04 STi vs 02 Z06
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs 02 Z06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As the title says, I had a ton of runs with a Z06 2002-2004 405Hp version . I SMOKED HIM ...

04 STi vs 02 Z06

As the title says, I had a ton of runs with a Z06 2002-2004 405Hp version .

I SMOKED HIM

.. no... actually, I didn't

For the record, at 16.5psi I hit 270whp and 275whtq on a dynojet in about 100 degree weather. I've since remapped to 18psi and about 11:1 AFR at redline (I was hitting 10.2:1 before). Take your guess at my HP now, I have no idea. Mods are helix catted dp, borla hush, tuna pro, utec and egt.

Anywho, I pull up at a light and next to me I find a Z06 (well, initially I thought it was a C5 with a brake duct job). We did a 2nd to a top of 3rd pull and I had my front bumper at his rear end. Following we only did 3rd - top of 4th gear pulls. The outcome was always the same, through third he'd get a 1/2 car, 4th was 1.5 cars, and 5th was going to get a little worse, so I ended it.

The exhaust on those cars sound great , and the tail lights are to die for. At a light before we split ways, I asked if his car was really a Z06 (I knew at this point it was), he asked if I was really an STi and complimented me. Final words were that I needed a new turbo.

Very nice cars, and I expect FAR worse outcomes when messing with the new Z06's with the LS7's.

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice runs!

I <3 the Z06
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hmm

Well for what it's worth I was at 280 plus awhp and 293 awtrq with a dp and ECUtek 17 psi. I now am no cats, walbro, typhoon, same tune have yet to dyno. You did pretty good!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

WRXcelration?

my uncle has a yellow zo6 and man are those things crazy...the funny thing is that insurance would be cheaper on a zo6 than on my wrx

yea tgui?
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgui
    WRXcelration?

I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    my uncle has a yellow zo6 and man are those things crazy...the funny thing is that insurance would be cheaper on a zo6 than on my wrx

yea tgui?
    If I had enough money to pay for the tickets, I would pick up the Z06 in a heart beat. Insurance cheaper on the Z06?? Check rates from other insurance agencies then. That or insurance companies have metrics that show only middle aged men drive Z06's and only on the weekends at speeds that wouldn't suck a hair piece off.

I'm just messin Might have been you or another member of a similar name that always posted "Nice race" or the likes.

you guys are still flaming something that is months old....yea it was m ...big deal....get ova it
    05 STI

Quote Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
    Well for what it's worth I was at 280 plus awhp and 293 awtrq with a dp and ECUtek 17 psi. I now am no cats, walbro, typhoon, same tune have yet to dyno. You did pretty good!
    Get new injectors before you tune again. I've seen 100% ICDs already at 18psi. With your mods and injectors you'll be able to hit 18.5 - 19psi tapering fast to 14-15psi at redline. Get an EGT also, on a hot track day @ WOT hitting 120mph I've seen 1625 degrees (F).

you guys are still flaming something that is months old....yea it was m ...big deal....get ova it
    I just figured it was a brilliant move to get your screen name well known. Wasn't trying to piss you off.

over what?

I need to be reminded

"Insert text here"
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

ahh.... come on man...just say it...

I knew what it was, i just wanted to see him say it
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9.jpg  

u wunna be a **** than fine....hows your car doin

grow up and get a life
    Last edited by WRXcelration; 07-25-2005 at 01:30 PM.
    05 STI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.