06 Z06 - More STI Competition - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Z06 - More STI Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; but of course a 400-500whp STi would hang with the vette if not pass it up on accel. Top Speed ...

but of course a 400-500whp STi would hang with the vette if not pass it up on accel. Top Speed and 1/4 mile is a different story i think any supercar will hand the STi his ass in top speed races. Mostly cuz the close gear ratio and the can't really pass 150.

I would assume with a good driver a 450whp STi would do around mid 11's in the 1/4 That should be able to hang with the vette if not pass it up or get passed up. A 500whp STi is a different story im pretty sure a 500whp STi would take a vette. But still these cars are 2 different categories and its just not a fair comparison. The vette is prob 50k while the STi is a 32k car. I mean you do get what you pay for. It would take a STi with some extensive mods to bring it into that category.

that is really an unfair comparison, 7.0l v8 vs. 2.5l h4 turbo. lol thats like comparing king kongs balls to mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    but of course a 400-500whp STi would hang with the vette if not pass it up on accel. Top Speed and 1/4 mile is a different story i think any supercar will hand the STi his ass in top speed races. Mostly cuz the close gear ratio and the can't really pass 150.

I would assume with a good driver a 450whp STi would do around mid 11's in the 1/4 That should be able to hang with the vette if not pass it up or get passed up. A 500whp STi is a different story im pretty sure a 500whp STi would take a vette. But still these cars are 2 different categories and its just not a fair comparison. The vette is prob 50k while the STi is a 32k car. I mean you do get what you pay for. It would take a STi with some extensive mods to bring it into that category.

that is really an unfair comparison, 7.0l v8 vs. 2.5l h4 turbo. lol thats like comparing king kongs balls to mine.

the vette has been selling for around 90k (the c6 z06) marked up
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

wow then it is in a whole nother class. it'd take like 10-20k of mods on an STi to prob bring it up to that performance. like 5k for a sturdier block, a great turbo kit capable of supporting 500whp for 5k and the supporting mods required for most likely 5k as well, a new tranny with slightly longer gear ratios would make the performance much better.

wow then it is in a whole nother class. it'd take like 10-20k of mods on an STi to prob bring it up to that performance. like 5k for a sturdier block, a great turbo kit capable of supporting 500whp for 5k and the supporting mods required for most likely 5k as well, a new tranny with slightly longer gear ratios would make the performance much better.
    and then another $5k so it brakes as well as the Z06, then another $5k so you can handle as well as the Z06, etc....etc....

And in the end you have a $55k-$60k STi that is terribly unrelible while the Vette is 100% reliable and warrantied and all he needs is a 50shot or some exhaust bolt on's to walk your ass all over again.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I love subies and all but honestly you'll have to spend a lot more than 5K on brakes and 5K on suspension to get an STi to handle like a Z06. Some cars are just built with better suspension geometry and thats not something you can just fix with a set of coilovers. Another thing is the difference between the Z06's 500hp and the STi's 500+hp. The vette's powerband is broad and expansive and wherever you are in it you have the juice to pull you out of a corner. With a 500+hp STi you won't be making the goods until the upper third of the RPM range.

I'll take a 500hp STi anyday but if I had to choose between the '06 Z06 and a 500hp STi (free of course), I'd take the vette everytime.

Guy came into my work Wednesday to re-fi his loan with me on the car he just bought. He put 20k down and financed 70k, his payments woulda been 1300 bucks a month. He got a 06' burnt orange/red z06. He said by next year they will be over 100k or asking that is. His is gonna sit under a bubble pretty much, fun way to spend 90k

Don-
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    WOW, you are calling me a liar and you don't even know me. Well, I got beat, by a z06 and I ran a 11.2.
    easy bud . i just don't think it is possible,and i am not calling you a liar.you are right i do not know you.got a slip of the run?

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    the vette has been selling for around 90k (the c6 z06) marked up
    90K?? Where is this? I went down to a local stealership that has one in stock.....sticker price on the window was $76,900<-----which in it self is a 10K markup. i don't think dealer would be able to get away with a 30k markup, especially since this is not a limited production car, GM will build as many that are ordered.....and more!
    Stock or something close to it.....

Just did a quick little search.....

