C230 Vs. WRX

This is a discussion on C230 Vs. WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend just got a 2002 Mercedes C230 sports coupe. Now he seems to think that he'd kill my 05' ...

C230 Vs. WRX

My friend just got a 2002 Mercedes C230 sports coupe. Now he seems to think that he'd kill my 05' WRX. Statistically the WRX should be quicker but I've been wrong before so tell me what you think.

Who would win stock 02' Mercedes C230 Sports Coupe or basically stock 05 WRX
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    My friend just got a 2002 Mercedes C230 sports coupe. Now he seems to think that he'd kill my 05' WRX. Statistically the WRX should be quicker but I've been wrong before so tell me what you think.

Who would win stock 02' Mercedes C230 Sports Coupe or basically stock 05 WRX

Race him from a stop and you should be fine.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

If you're both stock, you shouldnt have too much of a problem with him. From a stop it should be no contest if you can drive at all, from a roll you should pull on him still. Those C230 sport coupes are not terribly fast, I think mid-high 15's traping around 90mph. They weigh more than a WRX, and have less whp, so from a stop or a roll you "should" be able to take him pretty easily, as long as you can drive. He's probably not goin to be too far behind if you are stock though. I looked at tthose cars back when they came out in 02, ended up buying an RSX-S instead, they just didnt seem as performance oriented to me, still a very nice car though.

Anything can happen however, I saw a guy at the track yesterday in a bug-eye wrx that could not run better than a 15.2, and I saw him run a number of 15.6-15.8 passes My worst time EVER, when I was bone stock was a 15.2, and I misshsifted 2nd gear that run. My average stock times were 14.3-14.6 so it just goes to show anything can happen, and that applies even more on the street.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Alright thanks for the info. And the C230 is automatic too forgot to mention that before.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps

Anything can happen however, I saw a guy at the track yesterday in a bug-eye wrx that could not run better than a 15.2, and I saw him run a number of 15.6-15.8 passes My worst time EVER, when I was bone stock was a 15.2, and I misshsifted 2nd gear that run. My average stock times were 14.3-14.6 so it just goes to show anything can happen, and that applies even more on the street.

yup, that was me the other day. don't be confused, i just suck and it was my first (and second) time. i also can't launch for the life of me (2.5s 60ft). after that experience, i've officially stopped magazine racing. it's always gonna be about the driver.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

if you can even remotely drive, its in the bag
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    yup, that was me the other day. don't be confused, i just suck and it was my first (and second) time. i also can't launch for the life of me (2.5s 60ft). after that experience, i've officially stopped magazine racing. it's always gonna be about the driver.
    Well I wasnt in NJ, it was at NYIRP in leicaster (not sure about spelling) NY, so only if you were all the way up there... I talked to one guy that said he was just driving the car (said it was a friends or something) and gave him a few pointers, but it didnt seem to help him a whole lot. You just need some practice basically, 2.5 60's are aweful for almost any car, but the WRX can be a hard one to launch at first, especially if you've never tried launching awd before. One of my friends ran 16's the first time he ever took his car to the track, he seems to be able to a launch ok now (on the street) but hasnt ever been to the tracks since. Just keep in mind that roughly every 10th you take off your 60' will almost get you 2 tenths in the ET (usually, just kind of a rule of thumb you can use), so try getting that down to around a 1.9-2.0 at least if you can. Stock I could get 1.9's pretty easy but much faster than that is very hard utill you're modded, or really want to kill your drivetrain.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Well I wasnt in NJ, it was at NYIRP in leicaster (not sure about spelling) NY, so only if you were all the way up there... I talked to one guy that said he was just driving the car (said it was a friends or something) and gave him a few pointers, but it didnt seem to help him a whole lot. You just need some practice basically, 2.5 60's are aweful for almost any car, but the WRX can be a hard one to launch at first, especially if you've never tried launching awd before. One of my friends ran 16's the first time he ever took his car to the track, he seems to be able to a launch ok now (on the street) but hasnt ever been to the tracks since. Just keep in mind that roughly every 10th you take off your 60' will almost get you 2 tenths in the ET (usually, just kind of a rule of thumb you can use), so try getting that down to around a 1.9-2.0 at least if you can. Stock I could get 1.9's pretty easy but much faster than that is very hard utill you're modded, or really want to kill your drivetrain.

all good points. like i said earlier, even *one* track experience has taught me never to talk shiz again about any car again. a good driver in a stock C230 would've ripped me apart yesterday, and supposedly the WRX is so much faster. another example: i used to think nothing of Mustang's, even the new ones, until a Fox Body gang raped me with his 13.0 time. made me look like i wasn't hitting boost.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    all good points. like i said earlier, even *one* track experience has taught me never to talk shiz again about any car again. a good driver in a stock C230 would've ripped me apart yesterday, and supposedly the WRX is so much faster. another example: i used to think nothing of Mustang's, even the new ones, until a Fox Body gang raped me with his 13.0 time. made me look like i wasn't hitting boost.
    When your talking about real cars out in the real world, it tends to work for me to just not talk smack at all. I find you rarely know exactly what you're up against, I've smoked many cars that "claimed" to be really fast and just plain werent, cars that supposedly ran 11's and 12's, and good driver or not they were not even clsoe. Usually I find the people that talk the most have the least to back it up...

BTW a fox-body mustang hitting 13.0 is deffinatly not close to stock. They're good for high 14's to low 15's stock, but they mod INCREDIBLY easy. The mustang aftermarket is huge, you can just about sneeze at the car and its faster than hell....so you should always be careful with mustangs, just like DSM's and Subarus...stock 'most' of them arent tooo fast, but alot of them are very commonly nowhere near stock, and some you can barely tell...
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 08-01-2005 at 01:41 PM.