06 Z06 - More STI Competition - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Z06 - More STI Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 11.6 was the best time i have seen for the new z06,and that is with jonny pro driver. either way ...

11.6 was the best time i have seen for the new z06,and that is with jonny pro driver. either way i think it will be a blast. as of right now i have beat newer z06's from a roll but eventually topend is a sore spot for us wrx guys.i will tape it either way. if worst comes to worst i can bump his car at the start,and i would win for sure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

11.6 was the best time i have seen for the new z06,and that is with jonny pro driver. either way i think it will be a blast. as of right now i have beat newer z06's from a roll but eventually topend is a sore spot for us wrx guys.i will tape it either way. if worst comes to worst i can bump his car at the start,and i would win for sure i should say though they are wicked cars,and i would take one in a heartbeat

...and I bet it's got a better stock stereo too. But we can carry more grocery bags and have rear safety child door locks. and can the z06 claim a 12v outlet in the cargo area?

HELLS NO, THEY HAVE NO CARGO AREA.

owned
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    ...and I bet it's got a better stock stereo too. But we can carry more grocery bags and have rear safety child door locks. and can the z06 claim a 12v outlet in the cargo area?

owned

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    But we can carry more grocery bags and have rear safety child door locks. and can the z06 claim a 12v outlet in the cargo area?

owned
    You also have two more doors, therefore, Grocery Getter WRX > C6 Z06 hands down!

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    after my new monster TURBO install 100 octane and alky injection . i am going to run one. i lay odds i stand a good chance. no juice either. when this happens i will have a vid to post up. upgrading this weekend,and tuning on the 3rd. so it might have to wait till next year. shooting for 400+ at the wheels

Git'er Done. I want graphs, 1/4 timeslips, and then I want you to drive you ass out to the west coast and give me a ride around the block.

I found a shop around the way out here that'll be doing my swap for me soon but I still don't have an idea what turbo I'm going to go with. I think for now I'm going to go with something like a slowboy GT12 bolt on and if I'm not feeling it swap it out for something bigger. All I know for now though is I need to get that engine in ASAMFP.

after my new monster TURBO install 100 octane and alky injection . i am going to run one. i lay odds i stand a good chance. no juice either. when this happens i will have a vid to post up. upgrading this weekend,and tuning on the 3rd. so it might have to wait till next year. shooting for 400+ at the wheels
    what shortblock are you running? I hope u don't plan on hitting 400+whp on the usdm ej205.

if so, it may last a couple pulls on the dyno, then after =

11.6 was the best time i have seen for the new z06,and that is with jonny pro driver. either way i think it will be a blast. as of right now i have beat newer z06's from a roll but eventually topend is a sore spot for us wrx guys.i will tape it either way. if worst comes to worst i can bump his car at the start,and i would win for sure
    I have a low 11 sec Buick GN, and I got beat by a stock 06 Z06 at the track. He ran a 10.99 @ 127 to my 11.2 @ 125. Yes he was all stock.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I have a low 11 sec Buick GN, and I got beat by a stock 06 Z06 at the track. He ran a 10.99 @ 127 to my 11.2 @ 125. Yes he was all stock.
    Did that Z06 run with street radials or DRs?

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Did that Z06 run with street radials or DRs?
    DR's, that darn thing was real fast. That car is amazing. I wish I had the cash for one. Some dealers in the area are asking 100k for them. I also ran a CL 65 with some mods that ran a 11.2 @ 130.

Mods:

Rebuild with TRW pistons, TE-62, ported iron heads with stock valves, Comp Cams 214/214 roller, CAS V4 intercooler, Tomka Cold Air Induction, 72# injectors, ATR double pumper, Max Effort 16-pos thumbwheel, TH 3" downpipe, ATR 2.5" exhaust, 9.5" Vigilante, DelTrans 200R4, Eaton posi, Moser 28 spline axles.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-23-2005 at 08:37 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

04 Silver STi M6

don't over look the fact that it also has a special kind of oil pump, because it can pull 1.3 g's in a corner!!!! and they have a pump so that the car can maintain oil pressure.... that thing is a freaking road course monster as well....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    if this is true he is the best driver in the world. i don't think it is possible.

if this is true he is the best driver in the world. i don't think it is possible.
    Magazines are getting 11.5@127 on the stock tires and you don't think it's possible with DRs?? Thats alot of sticky tire tuching the ground at all times...stock tires on a Z are 335/40/19 in the rear...figure with a set of 17"or 18" DRs with that much rubber that car is going to MOVE! Alot less rotating mass when you drop the 19" rims.
    Stock or something close to it.....

WOW, you are calling me a liar and you don't even know me. Well, I got beat, by a z06 and I ran a 11.2.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.