05 STI Vs 05 M3 ( 6Spd ) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 05 STI Vs 05 M3 ( 6Spd ) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Tony_montana87 thanks for yoru post, i have actually driving a 04 Convertable M3, stick, it was one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_montana87
    thanks for yoru post, i have actually driving a 04 Convertable M3, stick, it was one hell of a drive and i loved every secound of it. I have not yet gotten a chance to drive a STI. The dealer said only the purchaser of the car can drive the STI because it is just a special edition car that is not mass produced, witch makes sense, they dont want to put miles on a car like that. But illl be heading back to the dealer to get the credit report done, and mabye they will let me take it for a spin.

That is such bullsh!t. See, that is what I hate about Subaru so much. Here you are, an Adult male coming in wanting to test drive a vehicle and they basically tell you that you have to buy the car first
    Subaru will never get the idea of "the customer first". I can understand they dont want random people driving the car beating the hell out of it, but "limited edition".. come on. Its a $30,000 upgraded econo car.. its not a freaking Ferrari.
    But yeah, now that my rant is over.. Try driving the STi and also try and get around to test driving an M3 coupe. It is very similar to the convert. but weighs a considerable amount less and from what I hear is quite a bit quicker feeling.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If I were u I'll wait till the 07 M3" comes-out -V8,400hp .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdd
    If I were u I'll wait till the 07 M3" comes-out -V8,400hp .
    And how much? $80,000.00?

I personally am glad dealers do not let folks test drive an STi. I'd prefer a car that hasn't been "tested" prior to it's break in date. I made sure to be at the dealer when I got mine, so I could see it being driven off the truck. Yeah...it's a 30K econobox, but it kills a lot of so called supercars. Besides, a new STi is quite a bit different from many other cars when you first drive it. The stearing is quick, the throttle is quick, and the brakes are pretty stout. Not to say a competant driver couldn't immediately feel comfortable in it, but it's reputation has been established with mainly the GT-Xbox crowd...and would you want them driving your car before you bought it? If you deny a younger person even though they have the credit and finances, you have to deny an older person too...otherwise it's discrimination...and we all know how lawsuit happy this country is. Just find a used one and test drive it. It'll be a bit faster anyway since it's broken in.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

$80K....um no!

Everyone is different, but, how could you even think about an STi if you can afford an M3. Not even comparable, have you driven an 05 M3 ? Try the SMG, you will never regret it. I

Honestly, I use to like the M3, never drove one so I wasnt sure exactly how it felt, I drive my dads M5 on occasion and love it. Then about 2 months ago my brother sold his 02WRX for an 05 SMG M3 silver on black with the 19's. ............ We traded cars a week ago for the day, and it was amazing. The status, the luxury, sporty, amazing.....I didnt want to get out, my girlfriend loves it.......its just a totally different class of car !

I Support ClubWRX
    [QUOTE=converted]$80K....um no!

QUOTE]

Um...yeah. The quote was referencing the 2007 model. Considering how much M3s have blown up in pricing the last few years, I'm willing to say it will be very close if not more than 80K...fully optioned.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

yeah...i understand and NO!

How is it going to be 80K with the M5 being about 85K.

My brothers was fully loaded and came in just above 60K. There not goina raise it 20K come on, are you serious.

Did you get the M3 yet?

If not, get off your ass and go buy it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by converted
    yeah...i understand and NO!

How is it going to be 80K with the M5 being about 85K.

My brothers was fully loaded and came in just above 60K. There not goina raise it 20K come on, are you serious.
    03---45K top of the line
    04--52 K top of the line
    05--60 K top of the line

Increase of 15K in 3 years.
    So I guess I was off by about 10K. OK.....70K for the 2007, although I'm pretty sure I already saw 70-77K tossed around for the 06 V8 model, so I still think it will come in around 80K. Call me wrong if you wish, but only time will tell. Nice ride, but not my cup of tea. I'd buy a Legacy for everyday driving and an STi for the track and still have enough left over to mod both comfortably. OK...I'm OT and I know it. Apologies. So has it been purchased yet?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

theres no need to have a pissing match, but um......

Base price since 03 has been 46K coupe, and about 53K for the convertible. Even today the base price is 47K and about 54K for the convertible.

So what are you saying.......yes the top of line may be higher today as opposed to 03, but there are a few reasons for that, let me show ya....

competition package....4K.....available for the 1st time this year
    19" wheels.....2K...... not available in 03.

No trying to argue, just prove a point. The 03 started at 45K, top of the line sure wasnt 45....that would make the base price high 30's....no
    05's still start at 47K today. there has been a slight price increase as with any car.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2005/bmw/...BMW*&x=84&y=26

the E90 will be more of course......come on a new awesome V8 and the new SMGIII

But least you forget, it will still wear the 3series badge......so it will have trouble exceeding 60K. I would wager to say about 5K more tops......so a baseline of about 50-54K.

M3 would get you way more chicks. There is always something to be said for german cars, especially bmw's inline-6, considered by many to be one of the best engines ever built. If I had the cash, i woulda bought an m3 4 sure.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

Man, if I had the cash for a brand new M3, which as we all know is a horrible finanial decision (any new car is), then I'd get a used Skyline from Motorex in a second. Way freaking rarer than an M3, super easy to mod, big horsepower and great handling are no problems to get, plus they have pretty fancy interiors too. Not all that luxurious, but very high tech. Enough so that anyone that got into it would be able to instantly tell it's not a high performance econo box.

Just my $0.02, but if you have the funds and willingness to afford one of the best cars of all time, then why not? Plus, you wouldn't have to wait around before modding it.
    -ORW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

Oh sht, please don't sig that.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd buy a V8 M3 if they made it in an "X" type in a heartbeat. That is probably the one thing that keeps me from them. I won't own a car you need to park in the winter...or should I say I'm not rich enough for that.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123