srt4 vs wrx
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt4 vs wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; srt4 is actually faster than the wrx? always thought the wrx was faster... sorry if this is the wrong section ...

srt4 vs wrx

srt4 is actually faster than the wrx? always thought the wrx was faster... sorry if this is the wrong section to post in but oh well - im about to test drive both cars soon.. as of right now im leaning towards the WRX (got to lvoe awd)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its unbeatable......that all you need to know.

stock for stock, the SRT is faster, from a roll its murder, and in the 1/4 if he can drive it will still win

-nate
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

ask any srt4 owner. his car is the fastesttttttt car in the world

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    ask any srt4 owner. his car is the fastesttttttt car in the world
    its so true.

0-60 WRX is faster b/c of AWD.
    1/4 SRT-4 is faster b/c its got .4L more displacement, weighs less, and loses less HP to the wheels than AWD.

But if you want to race interiors, the WRX wins b/c it has power everything.

So if it snows by you, and you like to impress girls w/ power windows then get the WRX like the rest of us.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

yeah, im opting for the awd since winter sucks here in worcester

the srt-4 is a one trick ponny... itl go fast in a straight line ya, but can it rally? can it go on the beach? can it be fast on a circuit track? can it loose control on the freeway due to a tiney bit of overcorrection(yes and this is the only yes to any of the questions and its not a good thing)?
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    the srt-4 is a one trick ponny... itl go fast in a straight line ya, but can it rally? can its go on the beach? can it be fast on a circuit track? can it loose control on the freeway due to a tiney bit of under steer(yes and this is the only yes to any of the questions and its not a good thing)?
    you speak the truth, my man

SrT-four is Teh FasTARest cAr in Teh WOrld!!!!!1one1, juss get a MBC and BOV !1eleVen

sorry

(i actually like srt-4 to some extent...just not all the owners. and there ARE some cool owners out there..kurleedadee who posts here is one of them.)

the srt-4 is a one trick ponny... itl go fast in a straight line ya, but can it rally? can it go on the beach? can it be fast on a circuit track? can it loose control on the freeway due to a tiney bit of overcorrection(yes and this is the only yes to any of the questions and its not a good thing)?

that's dumb. Can it go on the beach. Of course it can go on the beach. BIKES go on the beach in daytona....

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    that's dumb. Can it go on the beach. Of course it can go on the beach. BIKES go on the beach in daytona....
    you have FWD you don't get it...

jk
    Evan
    MY12 WRX Limited hatch - stock, still in break-in
    MY10 Forester Limited
    SOLD - MY03 WRX - PSM; AP Stage 2+up-pipe

I think we can all agree that they are both comparable as far as speed, but speed aside what you're really choosing between is american vs. japanese. You gotta think about quality, style, and AWD. There's no sense in comparing which one is faster stock cause who's gonna drive it stock? I respect the srt-4, but I've honestly always categorized neons as cars that girls drive - like miatas and vw bugs. Speed you can work with - but there's only so much you can do with style. A neon is a neon.

Quote Originally Posted by igotboost
    A neon is a neon.

+1
    www.kiowapilots.com

Quote Originally Posted by igotboost
    I think we can all agree that they are both comparable as far as speed, but speed aside what you're really choosing between is american vs. japanese. You gotta think about quality, style, and AWD. There's no sense in comparing which one is faster stock cause who's gonna drive it stock? I respect the srt-4, but I've honestly always categorized neons as cars that girls drive - like miatas and vw bugs. Speed you can work with - but there's only so much you can do with style. A neon is a neon.
    that was like the best first post i have ever read.

well done.
    what?

thanks. this forum is awesome. i've got a lot to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by 02bug'n
    that was like the best first post i have ever read.

well done.

Look at some of the "One lap of America" standings, you'll see some SRT4's up near the top. Speaking from experience, I was EASILY pwn3d by the SRT team (yes, from the factory, at least some of them, they were working on the next staged kit). As a matter of fact, I stayed in the novice group because it would have been so bad. Coilovers + R-compound+more power+SRT4 = damn cheap racing machine. They were even out racing an Elise. Granted some of this was from driver skill, but not all.

Subaru, overweight, weak aluminum block, no forged pistons on this continent, crappy paint, weak transmission (sans STi), etc....

One trick poney? Lol

Get off your horse.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast