mazdaspeed protege? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on mazdaspeed protege? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i actually think that they are really cool lookin cars though. also, they seem like alot of car for the ...

i actually think that they are really cool lookin cars though. also, they seem like alot of car for the cash.
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

"Faith, its not something that I grasp, its something that I fake, as im slipping as im falling through the cracks. Faith, without actions is a mask,as im slipping as im falling through the cracks"
    -Thrice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by LagunaRex
    i raced one and killed it. i dont know whatthe guy was thinking.

the intercooler is the size of a post-it note.
    You raced a Mazdaspeed? Where are you at...Canada?
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3-Laser Mica Blue
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!
    [ACT Z66 -HDSS Clutch Kit] [Fidanza Flywheel] [Sparkco Ignition Wires] [FM Sequential BOV] [JIC-Magic 505 Sus Exhaust System] [B.E.G.I. Off-Road Downpipe] [J&S 2-channel Ultra Safeguard] [Pauter Forged Rods] [JE Forged Pistons] [Pierburg In-line Fuel Pump] [AWR Motor Mounts]
    Aesthetic Mods: [Street Glow Blue Neons - Gold Series] [APC Carbon Fiber Tail Lamps] [Mazdaspeed Shoulder Pads] [Shadow Tech Tint- Dark] [Passport 8500 (For the Lawz)] [Dual Gauge Pod (Tripple soon!)] [2 TFT Headrest TV's/ 1 TFT Visor Screen] [Blaupunkt DVD system]

-----------------------------------
    LinuxRacr@attbi.com

Unhappy

im in Santa clarita, California. it was the little turboed 170hp, protege5. maybe we are not thinking of the same car
    Last edited by LagunaRex; 12-05-2002 at 10:27 AM.
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

"Faith, its not something that I grasp, its something that I fake, as im slipping as im falling through the cracks. Faith, without actions is a mask,as im slipping as im falling through the cracks"
    -Thrice

im in Santa clarita, California. it was the little turboed 170hp, protege5. maybe we are not thinking of the same car
    With the Vishnu upgrades,and the other stuff you have well...YEAH! Of course you would beat him/her! How did you know it was turbo? And was it the one from Flyin Miata/BEGI (click the link in my sig)
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!
    [ACT Z66 -HDSS Clutch Kit] [Fidanza Flywheel] [Sparkco Ignition Wires] [FM Sequential BOV] [JIC-Magic 505 Sus Exhaust System] [B.E.G.I. Off-Road Downpipe] [J&S 2-channel Ultra Safeguard] [Pauter Forged Rods] [JE Forged Pistons] [Pierburg In-line Fuel Pump] [AWR Motor Mounts]
    Aesthetic Mods: [Street Glow Blue Neons - Gold Series] [APC Carbon Fiber Tail Lamps] [Mazdaspeed Shoulder Pads] [Shadow Tech Tint- Dark] [Passport 8500 (For the Lawz)] [Dual Gauge Pod (Tripple soon!)] [2 TFT Headrest TV's/ 1 TFT Visor Screen] [Blaupunkt DVD system]

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

when I raced him i only had a cat back. the reason i knew he had a turbo, because it was a protege5, and those cars have turbos.
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

-Thrice

when I raced him i only had a cat back. the reason i knew he had a turbo, because it was a protege5, and those cars have turbos.
    No they don't, not from the factory. I hope you were kidding?
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

it had a turbo. its wasnt a protege5. it was the mazda with the turbo.this has been a stupid argument.

http://www.mazdausa.com/mazdaspeed_p...p=&did=&state=
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

-Thrice

Oh, ok so you did race a Mazdaspeed. Cool! Not many out yet, but I even can beat them.
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

Sorry for any misunderstanding!

yeah, I havent seen very many, this guy goes to my school has this one that I raced. it has sway and strut bars apparently, its lowered. it looks really goodd. he says the handling is amazing, im not suprised, it looks like quite the nimble car!
    how hard are those cars to modify? Are parts very expensive? how is the reliablity? i know mazda is owned by Ford, but do they share the same reliability issues?
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

-Thrice

Now what color was it? If it was Blue or Yellow, it was an MP3. If it was Perl Orange or Perl Black, than chances are it WAS a Mazdaspeed.
    Engine Mods:
    B.E.G.I. Turbo System !!

LinuxRacr@attbi.com

I know my friend is still waiting on his to come in.

I'm expecting it to handle extremely well and if it can hit 14.9 stock like one magazine reported, it should be a fun car, especially at the track.

At $20,500, it's a very good buy. I can't wait to compare it to my new wagon, which just hit 1500 miles today! My friend ordered his in orange but he's only heard of a few delivered in Canada so far.

As for keeping up with him at the track, I'll know I'll need new tires (probably Toyo T1-Ss) and a new rear sway. Hopefully I won't need to replace the springs and shocks.

*and yes, I know in a straight line, I will have the advantage*
    2003 WRX WR Blue Wagon
    1999 Red Miata DRGN RDR

Mazaspeed Protege (NOT) Protege 5

I haven't seen a Mazaspeed Protege out just yet. What LagunaRex raced was most likely a Portege 5 or Protege Sedan sporting 130HP.

just my .02

- boosted 4
    2002 WRBP WRX

Old setup = BPM GT turboback, PDE up-pipe, Unichip w/custom map, cooler plugs (NGK range 7), Walbro 255LPH FP, MBC (15 PSI), and custom built turbo utilizing the 13G housing (Internals: Hitachi compressor wheel, Mitsu 15G turbine lightly clipped).

1/4, 12.88 105.10 - 1/8, 8.09 85.96

New set up = Now w/UTEC and STI Injectors

1/4, ? - 1/8, ?

170 hp can net a 14.9?, wow. Must be light or have a buttload of torque.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

Talking

you have very a very good point. i may have my cars mixed up.
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

-Thrice

Holy thread revival, I know.
    I own a mazdaspeed and have had it now for 2 months. Great car , awesome!
    So far I have taken it to Button Willow Raceway in California two times for open track days, and auto x once at Hollywood park.
    My Mazdaspeed was the prototype for Injens intake and this is the dyno sheet from about a week ago.
    they also may want to prototype a new intercooler setup, i think i would donate my car for that one too.
    I just wanted to post this to see if anyone was interested in what kind of power the MSP could put out, for comparisons sake
    Also if anyone is interested in pictures, feel free to PM me

Last edited by MazSpeedPro; 02-20-2003 at 11:11 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast