06 Z06 - More STI Competition - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Z06 - More STI Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrx wagone 2.5L vs. 7.0L! 4.5L is quite a bit of deficit to make up for no ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    2.5L vs. 7.0L! 4.5L is quite a bit of deficit to make up for no matter how much boost you get.
    Twin charging Helps a ton, still not 7 litres.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Enzo Ferrari.......check
    Porshe carrera GT....check
    Corvette c6 ZO6.....check

Just another day in the life of an STI

A little of topic but I went with my buddy to go get his F-150 Lightning(Sweetest truck I have ever seen!!) dynoed at Sublime motorsports here in Omaha and saw a 2005 M3 turbo throw down 416 at the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    The AMS Evo would own it. Sorry I had to.
    Man that would be an awesome race....
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    +1
    I was just reading the newest motortrend and the c6 z06 rolled off the second best time for a production street car ever around the Nurburgring nordschleife! Second only to the Carrera GT! I don't think there are too many STI's around that are gonna catch one of these...

that car is just so fcking incredible for how much its costs.

I would totally pick one up if I had the cash. I dont know tough, it would be tough between that or an E55 AMG
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    that car is just so fcking incredible for how much its costs.

I would totally pick one up if I had the cash. I dont know tough, it would be tough between that or an E55 AMG
    IDK man, Mercedes is going downhill to me, what with all those automatics. I'll stick to my mountain bike.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    not making an argument that any daily driveable sti will ever be able to compete performance wise with a z06. But 18g deadbolt or not is way too small for the 2.5, I learned that the hard way. Lets talk about gt35r's when it comes to sti but anyway, if you ever have a stock internals sti that will keep up with a c6 z06, it will probably blow up not much long after.
    Your wish has come true there, check out kingpin performance, they offer a bolt on GT35R turbo kit for $3,800 capable of 500whp. They also have a $1,250 FMIC designed to work with the kit. check out http://www.kingpinperformance.com/ if you havent seen it yet.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Your wish has come true there, check out kingpin performance, they offer a bolt on GT35R turbo kit for $3,800 capable of 500whp. They also have a $1,250 FMIC designed to work with the kit. check out http://www.kingpinperformance.com/ if you havent seen it yet.
    yeah its capable of 600whp on race gas with an agressive tune, i dont think the ej25 can handle it with stock internals. I had money saved up for it but i decided it wouldnt be very practical for daily driving. Plus i know the engine would eventually go. I ended up paying off school loans instead so i can finish with zero owed instead. For sure the gt35r kit will take the c6 z06 straight line but the daily driveable part doesnt work, atleast for me.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Well... The good news is that there might not be much more you can do to the new z06 mod wise..... Of course this is all speculation.
    Actually, there are number of things that can be done to improve the performance. Things like better bigger cam, pulley, full exhaust, better air induction system, P/P TB, and of course better tuning. Or, because of forged bottom end, FI would be great, along with some N2O.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yeah, from what I hear they are pretty max'd out as far as bolt on's go. I would not be suprised if people with header, exhaust, intake, etc.. were only picking up like 20whp... but then again, I would also not be suprised if the car took well to boost and made over 700whp reliably on stock trans and internals!!
    This car is emmisions legal and has 7.0 liters of engine. Taking that cats off alone has a chance to yeild close to 20 RWHP IMHO

While intake probably will not due much, tuning will always do wonders as this is a street car...that is emmisions legal. I am betting a full exhaust with tuning will yeild closer to 75 RWHP than 20 with all the bolt-ons.

I just don't see those manifolds as being great for exhaust flow while long tubes simply will be. There is no way a full exhaust for this car would pick up less HP than one for an engine with over a liter smaller.

While most of the bottom end is good for the car, I am fairly certain that the Pistons are cast iron
    04 Silver STi M6

I said 6 years ago that push rods are dead. hehehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    This car is emmisions legal and has 7.0 liters of engine. Taking that cats off alone has a chance to yeild close to 20 RWHP IMHO

While intake probably will not due much, tuning will always do wonders as this is a street car...that is emmisions legal. I am betting a full exhaust with tuning will yeild closer to 75 RWHP than 20 with all the bolt-ons.

I just don't see those manifolds as being great for exhaust flow while long tubes simply will be. There is no way a full exhaust for this car would pick up less HP than one for an engine with over a liter smaller.

While most of the bottom end is good for the car, I am fairly certain that the Pistons are cast iron
    I thought they were using titanium connecting rods (like the viper). That doesn't make much sense to use go big there and put cast pistons in the best engine GM ever built. I'd be willing to lay down money and say those pistons are forged.

It uses light weight cast aluminum flat-top pistons.

after my new monster TURBO install 100 octane and alky injection . i am going to run one. i lay odds i stand a good chance. no juice either. when this happens i will have a vid to post up. upgrading this weekend,and tuning on the 3rd. so it might have to wait till next year. shooting for 400+ at the wheels

You'll probably need about 450-500 AWHP to take one down (from a roll). I believe your car will weigh more so it will probably need to make up some HP.
    04 Silver STi M6

The car does11.25 @ 125 in the quarter doesn't it? You are going to need your race gas map and be well over 400, probably 460+ to hang with it, if not more. If you go from a dig, hope that he can't hook and then you should beat him. But don't be to surprised if he flies by you when you are hitting 100 or a little more.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.