06 Z06 - More STI Competition - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Z06 - More STI Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow those look impressive. I still am not a fan of the "out of the box power". I would much ...

Wow those look impressive. I still am not a fan of the "out of the box power". I would much rather have a modded WRX or STi to run with a Z06. But thats just a preference. I do have to agree tho stock for stock = STi. But heavily modded. Theres some competition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    how many people keep their stis stock for long?
    And how many ppl are driving around w/ 500 hp STi's
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    And how many ppl are driving around w/ 500 hp STi's
    You think a 500hp STi will do the trick against one of these things?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Hey i've had my STi for like 4 months and it's still stock i think that's showing a great deal of will power on my part don't you haha

ok so maybe it's not COMPLETELY stock but it's close
    <----Yup that's ME!

"I hope you die today" - BUD/s Instructor to MIDN McIntyre

Cops: "Are you concidered human?"
    Bruce: "Negative I am a meat popcicle"

My Cars: http://www.rpi.edu/~hartls/

Quote Originally Posted by EJDown
    He is prolly just talking to those of us that have more than an intake and BOV. But it is def. in a whole other league than the STi, but cars arent confined to their respective classes, as Im sure I'll see an 06' Si capable of blowing my doors off here shortly.

you guys are joking right?

You must not know too much about the STi then. Even with a fully tuned deadbolt 18G and supporting mods the STi would not even come CLOSE to touching the C6 Z06. Not only is the Z06 making 500hp but it weighs a little less and has superior gearing. You would need one hell of an STi super car to pass this thing. At low 11's and 120mph+ traps you would need a sold high 10sec or very low 11sec STi to beat one of these. There are maybe 30 STi's around the country that have the power to even come close to running with one of these things in stock form.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well... The good news is that there might not be much more you can do to the new z06 mod wise..... Of course this is all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    Well... The good news is that there might not be much more you can do to the new z06 mod wise..... Of course this is all speculation.
    yeah, from what I hear they are pretty max'd out as far as bolt on's go. I would not be suprised if people with header, exhaust, intake, etc.. were only picking up like 20whp... but then again, I would also not be suprised if the car took well to boost and made over 700whp reliably on stock trans and internals!!
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    There are maybe 30 STi's around the country that have the power to even come close to running with one of these things in stock form.
    Exactly, and that's the important part...in stock form. The STi was never built to handle 475whp+ through its current drivetrain. The axles are too fragile; the 3 diffs might not be strong enough to hold that kind of power for 100k+. The tranny seems reliable but only time will tell how long it can handle lots of power. The engine, unless beefed up, probably won't last long at those power levels. The brakes aren't up to the additional power, etc. If given the choice between a C6 Z06 or a 475whp STi, I would gladly go with the Z06. Better handling and hell of a lot faster. Lets not even get into the potential for modding the LS7.

The only thing I would really miss with the STi, when compared to a Z06, is the AWD. I've really come to enjoy AWD and its amazing flexibility.

One thing I would change immediately on the Z06 would be the steering wheel. I'm not a big fan of massive steering wheels, and C6's looks pretty large.

I look at it this way. The STi is to mid-range sport sedans what the Z06 is to the exotics. You get one hell of a bang for the buck out of both cars. We can compete with and sometimes beat (handling, speed) cars $30k more than ours (330s, M3s, entry-level Porsches etc.) Z06s take on the big boys (Vipers, high-end Porsches, Ferraris etc.) The Z06 and the STi don't offer the refinement of their competition, but they certainly excel in all the various performance categories.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 07-28-2005 at 10:12 AM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

The AMS Evo would own it. Sorry I had to.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    The AMS Evo would own it. Sorry I had to.
    yeah. But throw some boost in that LS7 and its not even close.

Have you seen that vid of the twin turbo C5 Z06? That thing moved from 0-160 faster than my stageII rex goes from 0-80
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

you guys are joking right?

You must not know too much about the STi then. Even with a fully tuned deadbolt 18G and supporting mods the STi would not even come CLOSE to touching the C6 Z06. Not only is the Z06 making 500hp but it weighs a little less and has superior gearing. You would need one hell of an STi super car to pass this thing. At low 11's and 120mph+ traps you would need a sold high 10sec or very low 11sec STi to beat one of these. There are maybe 30 STi's around the country that have the power to even come close to running with one of these things in stock form.
    not making an argument that any daily driveable sti will ever be able to compete performance wise with a z06. But 18g deadbolt or not is way too small for the 2.5, I learned that the hard way. Lets talk about gt35r's when it comes to sti but anyway, if you ever have a stock internals sti that will keep up with a c6 z06, it will probably blow up not much long after.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I am sure it will only take a few days for the new Z06 to come out and we will start hearing stories of Stage 1 SRT-4's hanging with them.

2.5L vs. 7.0L! 4.5L is quite a bit of deficit to make up for no matter how much boost you get.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone
    2.5L vs. 7.0L! 4.5L is quite a bit of deficit to make up for no matter how much boost you get.
    +1
    I was just reading the newest motortrend and the c6 z06 rolled off the second best time for a production street car ever around the Nurburgring nordschleife! Second only to the Carrera GT! I don't think there are too many STI's around that are gonna catch one of these...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    I am sure it will only take a few days for the new Z06 to come out and we will start hearing stories of Stage 1 SRT-4's hanging with them.
    so true..... and a stage 2 will rip on them.....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast