How much would I win by. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much would I win by. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had an lt1 camaro.It responded to mods very well. If he hooks halfway decently, you will lose. At any ...

I had an lt1 camaro.It responded to mods very well. If he hooks halfway decently, you will lose. At any sort of roll, you will lose.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

race him on dirt...you'll be across the finish before he can recover from his spin.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

He just has koni's and sways to improve handling.

I raced him stage 1 from a roll twice, and he only pulled on me in between shifts and both times I completely missed 3rd and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    He just has koni's and sways to improve handling.

I raced him stage 1 from a roll twice, and he only pulled on me in between shifts and both times I completely missed 3rd and gave up.
    I doubt this simply because if this happened, you would not have posted this thread since you would already know how much you are going to beat him.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    I doubt this simply because if this happened, you would not have posted this thread since you would already know how much you are going to beat him.
    I'm stage 2 now, not stage 1. I'm sure once I put it in 4th his top end would have pulled on me.

98 was the LS1, heads and cams make a huge difference to a LT1 over a 100whp. He has stock ones.

I know the stock auto LT1 Z28 runs mid 14s.

oops, friends was a 95 z28, now he has a ls1 ss, im not sure what year.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

98 was the LS1, heads and cams make a huge difference to a LT1 over a 100whp. He has stock ones.

I know the stock auto LT1 Z28 runs mid 14s.
    Nah, with a good driver and track/conditions they do better than that. My '97 Formula (essentially same car) with just a catback and cold air ran 13.54@103 on stock tires.

I'm stage 2 now, not stage 1. I'm sure once I put it in 4th his top end would have pulled on me.
    Well, I gathered that you are stage 2, but I was under the impression that you would have won that race if you didn't miss third, so I suppose this next race shall be different.
    04 Silver STi M6

Dig: Good luck. It will be close.

Roll: Certain Death by decapitation.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    Well, I gathered that you are stage 2, but I was under the impression that you would have won that race if you didn't miss third, so I suppose this next race shall be different.
    No he would have still pulled on me, he just went way ahead when I missed that shift.

Quote Originally Posted by pingflood
    Nah, with a good driver and track/conditions they do better than that. My '97 Formula (essentially same car) with just a catback and cold air ran 13.54@103 on stock tires.
    Not with a Auto.

Not with a Auto.
    no, but with his mods, if the car is in decent condition he could easily be running mid to lower 13's @ 108mph+
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    no, but with his mods, if the car is in decent condition he could easily be running mid to lower 13's @ 108mph+
    I don't know I doubt his few mods increased his trap by 10mph. And took over a second of his quarter

lets stop assuming and get some results
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

I'm going to race a guy I know who has a 97 Z28 LT1 auto. He has Hooker long tubes, Jet-Hot coated Hooker ORY, Flow master Super 40, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, Richmond 3.73 gears, SuperChips custom tune, SLP CAI and airfoil, 1LE elbow, Koni Sports all around and Addco custom sway bar kit (35mm front/22mm rear), 245 Nitto 555Rs on the back.

I'm Cobb stage 2 catless. I've raced a lightly modded manual 04 Mustang GT from a roll twice and beat it very easily probably 2 car lengths.

I figure I would at least hang with him from a roll if not pull on him and kill him from a dig.
    What makes you so sure you're going to win?

Someone mentioned stock LT1s run 14.50s. Wrong. They consistently ran 14.20s or faster bone stock. I ran high 13.8s @ 101mph. A buddy of mine had a bone stock 1993 Z28 6spd that ran 13.65 @ 104mph. Admitted by him, it was a factory freak, but nonethleess, it happened.

You're not just going to walk away from this car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast