I got PUMPED hared by a Vipe.. (Vs Sti)

This is a discussion on I got PUMPED hared by a Vipe.. (Vs Sti) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; wow.. I nerveer got spanked this hard in my life.. I kill e46M3's C5's but this Viper just handed me ...

I got PUMPED hared by a Vipe.. (Vs Sti)

wow.. I nerveer got spanked this hard in my life.. I kill e46M3's C5's but this Viper just handed me my ass tonight..
    I got to a light and I see these sick lights far away from eachother aproaching me I knew it was a sick car thaught maybe Lambo or ferrari.. but it was a Black Viper with 2 silver stripes down the middle.. gorgeouse!! anyways guy looked over I told him how hot his car was and he laughed.. I said lets do a run ..he said sure light turned green I got a decent launch had him by 1/2 a car by the time I got into 2cnd he passed me 3rd even more power shifted into 4th forget about it he just kept puling.lol It was a GTS model.. I don't know much about vipers but I do know the new srt-10 has 500 lbs anyways ya..I got killed
    I have 308 whp btw- Mods are Tbe , ecutek , Headers (wrapped and coated) forged pistons 22psi anyways I dont even think a 20 G trubo would help lol..that is my next mod tho
    I would take a viper over vette ANYDAY!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

too the point story. good loss though

you'll pay for that Viper too! Isn't it like a $30-40K difference between the two? Still though, if you are gonna get smoked, a Viper isn't a bad way to go. Personally I hope that a Ferrari F50 smokes me someday.....

if it said GTS on it, it was before the 03 (SRT version) so your raced a 450hp car that runs low 12s still. The SRT versions (they dont say GTS on them) are 500x3 . (500hp,500tq,500ci)

450 horse..

wow.. I dunno man this thing pulled hard. Most guys in vettes and viperes have mods so for all I know this could have had 600 + hp... it was loud as hell too..

sorry man.... 308AWHP.... is really not a problem at all for a stock GTS. They weigh around the same and are putting more then a 100 whp more to the ground... not to mention the better gearing. A c5 vette btw is only good for low to mid13s, so jujdging by your sucess with a c5, this viper death sounds about right. IIf it was anywhere near 600 hp you wouldnt have even hung with him for a second There is a HUGE difference between a c5 vette and a z06... which would be in the same league as the viper.
    Last edited by Mister 2; 07-24-2005 at 06:49 AM.

Vipers are nuts. That V-10 under the hood doesn't fool around. I have never driven one though, and until I do I would take a 2004 C5 ZO6 over one. I have driven a modded ZO6 I loved it.