Window Sticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    O'CONNOR CHEVROLET, INC.
    3850 W HENRIETTA RD
    ROCHESTER, NY 14623-3791
    Phone: (585) 359-1300
    Fax: (585) 359-16492006 Corvette Z06 Coupe
    7.0 LITER SFI V8 - 505 HP
    6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    Black, Exterior
    BLACK INTERIOR TRIM
    VIN: 1G1YY26E765107576
    MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE
    $65,000.00 STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE
    Options installed by Manufacturer
    FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
    NO CHARGE TIRE REAR P325/30ZR19 BW
    NO CHARGE Z06 POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
    $ 1,295.00 FRONT TIRE - P275/35ZR18
    NO CHARGE 2LZ PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP
    UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
    MEMORY PACKAGE
    AUTO DIMMING ISRV MIRROR
    W/COMPASS & DRIVER OSRV MIRROR
    HEATED SEATS
    RDS AM/FM STEREO W/6-DISC IN
    DASH CD W/MP3 PLAYBACK, BOSE
    PREMIUM 7 SPEAKER SYSTEM
    XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE
    FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
    (REPLACES STD/OPT/PKG RADIO)
    PWR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL
    AIR BAGS, FRONTAL & SIDE
    IMPACT, DRIVER & PASSENGER
    LUGGAGE SHADE & PARCEL NET
    $ 2,900.00 REAR AXLE 3.42 RATIO
    NO CHARGE AM/FM CD WITH DVD NAVIGATION,
    INCLUDES TWO FREE MAP UPDATES
    (REPLACES 6-DISC IN DASH CD
    W/SINGLE DISC CD)
    $ 1,600.00 $5,795.00 TOTAL OPTIONS
    $70,795.00 TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS
    $800.00 DESTINATION CHARGE
    $71,595.00 TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STANDARD EQUIPMENT
    Items Featured Below are included at NO EXTRA CHARGE in the Standard Vehicle Price Shown at Right
    ***MECHANICAL***
    LS7 7.0 LITER 505HP ENGINE DRY SUMP OIL SYSTEM
    6-SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    ACTIVE HANDLING
    TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM
    4 WHL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION
    POWER SPEED SENSITIVE RACK AND PINION STEERING
    LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL
    ALUMINUM 10 SPOKE WHEELS
    EXTENDED MOBILITY TIRES W/ TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM
    OIL LIFE MONITORING SYSTEM
    OIL, TRANS & AXLE COOLERS
    ALUMINUM FRAME STRUCTURE
    DUAL MODE 3 INCH EXHAUST
    ***SAFETY & SECURITY***
    DRIVER/FRONT PASS. AIRBAGS
    KEYLESS ACCESS WITH PUSH BUTTON START
    THEFT DETERRENT SYS & ALARM
    POWER 4-WHEEL ANTI-LOCK DISC 6PISTON FRT 4PISTON RR BRAKES
    ***EXTERIOR***
    POWER HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS
    CARBON FIBER FENDERS
    HID XENON HEADLAMPS
    FOG & DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS
    ***INTERIOR***
    AM/FM STEREO CD W/RDS & MP3
    DUAL ZONE, ELECTRONIC A/C
    DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER
    CRUISE CONTROL WITH RESUME
    INTERMITTENT WIPER SYSTEM
    LEATHER SEATING SURFACES
    6 WAY POWER DRIVER SEAT
    TILT LEATHER WRAP STNG WHEEL
    POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS
    ELEC. REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER
    REMOTE HATCH & FUEL DR RLSE
    HEAD-UP DISPLAY

I don't understand where you guys are getting 90-100K prices from???

^^^^^^^^^

If you would have tried to by an EVO or WRX when they first came out you'd know exactly what he was talking about. It's called dealer markup and its perfectly legal. Its all about supply and demand.

KG

Quote Originally Posted by HoSlappa
    ^^^^^^^^^

If you would have tried to by an EVO or WRX when they first came out you'd know exactly what he was talking about. It's called dealer markup and its perfectly legal. Its all about supply and demand. I saw Mitsu dealer tacking on 6K to the price of EVO's when they first cam out so I don't think double that or more is out of the question for a 70K supercar.

KG

Quote Originally Posted by HoSlappa
    ^^^^^^^^^

If you would have tried to by an EVO or WRX when they first came out you'd know exactly what he was talking about. It's called dealer markup and its perfectly legal. Its all about supply and demand.

KG
    Uhhh....thats my point, there is an UNLIMITED supply of Z06s, since it is not a limited production car, GM WILL build as many cars as people order, and then they will build extras.

Don't forget the EVO was limited, because Mitsu announced how many they were going to import, therefor giving stealerships the right to mark up prices. Hell even the GTO had crazy markups because GM set a # on how many they would import----except it backfired on the dealers because they jacked the price so high that average people wouldn't consider paying over 40K for a GTO.

Would a 500 WHP STi really even pull a Z06? They are dynoing around 450 at the wheels stock. I have not done any math, but the w/p is probably really close even with 500WHP since I believe the Z06 weighs less. And I am certain that the Z06 would pull past the 1/4-1/3 of a mile due to the aeros and the little difference in weight to power.

Lets drop the price argument, it is pretty irrelevant and impossible to determine. I live in NJ and my friend's father is buying a Z06...in Kentucky since there is a guy there selling it for no markup, and since this guy advertises on corvette forums and ls1tech, a lot of people are getting Z06's from him.
    04 Silver STi M6

there are a few 500whp Sti's running 10 sec 1/4's. If i'm not mistaken z06's run low to mid 11's? I guess with a 500whp Sti and a zo6 it'd just all be about driver.

there are a few 500whp Sti's running 10 sec 1/4's. If i'm not mistaken z06's run low to mid 11's? I guess with a 500whp Sti and a zo6 it'd just all be about driver.
    Yes, to both claims, but I was asking whether the STi could win past the 1/4 or from a roll (with the STi's turbo spooled up) with 500 AWHP.
    04 Silver STi M6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.