Wagon vs EVO and Turbo Sunfire

This is a discussion on Wagon vs EVO and Turbo Sunfire within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Both friends of mine and we did some fun runs tonights. Mods on cars: WRX - Borla header, sti up-pipe, ...

Wagon vs EVO and Turbo Sunfire

Both friends of mine and we did some fun runs tonights. Mods on cars:

WRX - Borla header, sti up-pipe, stromung 3" turbo back with 2 high flow cats, K&N drop in filter and cobb accessport stage 2 flash

EVO - Upgraded FMIC, twin disc clutch, headbolts, 272 cams, Buschur 3" turbo back exhaust with 1 cat and a MBC set at 19psi I think

Sunfire - 2.2 ecotec with forged rods and pistons, hahn stage 2 turbo kit (FMIC and 16g turbo), open downpipe, MBC set at about 12psi....stock clutch, axles, etc

45ish roll on the freeway up to about 100 they got right about 2 car lenghts on me. The Sunfire was having some boost creep because of the open downpipe and was overboosting a little too much for the injectors which was making it misfire and run lean a little but still pulled me pretty good. With some bigger injectors at that same psi I figure he would have gotten 4-5 cars on me, we'll find out soon.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turbo sunfire? Interesting
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yeah, that sunfire is no joke. He said when we raced he was hitting about 19psi which is almost double what the injectors can handle safely. With the exhaust all hooked up and him running 12psi he pulls about the same as he did tonight. Some bigger injectors and 15-16 psi should be 300whp or so I figure.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon
    Yeah, that sunfire is no joke. He said when we raced he was hitting about 19psi which is almost double what the injectors can handle safely. With the exhaust all hooked up and him running 12psi he pulls about the same as he did tonight. Some bigger injectors and 15-16 psi should be 300whp or so I figure.

Jason

Did you have the same name on neons.org? Is that 98 an R/T with a hahn kit?

I do have the same name on neons.org but the neon has a Chill Factory kit on it along with a 2.4 liter engine swap.

Jason