STI vs G35

This is a discussion on STI vs G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was going to my friends house last night for some poker/hookah and i had to fill up at a ...

STI vs G35

i was going to my friends house last night for some poker/hookah and i had to fill up at a local gas station. Some guy in a g35c kept looking at my car with his buddy and laughing. I just played it off, now they take off from the gas station losing traction acting stupid etc etc. Guy had an exhaust on his car sounded really nice actually (car was nice...driver stupid) So he leaves and a minute after im done filling up so i leave with a full tank. I go out and guess what, his still at the lgiht making a left,some suv behind him than me. So i make the left and go around the suv and run out 2nd just so he can see me there. I get behind him doing about 60-65. Around my street theres a 2 lane road which is always empty at night. So i follow him in 4th gear, i hear his exhaust get extremely loud as he downshifts into high rpm's, idk what gear he was in but he took off, i got on it in 4th proceeded to get around him and waved goodbye as i passed by. Idk how much i pulled exactly but it was pretty bad. I slowed down to 45 and wait in 3rd gear, he gets close to me and i hear is exhaust again he passes by i gun it reel him in and proceed to walk him. This happened a couple of more times till we finally caught a light together. I looked over at him but he didnt look back, his friends shocked expression was funny tho. I revved at him a couple of times but i guess he didnt wanna look like a civic from a light, Oh well, sometimes i just gotta beat these guys so they can not be so damn cocky, pissed me off the most when he starts doing stupid SH1t at a gas station full of people, not 2 mention everything at the gas station that can blow up.

mods helix downpipe to stock catback, cobb stage 2 reflash.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice.. ... ... hold on... ... it'll come to me.... ... .. .oh yeah! kill! nice kill!! that's it!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Nice kill, I hate when people have to be all cocky and stupid about their cars all the time, especially when, like you said, their spinning their tires in a loaded parking lot, thats just plain immature. I usually find that the dumbest cockiest people are 8 out of 10 times the ones that know nothing about cars and just dont know when to shut up.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Lol, nice kill. For some reason alot of the G35 owners that I run into seem to act the same. Take that back, alot of G35 Coupe owners that I run into.
    I have made a couple of them cry in my XT.

the G35c are real nice cars...i would pick one before i ever got a 350z....their exhaust are really nice expecially at high rpm
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    mods helix downpipe to stock catback, cobb stage 2 reflash.
    So you how do you find Cobb stage 2? I'm thinking of doing that next year sometime (was going to do it this year but I'm buying a new home...so wife said no. ) Is it a dramatic difference from stock?

It must make a big difference because those G35s, while not quite as fast as the STi from a roll, certainly aren't slouches.

Funny side story:

I did something similar to a guy on a sport bike from a light. It was about 1am and I was coming back from dropping off some movies. On my way back, two guys, one on a cruiser the other on a sport bike, were revving like crazy behind some Civic. They proceeded to run up to this guys ass, rev, then fall back. I was beside the Civic while they were pestering him and felt a bit sorry for him. After about 2 red lights, the Civic had fallen in behind me, letting the bikes get beside me by the 3rd red light. So these two guys are sitting there at the light revving like crazy. This went on for about 20 seconds, at which point I had enough. Now, I know the STi is nowhere near as fast as a sport bike (or even a really good cruiser) but I figured these guys wouldn't be expecting a car to be this quick off the line.

Sure enough, as I revved it up to 5k, the guy on the sport bike looked over, shouts something to his cruiser-buddy, then revs even higher. As the light changed, I did a quick-slip and got the best launch I've ever had (and I don't launch very often...usually only at autox.) My tires squealed for a second and the car just rocketed across the intersection (but extremely smooth...weird feeling actually...to move so quickly from a stop but so smoothly lol.) Next thing I know I'm about 3 cars ahead by the end of 1st, about 4-5 cars by then end of 2nd, and about 6 - 6 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd, where I shut it down. His buddy on the cruiser was waaaaaay back there. I wish I could have seen the look on the guy's face when the "shopping cart" just got up and blasted off the line. I'm not sure what brand of bike it was, but it said 600 something-something on the rear seat. Might have been an older Suzuki Bandit...

I rarely if ever do **** like that but the constant revving/tailgating the Civic and then revving for 20 seconds at the light got to me.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I agree...he didnt expect you to launch that hard off the line...AWD does wonders from a stand still.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    So you how do you find Cobb stage 2? I'm thinking of doing that next year sometime (was going to do it this year but I'm buying a new home...so wife said no. ) Is it a dramatic difference from stock?

It must make a big difference because those G35s, while not quite as fast as the STi from a roll, certainly aren't slouches.

Funny side story:

I did something similar to a guy on a sport bike from a light. It was about 1am and I was coming back from dropping off some movies. On my way back, two guys, one on a cruiser the other on a sport bike, were revving like crazy behind some Civic. They proceeded to run up to this guys ass, rev, then fall back. I was beside the Civic while they were pestering him and felt a bit sorry for him. After about 2 red lights, the Civic had fallen in behind me, letting the bikes get beside me by the 3rd red light. So these two guys are sitting there at the light revving like crazy. This went on for about 20 seconds, at which point I had enough. Now, I know the STi is nowhere near as fast as a sport bike (or even a really good cruiser) but I figured these guys wouldn't be expecting a car to be this quick off the line.

Sure enough, as I revved it up to 5k, the guy on the sport bike looked over, shouts something to his cruiser-buddy, then revs even higher. As the light changed, I did a quick-slip and got the best launch I've ever had (and I don't launch very often...usually only at autox.) My tires squealed for a second and the car just rocketed across the intersection (but extremely smooth...weird feeling actually...to move so quickly from a stop but so smoothly lol.) Next thing I know I'm about 3 cars ahead by the end of 1st, about 4-5 cars by then end of 2nd, and about 6 - 6 1/2 cars by the end of 3rd, where I shut it down. His buddy on the cruiser was waaaaaay back there. I wish I could have seen the look on the guy's face when the "shopping cart" just got up and blasted off the line. I'm not sure what brand of bike it was, but it said 600 something-something on the rear seat. Might have been an older Suzuki Bandit...

I rarely if ever do **** like that but the constant revving/tailgating the Civic and then revving for 20 seconds at the light got to me.

sometimes annoying morons like that just get it out of you. I wont lie, given a nice opportunity i will street race. I wont look for it, i have mutual respect for other sports cars. My favorite expirience was on another thread with some e46 m3, they were so friendly and everything just went well.

btw cobb stage 2 sti without a catback is no slouch, the low end torque is just awesome, notice i was in 4th at like 60 and he didnt even get a jump (him probably being in 3rd), i just went around him. I love my low end torque, car feels great in every gear, i also shift at 6500 so i can land in a nicer spot rather than 7k. I remember the top end did feel much better with a catback when i had my wrx. I really dont want all the sound always so i almost ordered an electronic cutout but all the leaking horror stories scare me. Cobb stage 2 with stock catback is a good investment imo.

nice kill Allen.

You should have flashed your hazard after passing him
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thanks, the car itself i like, driver i didnt, that thing sounded awesome with exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    thanks, the car itself i like, driver i didnt, that thing sounded awesome with exhaust.
    yes, they do kickass. How I wish I had one
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.