1.8t vs. wrx -cheater-
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1.8t vs. wrx -cheater- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I went to try and run a wrx a couple of times the other night and he would always puch ...

1.8t vs. wrx -cheater-

I went to try and run a wrx a couple of times the other night and he would always puch it right before I could get along side of him. The final time we hit a U turn that when from one lane into 2 and I was behind him. I go to pull up next to him thinking that he wanted to play, so why not run side by side. By the time I was about a car length behind him, he slams on the gas and I follow.

I managed to pull up to the rear of his drivers side door by the time I hit 120. We slowed down then because lights on the side of the road, which turned out to be a pickup. He was modified with atleast some parts of an exhaust and a BOV and I have 2 friends in the car.

not bad for him having a whole car length head start.

The wrx guys I know all suck...they won't ever run from a roll or anything like that. Of course they're going to jump on me from a stop if they know how to launch, and they might even pull ahead depending on what mods they have....but NONE of them ever want to go from a roll...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ill run ya from a roll.....
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    I suck.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    The wrx guys I know all suck...they won't ever run from a roll or anything like that. Of course they're going to jump on me from a stop if they know how to launch, and they might even pull ahead depending on what mods they have....but NONE of them ever want to go from a roll...

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Real racing starts at a stop. Sorry he didnt want to run a Jetta. I wouldnt either. Not worth the gas or the jail time.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Why wouldn't they want to run from a roll??? You have 200hp, it would be a drivers race. Depending on the start speed you would have an advantage cause of the quick spool of your turbo, but other than that you are pretty evenly matched to a stock rex.
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

Quote Originally Posted by GIDDYupREX
    Why wouldn't they want to run from a roll??? You have 200hp, it would be a drivers race. Depending on the start speed you would have an advantage cause of the quick spool of your turbo, but other than that you are pretty evenly matched to a stock rex.
    180HP at the crank*** WRX would destroy a 1.8T.

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT
    Real racing starts at a stop. Sorry he didnt want to run a Jetta. I wouldnt either. Not worth the gas or the jail time.
    LMAO , please dont be a fawkn idiot on this forum. 1.8t and a stock wrx off a roll is a nice race. I dont mind racing from a roll, its fun actually. Btw 180hp wrx would have about 145-150whp vs a 180 hp jetta with about 165 whp. I dont think you'd compete very well. You seriously shouldnt talk smack about sh!t you dont know. 1.8t is a very potent engine. Stage 2 rex vs a 1.8t gti or jetta gli with reflash exhaust intake diverter valve would be a pretty damn good race off a roll.

i seriously fawkn hate ignorance wow

yzfw, id run u from a roll anytime if you were around here, with my sti or stage 2 rex. Bunch of my friends have vw's. I'm used to racing from a roll, plus i think its more of a challenge than spanking cars from a stop.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Its a Jetta w/ 165whp? that does 0-60 in 7.8sec. Thats not going to touch a WRX.

u dont know anything about the damn car. gti's are low 15 second cars. 20ae gti with better gearing is 14.9-15.1 car and they both trap about the same as a stock wrx. Jetta 1.8t with 180hp is heavier than a gti so it will lose from a roll, the vw jetta gli's have 6speed and better gearing and will do pretty well against a stock wrx. I know because my friend owns one and stock against my brothers 05 also stock on the freeway, my brother pulled a car. My friend had a 20ae gti and off a roll, stock on stock, depending on what speed we started at was a drivers race.

now back to the most idiotic statement u made 180hp wrx will beat a 180 hp jetta LMAO, thats almost like saying a 2.5rs (165hp) will beat a 1.8t jetta. 180hp crank awd wrx would be in the jettas rearview off a roll and they would probably be side by side off a stop. I'd really love you try to break 1.9-2.0 60ft times with about 50hp less. If you've ever launched a wrx before, than a modded wrx, than a sti you would understand. Stock wrx's barely spins if spinning at all and is difficult getting a nice launch, one little mistake you bog like no 2morrow. Stage 2 wrx is simple to launch, a lot more hp/torque and slipping clutch right is EASY 1.8's. Lets not talk about sti launching, i've never ever had a bad launch with sti. worst 60ft time i ever had with sti was 1.9 at a drag strip because i launched too high and it spun way too much. I underestimated it i guess. You go try to launch a 180hp wrx, in fact if your car is stock, turn on your AC and launch your car and let me know what happens please, you'll bog like no 2morrow. Stop commenting back, you have no clue what your talking about.

