03 WRX vs. Nissan SpecV - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 WRX vs. Nissan SpecV within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Aren't their gears really low and close? Bad for highway if so. I still think you'd get him either way, ...

Aren't their gears really low and close? Bad for highway if so. I still think you'd get him either way, if you were five speed you'd be a LOT better off tho..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I will definately keep you all posted on the results. With my Cobb my boost kicks in a little faster which helps the low end a bit more than before. It can hit as early as 2500 rpms and usually holds through all the gears. It definately feels strong with the EMS so I figure that will help my top end out. I dont know if being an auto has anything to do with it holding the boost well as I dont have any experience with a 5 spd. WRX but I figure with an uppipe downpipe combo and stg. 2 I should have a descent chance. I guess there is only one way to find out!
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

Well it looks like one of my SpecV buddys wants to race the WRX as well now. He was an 04 with I/H/E/S'AFCII and I'm currently stock ( just bought my rex 15 days ago). He obviously doesn't want to go from a stop, so it's going to be from a 40 roll. I thinking it's going to be fun to see happens.

if you just got your car 15 days ago i would def wait untill you reach ur breakin
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    if you just got your car 15 days ago i would def wait untill you reach ur breakin
    Of course.

I'm currently at 680 miles, so it will be in about 2 weeks plus an oil change before I run him.

Thanks for caring WRXcelration

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWRX
    Well it looks like one of my SpecV buddys wants to race the WRX as well now. He was an 04 with I/H/E/S'AFCII and I'm currently stock ( just bought my rex 15 days ago). He obviously doesn't want to go from a stop, so it's going to be from a 40 roll. I thinking it's going to be fun to see happens.
    from a 40mph roll to lets just say...... 100mph. I would put my money on the sentra.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    from a 40mph roll to lets just say...... 100mph. I would put my money on the sentra.
    Yup from a roll you're probably going to lose. With I/H/E/SAFC he's probably putting down 160 or so whp, more torque and weighs 500lbs less. Add in the 6 speed for better gear selection when starting from a roll and you've got yourself a formidable contender.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12