srt4 vs wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on srt4 vs wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by igotboost I think we can all agree that they are both comparable as far as speed, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by igotboost
    I think we can all agree that they are both comparable as far as speed, but speed aside what you're really choosing between is american vs. japanese. You gotta think about quality, style, and AWD. There's no sense in comparing which one is faster stock cause who's gonna drive it stock? I respect the srt-4, but I've honestly always categorized neons as cars that girls drive - like miatas and vw bugs. Speed you can work with - but there's only so much you can do with style. A neon is a neon.
    heh heh...I wish I had a girl that drove a bug...well one with an awd swap and an r32 turbo engine transplant... :evil:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    Look at some of the "One lap of America" standings, you'll see some SRT4's up near the top. Speaking from experience, I was EASILY pwn3d by the SRT team (yes, from the factory, at least some of them, they were working on the next staged kit). As a matter of fact, I stayed in the novice group because it would have been so bad. Coilovers + R-compound+more power+SRT4 = damn cheap racing machine. They were even out racing an Elise. Granted some of this was from driver skill, but not all.

Subaru, overweight, weak aluminum block, no forged pistons on this continent, crappy paint, weak transmission (sans STi), etc....

One trick poney? Lol

Get off your horse.
    so your comparing a mopar upgraded professionally driven srt4 to your car?. (im assuming professionaly driven b/c you said SRT TEAM)

If we want equal pwer and professional drivers here, lets call up Solberg and the rest of the Suby team for a lil race. Im sure "Pinks" would do it.
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by roo21
    so your comparing a mopar upgraded professionally driven srt4 to your car?. (im assuming professionaly driven b/c you said SRT TEAM)

If we want equal pwer and professional drivers here, lets call up Solberg and the rest of the Suby team for a lil race. Im sure "Pinks" would do it.
    Gee, I dunno, might have been the team engineering the staged packages. I'm assuming Dev team as per what I typed "they were working on the next staged kit". Reading comprehension is such a rare skill around here.

They were enginerds logging engine metrics.

Yeah, call Solberg.

Ike
    Look at some of the "One lap of America" standings, you'll see some SRT4's up near the top. Speaking from experience, I was EASILY pwn3d by the SRT team (yes, from the factory, at least some of them, they were working on the next staged kit). As a matter of fact, I stayed in the novice group because it would have been so bad. Coilovers + R-compound+more power+SRT4 = damn cheap racing machine. They were even out racing an Elise. Granted some of this was from driver skill, but not all.

Subaru, overweight, weak aluminum block, no forged pistons on this continent, crappy paint, weak transmission (sans STi), etc....

One trick poney? Lol

Get off your horse.
    To add to this an SRT-4 also won its class in SCCA Pro Rally this past season...

Gee, I dunno, might have been the team engineering the staged packages. I'm assuming Dev team as per what I typed "they were working on the next staged kit". Reading comprehension is such a rare skill around here.

They were enginerds logging engine metrics.

Yeah, call Solberg.
    I read and comprehended everything you said. You think that just because I reiterated what you said before means I dont comprehend it?

If you hate your STI so much and love the srt4 why dont you go buy the neon, you already seem to have the attitude that goes with the car.

FWIW I was just joking about the whole situation of you getting your ass kicked at the races and that subaru should send their team to compete against them to redeem your bruised ego. Seems like you need to get off your high horse
    Cobb Stage 2

I read and comprehended everything you said. You think that just because I reiterated what you said before means I dont comprehend it?

If you hate your STI so much and love the srt4 why dont you go buy the neon, you already seem to have the attitude that goes with the car.

FWIW I was just joking about the whole situation of you getting your ass kicked at the races and that subaru should send their team to compete against them to redeem your bruised ego. Seems like you need to get off your high horse
    Wow, you rule.

Attitude? Really? No.. I'm just tired of the little piss-ants around here bashing cars they don't understand. Well, I guess thats an attitude of sorts.

Hate my STi, wow, reading comprehension, or should I refer to it as reading into what I type. Where did I ever put down my STi?

Love the neon? See the above mini paragraph.

A high horse is usually referred to when someone is unfairly looking down upon someone or something. I don't think I unfairly put you in your place now did I?

Wow, you rule.

Attitude? Really? No.. I'm just tired of the little piss-ants around here bashing cars they don't understand. Well, I guess thats an attitude of sorts.

Hate my STi, wow, reading comprehension, or should I refer to it as reading into what I type. Where did I ever put down my STi?

Love the neon? See the above mini paragraph.

A high horse is usually referred to when someone is unfairly looking down upon someone or something. I don't think I unfairly put you in your place now did I?
    I respect the srt4 and other cars like it. If you reread your posts of you complaining about your sti and how great the srt is, its easy to conceive the idea that you are on the verge of hating your car.
    I still think your on a high horse, even after that marvelous defintion you gave all of the members here. Your posts are extremely sarcastic and put down people in the forum.

Im finished w/ this thread, if you wish to discuss this further pm me.
    Cobb Stage 2

I respect the srt4 and other cars like it. If you reread your posts of you complaining about your sti and how great the srt is, its easy to conceive the idea that you are on the verge of hating your car.
    I still think your on a high horse, even after that marvelous defintion you gave all of the members here. Your posts are extremely sarcastic and put down people in the forum.

Im finished w/ this thread, if you wish to discuss this further pm me.
    lol

Impreza's

You guys act like your "Impreza's" are gorgeous looking, mean handling machines which they are not! A Stock WRX vs a Stock SRT-4 have just about the same handling, look at the slalom speeds, etc.

The WRX is Heavy and has a way soft suspension that causes alot of understeer! Just like you can add suspension parts, so can the SRT, giving the edge to the AWD. The SRT-4 won't be far behind though, this car HANDLES very well for FWD with a good suspension setup like the one I have

Straight line performance, bye bye WRX

So much hate on my Neon
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    You guys act like your "Impreza's" are gorgeous looking, mean handling machines which they are not! A Stock WRX vs a Stock SRT-4 have just about the same handling, look at the slalom speeds, etc.

The WRX is Heavy and has a way soft suspension that causes alot of understeer! Just like you can add suspension parts, so can the SRT, giving the edge to the AWD. The SRT-4 won't be far behind though, this car HANDLES very well for FWD with a good suspension setup like the one I have

Straight line performance, bye bye WRX

So much hate on my Neon
    0-60 you lose
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    0-60 you lose
    Do you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Do you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.
    perhaps he lives it where they don't race from a 50 punch?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    perhaps he lives it where they don't race from a 50 punch?
    Perhaps not.

I was just making a bad joke and a cheesy reference.

It is too bad, though, that he doesn't live where racing happens on a road course. Anyone can drive fast in straight line....from a stop light or on a highway. To me, that's not challenging.

I'm not trying to stir this up, but who cares if an SRT4 is .2 sec slower to 60 than a WRX? Or if a WRX has more weight and drive train loss?

Both of those cars rule, in their own way, and have their pros and cons. Both can be made to be effective drag or track cars. But what do I care? I'll get smoked by both on the street.

Oh so traction on the low end isn't something you need on a road course?

gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Perhaps not.

I was just making a bad joke and a cheesy reference.

It is too bad, though, that he doesn't live where racing happens on a road course. Anyone can drive fast in straight line....from a stop light or on a highway. To me, that's not challenging.

I'm not trying to stir this up, but who cares if an SRT4 is .2 sec slower to 60 than a WRX? Or if a WRX has more weight and drive train loss?

Both of those cars rule, in their own way, and have their pros and cons. Both can be made to be effective drag or track cars. But what do I care? I'll get smoked by both on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Oh so traction on the low end isn't something you need on a road course?

gotcha

Nice. There's this thing called Context. Then there's taking things Out Of Context.

BTW, where did I mention traction, AWD or low end grunt?

I made two statements. And one bad joke.

One, that these cars can be made to be competitive with each other at a drag strip OR a road course, since people were resorting to "0-60 you lose" types of statements.

Two, that street and drag racing, while fun, isn't challenging or particularly interesting (to me). That's basically point and shoot.

Incidentally, back to point 1, you and I both know that, just because one car is faster 0-60 doesn't necessarily means it wins in the quarter, etc.

I'm not some fanboy waving a flag for my car here. I don't street or drag race and I don't own either car.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that, like it or not, the SRT4 and the WRX play, competitively, in the same space. Each has it's own advantage(s).

I made no comments about the physics of either car, so please don't put words in my mouth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast