mazdaspeed protege? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on mazdaspeed protege? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If you look at the January Issue of SCC the Mazdaspeed posted the highest lateral grip (0.90g) and the fastest ...

If you look at the January Issue of SCC the Mazdaspeed posted the highest lateral grip (0.90g) and the fastest slalom speed (around 70-71mph) out of all the cars tested in that $20k comparison test (Nissan Spec V, VW 1.8T, Mini Cooper S, Dodge SRT4, Civic SI). That car is a handling machine for it's price!

MazSpeedPro,

Did the dealer have a markup on your car?
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No dealer markup. I got it for the sticker of $20,500. With no options. As for it beeing a handling machine, yes it is!
    Amazing, feeling. SCC created a list of the top 10 best handling cars, and the MSP was #8 after the BMW M3.

[QUOTE]Amazing, feeling. SCC created a list of the top 10 best handling cars, and the MSP was #8 after the BMW M3.[QUOTE]

Oh yah, actually last year the Mazda MP3 was compared with high exotics in Road and Track and held it's own in the handling department. And this year's Mazdaspeed is even more potent.

I had bought a used '91 Mazda 323 with 59k miles on it in 1996 as a winter beater car when I lived in Wisconsin. Sat outside ungaraged in subzero temps and never once let me down. I drove it on many 300-400mile trips back to Iowa during winter and it always made it. I will always like Mazdas.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Oh yea
    when I was up at Button Willow with my car the first time, there was also a blue MP3 . The instructor drove both our cars back to back , and was very impressed in the differences in handling, besides the power from the turbo of corse.
    -Stephanie-

How much attention do you get in that orange car?! I wish they had offered the Mazdaspeed in that sonic blue or yellow as well.

Oh yah, does that 450Watt stereo system kick or what?

I am still praying that Mazda will bring back the RX7. I will be first in line with a deposit
    2012 Black WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the Mazdaspeed! I owned an MP3 and want in the worse way to meet someone with a MSP that will let me drive it. I'm really curious about how different it is...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Well the Mazdaspeed will be offered in yellow for 2003.5.
    Let me explain..
    Mazda made a 2003 Mazdaspeed in Spicy Orange Micha
    and Black Micha

in 2003.5 they are making the Mazdaspeed in Yellow
    and Titanium Grey
    That will be the last run of them
    The 2003.5 has minor changes that I wont get into unless someone asks.

The orange dosent attract as much attention as one would assume, I was surprised myself, only a small gorup of people who acutually know what it is take the time to glance over at it.
    As for the radio, It sounds great. But I think before I picked up my car, someone at the dealership blew one of the speakers.
    -Stephanie-

Welcome to this side MazSpeedPro! You probably know me from the MSProtege.com site under the same name.
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3-Laser Mica Blue
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!
    [ACT Z66 -HDSS Clutch Kit] [Fidanza Flywheel] [Sparkco Ignition Wires] [FM Sequential BOV] [JIC-Magic 505 Sus Exhaust System] [B.E.G.I. Off-Road Downpipe] [J&S 2-channel Ultra Safeguard] [Pauter Forged Rods] [JE Forged Pistons] [Pierburg In-line Fuel Pump] [AWR Motor Mounts]
    Aesthetic Mods: [Street Glow Blue Neons - Gold Series] [APC Carbon Fiber Tail Lamps] [Mazdaspeed Shoulder Pads] [Shadow Tech Tint- Dark] [Passport 8500 (For the Lawz)] [Dual Gauge Pod (Tripple soon!)] [2 TFT Headrest TV's/ 1 TFT Visor Screen] [Blaupunkt DVD system]

-----------------------------------
    LinuxRacr@attbi.com

thank you, good to see you again
    -Stephanie-

Linuxracer., keep your eye out for a white 2003 Cobra in Arlington. One of the guys in my other WRX forum plans on buying one this weekend. You may have seen/heard him in his '02 WRB WRX. It's loud! I think he's keeping both cars. WRX as a daily driver and Cobra as a weekend dragster.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Originally posted by MazSpeedPro
    thank you, good to see you again
    You know, I just figured out who you are. lol!
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!
    [ACT Z66 -HDSS Clutch Kit] [Fidanza Flywheel] [Sparkco Ignition Wires] [FM Sequential BOV] [JIC-Magic 505 Sus Exhaust System] [B.E.G.I. Off-Road Downpipe] [J&S 2-channel Ultra Safeguard] [Pauter Forged Rods] [JE Forged Pistons] [Pierburg In-line Fuel Pump] [AWR Motor Mounts]
    Aesthetic Mods: [Street Glow Blue Neons - Gold Series] [APC Carbon Fiber Tail Lamps] [Mazdaspeed Shoulder Pads] [Shadow Tech Tint- Dark] [Passport 8500 (For the Lawz)] [Dual Gauge Pod (Tripple soon!)] [2 TFT Headrest TV's/ 1 TFT Visor Screen] [Blaupunkt DVD system]

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

Originally posted by 03WRX
    Linuxracer., keep your eye out for a white 2003 Cobra in Arlington. One of the guys in my other WRX forum plans on buying one this weekend. You may have seen/heard him in his '02 WRB WRX. It's loud! I think he's keeping both cars. WRX as a daily driver and Cobra as a weekend dragster.
    Will do. I will no doubt be seeing Taillights on a straight road.
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

As a former owner of the Spec V. That car was quick & fun but it had some issues: Bad 6-speed tranny with bad gearing, Torque-steer up the hole, & the QR25 motor is deemed a very fragile engine especially compared with the legandary SR20 for tuning purposes.

I'd take the mazadaspeed anyday, even though I luved the Spec V (not in the snow). Of course, I'd take the WRX over both of those cars in a heart beat! (which I did. I dreamt about owning a Rex for 2 years now. Funny thing is my fiancee ended up with it.)

BTW, I just transferred my insurance to my Rex. ITS CHEAPER THAN WHEN I WAS INSURING THE SPEC V!!!

Somthing odd I thought

I stopped by a Mazda dealership yesterday and asked about that car and they said they are not a "speed store". They said there are only certain dealerships who can even get the cars to sell! I thought that was a little odd but whatever.
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

I stopped by a Mazda dealership yesterday and asked about that car and they said they are not a "speed store". They said there are only certain dealerships who can

Yah, if you go to www.mazdausa.com and search for dealers in your area or whatever area, you'll notice some of them will be certified Mazdaspeed dealers and others are not. Kind of weird -huh? I guess the analogy would be like Ford/SVT dealers.
    2012 Black WRX Premium

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast