1.8t vs. wrx -cheater- - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 1.8t vs. wrx -cheater- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how much power are you guys putting down to the wheels with stage1 and stage2? I'm being a skeptic here, ...

how much power are you guys putting down to the wheels with stage1 and stage2?

I'm being a skeptic here, but unless you're putting down over 220 or so awhp, there's not way you could pull like that. That or you're running against people who like to only use 1st, 3rd, and 5th.

because most "good" chips allow about 190whp and 250ft/lbs tq. That doesn't seem like much in the horse power department, but that's a good amount of torque.

edit: That's why I want to run a wrx from a roll that has a couple of mods, to see if he beats me or not and to find out about how much power it's putting down for those mods. My car likes to move past 80. From 80-120 it seems to get up and go, probably becaust that's where the power band is in 5th.

But like my first post said, I pulled about 1 1/2 car lengths on the wrx that had atleast part of an exhaust and a BOV(+40gazillion hp) from 30ish to 120 and he got the jump on acceleration.
    Last edited by YZFWV; 08-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is the thread that never ends, it goes on and on my friends.....

European Domestics roxorz > European imports

OMFGIHFGNorz!!!1!11!1!1!!!

220awhp on a stage2 standard basemap is not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    220awhp on a stage2 standard basemap is not uncommon.
    ok. 220awhp is good, and I'm assuming it's around 220ft/lbs tq as well. But that shouldn't be pulling on a car with 250 ft/lbs of tq from a roll. If anything they should be close to even or the winner should only be winning by a hair.

beats me...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    ok. 220awhp is good, and I'm assuming it's around 220ft/lbs tq as well. But that shouldn't be pulling on a car with 250 ft/lbs of tq from a roll. If anything they should be close to even or the winner should only be winning by a hair.

beats me...
    It's hard to guess these things. HP/TQ isn't the only thing to factor. Weight, gear ratios, aerodynamics, rolling resistance, driver talent, etc...etc..etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It's hard to guess these things. HP/TQ isn't the only thing to factor. Weight, gear ratios, aerodynamics, rolling resistance, driver talent, etc...etc..etc..
    right. The jetta weighs 2900ish lbs wrx is what, 3100ish. They're both almost similar weights The jetta seems like it's geared better for higher speeds from every thing I've experienced, but I could be wrong (Yes I've driven wrx's) And the only big deciding factor other than that would have to be driver talent, because the aerodynamics and resistance can't be that much apart.

And everyone knows it's doesn't exactly take skill to mash the gas pedal and shift the gears. Who knows...maybe I'll met a stage II rex owner that'll run me from a roll one day...

edit: Atleast we're all faster than most hondas will ever be.

I Support ClubWRX

And everyone knows it's doesn't exactly take skill to mash the gas pedal and shift the gears. Who knows...maybe I'll met a stage II rex owner that'll run me from a roll one day...

Driver skill does play a part in racing from a roll. I've seen alot of people screw it up. Do you drag the brake while building boost? Are you in the correct gear? Are you short shifting it? Are you waiting to long to shift? Are you shifting too slow and losing boost? That's why two people taking the same car down the same drag strip with the same launch can get different trap speeds.

Oh, and thank god on the Honda thing

right. The jetta weighs 2900ish lbs wrx is what, 3100ish. They're both almost similar weights The jetta seems like it's geared better for higher speeds from every thing I've experienced, but I could be wrong (Yes I've driven wrx's) And the only big deciding factor other than that would have to be driver talent, because the aerodynamics and resistance can't be that much apart.

thats way too little for a jetta to weigh, are you sure about the weight?? cause if its like that, than how much does a gti weigh? (it should be less since its a hatcback right?

and i told you before, i'll say it again, before i was a stage 2 when i just had mbc and downpipe with my 03 wrx i raced a 03gti with chip downpipe intake and i took him off a roll. When i was stage 2(well minus reflash +mbc) i raced a gli with revo reflash intake from a roll on the freeway. We went 45mph with both of us in 3rd gear. I pulled on him so hard he thought i downshifted to second. My brother with a downpipe on stock boost raced my friends gli with downpipe catback intake diverter valve and revo reflash and he either loses by a car if they start from slower speeds, is head to head or pulls a fender when they start from his advantage. Stage 2 wrx would for sure take my friends gli. Now i'll never actually know cause he got pulled over and cops took pics of his exhaust/downpipe and he had to go to a chp station. Everything is off the car now, all he has is intake and reflash.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456