You already stated that the Jetta is heavy and would lose to a WRX. "Jetta 1.8t with 180hp is heavier than a gti so it will lose from a roll." So whats your argument?

Stock WRX vs Stock Jetta 1.8T = "will lose from a roll."

Stock WRX would kill it in the 1/4mi from a stop thanks to the AWD launch. I dont see what the argument is, You already agreed with me.

When did i say anything about a 180HP WRX vs 180HP Jetta? I said 180HP at the crank*** to correct the guy who said they have 200hp. I didnt mean 180HP WRX would kill it.

I dont know why your getting upset. I said i wouldnt want to waste my gas on a stock Jetta.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 07-27-2005 at 07:08 PM.

i misunderstood that part about 180hp wrx but either way, you still have no clue. 1.8t with a frew mods can be a high 13 second car.

according to car and driver...1.8t gti in 2002 does 1/4 mile at 15.3 @94mph 0-60 in 6.5 seconds..now that trap is about the same as wrx so off a roll good luck.

you know how many jetta's out there that will make you look stupid on the road???just with chip if you race them off a roll. If you race them off a stop and you make 1 mistake, decent fwd driver with a chipped jetta will be next to you. Dont go around saying your car is a waste of gas, next time your fawking around with a vette or anything above you even an srt4, i hope some C0cky bastard tells you your a waste of gas. You drive a 4door turbo, they drive a 4 door turbo car. You dont drive a ferrari, these days the way people mod cars, you never really know whats a waste of gas.

and if you dont like racing off a roll, well your just afraid of losing a couple of races.

btw if the wrx punched it first than this guy was slowly reeling him in up to 120, with your superior wrx, how the hell is his jetta stock? logic

I was talking about a stock Jetta 1.8T, he never said he had mods. He came here talking about how he wanted to race some kid, and how no one wants to race from a roll.

I was talking about stock the whole time. I wouldnt want to waste gas on a stock Jetta which you just said does a 1/4 in the 15's.

I wasnt putting down Jetta's. I used to want a Jetta Wolfsburg (150hp model), and one of my best friends has a flashed 2004 Jetta GLI 6spd.

I also said that real racing is from a stop. Which is sorta true. not many races start from a roll besides like Nascar, maybe some IRL/Cart? I'll race from a roll for the fun of it. Im not one to not take a race. As long as its safe even if they could obviously kill me.

Maybe the kid was letting off, since it was 120mph? My old RSX could go 132mph, but that doesnt mean i could hunt down a WRX.

I really didnt mean to start an argument.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 07-27-2005 at 07:38 PM.

Heh, oops...thought I had a signature.

I have about 190-200whp, more on the side of about 190 and 240-250 ft/lbs tq. I'll have dyno's to back this up in about a week or two. Just going on a friend who has a similar setup as me.

There's no way I could have started about one car length behind a wrx and caught up to the back edge of his drivers side door (front one) from 45mph-120mph if I was stock and he was modded (how ever much, I don't know...)

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    Heh, oops...thought I had a signature.

I have about 190-200whp, more on the side of about 190 and 240-250 ft/lbs tq. I'll have dyno's to back this up in about a week or two. Just going on a friend who has a similar setup as me.

There's no way I could have started about one car length behind a wrx and caught up to the back edge of his drivers side door (front one) from 45mph-120mph if I was stock and he was modded (how ever much, I don't know...)
    Not saying you guys suck, just all of the 3-4 wrx guys I've met so far...they act more like srt4 owners around where I live...And one guy it an "I'll race you after I get some more work done" type of guy.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast