1.8t vs. wrx -cheater- - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 1.8t vs. wrx -cheater- within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys....a VW driver comes on here with a post and we end up 'eating our own'....what happend to the WRX ...

Guys....a VW driver comes on here with a post and we end up 'eating our own'....what happend to the WRX brotherhood?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Race from a
    Last edited by Integra96; 01-15-2006 at 06:14 PM.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

nah, id rather go from a
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    actually they should extend the track to a mile and see how long it takes for the AWD cars to make it to the end

but there's all kinds of ways to fix traction if you really want to get into it.

i defended you when someon made no sense, now maybe you should stop saying dumb sh!T.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i defended you when someon made no sense, now maybe you should stop saying dumb sh!T.
    it was a joke. ha ha...funny...see the smily with the tongue sticking out and the **** eating grin on it's face?

and for every one else that's getting all up in arms about it. Damn, I pulled on a wrx, that had atleast an exhaust and a BOV, from one car length behind to the middle of his car with a modded jetta. Not so hard to believe eh? Seeing as I probably had a small hp advantage and a HUGE tq advantage (well...somewhere in the the rev range....) I sure there's a lot of wrx's out there that would probably leave me a behind from a 30mph roll. A friend of mine had a 430whp gti. I'm sure that would probably pull on a stage II wrx, even from a stop (if he was running slicks or something). It's possible for other cars to be faster...believe it or not...
    Last edited by YZFWV; 07-28-2005 at 06:17 PM.

do you know anything about pipe cleaners?

i hear they're fast from a roll

http://www.tryagain.com/toknow/validesr.htm
    Last edited by cyrilgrey; 07-28-2005 at 06:40 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Screw racing from a dig. Screw racing from a roll. Racing in reverse is where it's at!
    LOL!!! OMG that's funny!!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I'll race them from a stop. I really don't care if I win or lose.
    I think losing is great, for other people. I hate it but haven't lost since i switched out the vf11.

it was a joke. ha ha...funny...see the smily with the tongue sticking out and the **** eating grin on it's face?

and for every one else that's getting all up in arms about it. Damn, I pulled on a wrx, that had atleast an exhaust and a BOV, from one car length behind to the middle of his car with a modded jetta. Not so hard to believe eh? Seeing as I probably had a small hp advantage and a HUGE tq advantage (well...somewhere in the the rev range....) I sure there's a lot of wrx's out there that would probably leave me a behind from a 30mph roll. A friend of mine had a 430whp gti. I'm sure that would probably pull on a stage II wrx, even from a stop (if he was running slicks or something). It's possible for other cars to be faster...believe it or not...

from the sounds of it you pulled on a rex with a catback and a bov and thats it. If he was catless u were done from roll or launch.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

ZZZ, wow this was a waste reading all that. Who cares if the wrx owner was a wanker? They have plenty of idiots out there who do that sort of thing, I was in my Sti once on the highway and this guy in a firebird would keep accelrating every time I got near. He refused to go even so I just laughed and kept driving with my 3 passengers. NO BIG DEAL! As far as racing from a roll, dig and/or reverse, who cares what ever the situation is you accept it or just keep going on your way. There are no prizes involved, and no one's rep is going to be hurt. Just be safe and try not to take things so seriously.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

I was running mid to low 14s with my '02 GTI 1.8T. My only mod was an APR chip which was good for 215hp/245tq at the crank.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

teh 1.8t is maxed out at about 200 WHP on the stock turbo (k03) ??? how much do 1.8 t jettas weigh?

I raced a GTI that had TBE, chip, diviter valve, cai. I was stage 2 no cats, from 40-100mph I pulled 3-4 cars on him.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    teh 1.8t is maxed out at about 200 WHP on the stock turbo (k03) ??? how much do 1.8 t jettas weigh?
    depending on whether its in a jetta/gti of A4/B5 the little k03 sport can make around 210-220+ chipped and dipped with the transverse motors having a hard time cracking into the 200's easily.
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Screw racing from a dig. Screw racing from a roll. Racing in reverse is where it's at!
    +1...so who wants to run backwards....dig/roll whatever you want

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast