from a dead stop cause of the AWD but im curious to find out how will the end result be? Considering both drivers are equal, and drive the cars to the limit?

Catagories?

1/4:
    Top Speed:
    0-60: (i belive the STI is 4.8-4.9, and the M3 is 4.8? not to sure anybody can clear this up?
    0-150, ( i chose 150 because thats what both cars are limited to,from what i know)

I used the search button but cannnot get sufficient information on these two cars paired up, and none of the big magazines testers have paired up these two beast so can anybody give me or us some insight on this topic? Sorry if its been posted before ill continute searching. Thanks ahead of time for those of you who help. Peace

Last edited by Tony_montana87; 07-31-2005 at 12:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

150 huh??

I met a guy the other day who works for a place near a place (eheem) who has a majorly modded STI (not a drag car) who says that it will do 170 . Not sure that this is BS or not but that is what I heard from him.

HBOT!! *hollerbackonetime* if you are wondering
    He who dies with the most toys, Wins!!

170 huh? What is the top speed on a STI with out the govenor? I read somewhere the M3 will top out at around 180-185 without the govenor, this was done with 2 passengers.....

stock, you'd be around 150-ish. nothing some mods cant do

Both are great cars. If you are looking to pay 60K+ for the performance you can get out of an STi for 30K, its all up to you bank account. I would go with the STi if your looking to do alot of modding. If your going to keep the cars pretty much stock, by the M3. Also you have to look into your climate? does it snow by you? The STi is going to be a better winter car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yes thats right if you want the convertible fully loaded, with the 19" rims, your looking at 64K. M3's are not cheap.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

STI vs. M3

Both are awesome cars and you can't go wrong with either! I'd personally go with the White/Bronze rims STI and put the extra cash in it.You will have some serious fun and look good at the same time with the STI
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

ya i know both cars are great, but i live in SoCal so the STI wont help me out in winter at all, except when i go up to the mountains. I probally wont be doing much heavy modding because of the warranty, either car i get will be new so i would like to keep the warranty. I was just curious as to how the STI matches up against the m3 in a performance perspective. So the STI's top speed is 150ish stock with out the govenor? Is it because of the drag?

It all depends on your money situation. If you have the money to get the M3 then by all means go with it. The STi is a steal for its price IMHO. It's all what you want/need that matters in the end.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

if you want a m3 for luxury and light modding its the car for you.

m3 is much quicker 0-150 but sti is quicker 1/4 mile. Sti is slower off a roll stock(well depending on what speeds you start gearing etc etc) stage 2 sti is quicker than m3 in everyway possible. Freeway race would probably be close.

If you want just performance than go for sti, if you want luxury and performance go for m3. Like the guy said, lightly modded m3 with some exterior mods can be fun too. Sti performance wise is much cheaper and easier to mod. Just depends on what you want.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...ID1=169&ID2=12

sorry for double post but i hope that helps. Btw sti can do better than 13.35 stock
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

If you have the money, go with the M3. The STi is an awesome performance car for the money, but it lacks so many things that the M3 offers.. but.. YOU PAY FOR IT! If your only concern is performance then go with the STi. Not only is it more aggressive, but it is much easier to mod. If you want "the whole package" go with the M3 due to its amazing ability to incorporate handling, acceleration, power, topspeed, refinement, luxury, etc...

It seems you just want a nice car that will perform well without mods and keep the factory warranty. In this case I say go for the M3, that is what I would do atleast. Do not rape your bank account just to get an M3, but if you CAN afford it, then do it.

Otherwise, for the M3 cost you could pick up a couple of car. Possibly a G35c and 04' STi.. which would run you just over $60k which is right about where the M3 sits.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

If can afford to get a $60,000 car then get a STi and an EVO, lol.

D'oh, didn't read the post above me but yeah, you can get two cars for the price of one.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar
    a friend of mine has an 02 M3, and he showed me a chip that allows the M3 to reach speeds of 201mph, i havent experenced it but thats what it said.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast