How much would I win by. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on How much would I win by. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know two guys with LS1 WS6s. One guy has some stuff done, exhaust/some sort of chip/tune headers and a ...

I know two guys with LS1 WS6s. One guy has some stuff done, exhaust/some sort of chip/tune headers and a lid. Probably has a few other things, his car is a 2002 with the 6 speed, his best time was a 12.9@110mph, he ran many low 13s @108 before that. Another kid i know has a 2002 WS6 that has exhaust. Its also a 6 speed and his best time was a 14.0@104mph and he has taken it to the track a number of times. Drivers make a huge difference, most LS1s you see at the track will run mid to high 13s stock, thats what the average driver will do. The LT1s will be running mid to low 14s stock from many times i have gone to the track thats what i have seen. This is at Island Dragway in NJ.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A buddy of mine has a 97 z28. All he's done to it is add a cold air intake and catback. He had it dynoed last summer and ended with 265whp and 291wtq (stock ECU). More impressive to me was that at 1800 rpm he was at 90% of max torque!! The LT-1's torque curve is more of a horizontal line than a curve! You've got to respect that power band.

From a dig I think you'll have him up to about 80mph (assuming you both launch well).
    From a roll, I think he's going to slowly walk away from you...until around 100mph when he'll make you feel like you're standing still

Let us know what happens when you race him. Good luck!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234