srt4 vs wrx - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on srt4 vs wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; figured i'm put my 2 cents in...oh so yea the srt4 will beat the wrx in a 1/4 mile...but i ...

my 2 cents

figured i'm put my 2 cents in...oh so yea the srt4 will beat the wrx in a 1/4 mile...but i bought my wrx because you don't see that many of them driving around (least in my area)...EVERYONE AND THEIR BROTHER OWNS A NEON!!....not everyone can afford a wrx but EVERYONE can afford a neon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I drive them both more than most (except the ones that have owned both) and I can say it's a tough call. This topic seems to bring out the worst in both sides. Stock for stock, it's a driver's race no matter what. You have a good driver in the WRX and a bad one in the SRT, even in a straight line, the SRT is going to lose. And from a personal opinion, stock for stock, the handling is not really that much different. Although driving the WRX in the rain does feel substantially safer!!!

This topic has been beat to death and I'm not too sure why. Ultimately, whatever you choose is what is better. Your the one that drives your car, noone else. So it really doesn't matter if the top drivers in the world ran the SRT .05 sec faster in the 1/4 mile, if you like the WRX better, then that's your choice!!!! You have to drive them separately to decide for yourself which one is better for YOU!!!! Compare the pros and cons for each car and decide based on your needs!!!

Both are great cars and niether will disappoint.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I drive both alot, i own a 02 WRX and my buddy has a stage1 srt that i drive all the time. Honestly id take the srt. The engine, tranny, clutch all feel/sound better, and the thing is quck as hell with basically no mods. And with a borla mufler-less exhaust its one of the meanest cars ive ever herd.

srt-4's dont come with mufflers......assuming you were talking about the srt4 and not the wrx

I just raced a stock 04 SRT-4 once hopefully some more tomorrow. I'm AP stage 2 up/downpipe and IC hoses. He got the jump by a car before I had time to react. I held even at that point until I let off at 80mph. I was impressed I could imagine how fast it would be modded.

This was from a 40mph roll.
    Last edited by bigwrxguy; 08-12-2005 at 08:28 PM.

heres what you all need to realize.

1. the SRT has weight advantages, and power to the ground advantages (after the launch of course and by that time, the WRX is losing power, because of 4 wheels having robbed the engine of it.

2. nobody will argue that teh WRX will take a SRT off the line. even with a good driver behind the SRT

3. I have never owned a neon, but i am turned off of american cars completely (excluding the new Vettes) they are all ****.

4. get a WRX and a SRT in snow, and see who wins there.

5. Its been said before, driver skill is important to factoring out the better car, but it doesnt take skill to go 120 down a straight strip.

I know that a SRT is faster than a WRX, my buddy has one, and its a bad ass car. but so is the WRX, and everyone in this forum will stand behind their WRX, because this is a WRX forum, but rest assured, that your preciouse SRT will have very less of a chance against a EVO8 or a STi, and even this 540 HP WRX that i know of.....

Quote Originally Posted by HiCkS
    we need to end this thread, for 1 simple fact almost everyone that owns a WRX could have gotten an SRT-4 we all know which one is more expiensive and what everyone chose, people have different values and opinions and needs (ex AWD). Besides lets compare apples to apples instead of oranges. There is no replacement for displacement a 2.4 with FI should beat a 2.0 FI with the same mods straight line, the neon should be compared to something near its liter range, perhaps a 2.5????

end of rant.....
    i agree, why dont you SRT guys compare the car to a STi? its .1 litre difference, surely you can accomidate for that with sheer driver skill, that i know you all have

Evo - Sti

Quote Originally Posted by semipro1337
    i agree, why dont you SRT guys compare the car to a STi? its .1 litre difference, surely you can accomidate for that with sheer driver skill, that i know you all have
    I do compare my car to them in everything, except handling. They're AWD and built with a good suspension, so of course they're gonna own FWD - RWD most of the time. I'm from Cali and it doesn't snow here, only rain, so AWD is not biggy here. My car has beat WRX's, EVO's and STI's at local Auto X's and Special track days at Button Willow. I have a nice suspension set up
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Their is a $10k difference between the two, so comparing to the WRX seems more appropriate. Besides, stock for stock, the STi is the superior car on all levels.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004
    Their is a $10k difference between the two, so comparing to the WRX seems more appropriate. Besides, stock for stock, the STi is the superior car on all levels.

just cuz the SRT is cheaper doesnt mean that it shouldnt compare to a car in its engine class. You can compare a Cobra Mustang to a Corvette, and the vette is more expensive (right?) but they are in the same class. and of course the vette is on top in performance and looks.

just cuz the SRT is cheaper doesnt mean that it shouldnt compare to a car in its engine class. You can compare a Cobra Mustang to a Corvette, and the vette is more expensive (right?) but they are in the same class. and of course the vette is on top in performance and looks.

The engine may be in the same class as the STi, but their isn't much else that is in the same class. Also, just because the engines are similar in size doesn't mean that they should be compared. Are you saying the Scion TC can be compared to the STi also?? The STi may only have .1 liters more, but it has a substantial amount of other things that give it the price tag. That is why I feel the WRX is more in the class of the SRT.

And IMO, the Cobra is not in the same class as the Vette, Even with FI, the Cobra couldn't beat the Vette. You get what you pay for!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Can't wait to see what the new 06 2.5L WRX does......

Quote Originally Posted by dan240
    Can't wait to see what the new 06 2.5L WRX does......
    Well sadly it's only rated about 10 or so more hp. The big thing is it's still a 2.5L block and with simple mods should jump in HP very well.

I agree compairing the SRT-4 and WRX is the way to go. They are both close in price and performance. Anything else is like compairing an EVO to a WRX.

Out of the box the SRT-4 has got the power advantage and it's cheaper to mod but the problem comes with the FWD. The more you mod the SRT-4 the less you can race from a dig. FWD just has it's limits and it seems the SRT-4 modded shows those limits.

In the end if you drop 10k into both cars the WRX is going to have the advantage, but then again who is dropping 10k into either?

Oh and for the record I forsee the new lightly modded 06 WRX smoking alot of SRT-4. And with the TR version coming out it's right in the same price range.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

This thread sucks ass.

Drive what you like, and who gives a damn if somebody else likes it, or not.

If you don't like a certain car, then don't buy it. Why the hell is everyone worried about what everyone else is making payments on? It's not your car note, so who cares?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345