Stage 2 Wagon vs a 'Cheater RX-8'
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Wagon vs a 'Cheater RX-8' within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was out the other night with the g/f and as we are approaching a light I see a nice ...

Stage 2 Wagon vs a 'Cheater RX-8'

I was out the other night with the g/f and as we are approaching a light I see a nice white RX-8 slowing for the light in the other lane. I pull up to the stop block and the RX-8 stops about a car and a half behind me...I am thinking 'that is a strange place to stop' when I hear him start reving his engine (sounds really nice btw). Then I realize the light is about to turn green and he is reving for the launch. Light goes green, he shoots by....Me onto the gas, caught by the top of first and by the end of second I had at least a car or two and by mid third when I shut down he was quite far behind.

The funny thing is last night two young guys in a Denali did the same thing but I deemed in unnecessary to waste either time or fuel on them.

Can't people play fair these days?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    how is it cheating? he gave you the 1.5 car advantage

Well, one would think that someone has no intention of a little 'street dueling' if they are hanging way back...certainly not something I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by demolish
    how is it cheating? he gave you the 1.5 car advantage

Take out the advantage theory, He may have been trying to get a run at the line and hit the line when it was green already hual'in a$$.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I had a guy in a mustang do the same thing. I think in his mind he thought he was giving me a head start, i thought he was trying to tell me he didnt want to run (we were playing around a little b4 this). Ended up he got a head start (when i notice he was racing I punched it, at about 25) and we stayed dead even till 90 when we shut down. He got pissed (that I kept up, I figure he still thought i launched on green), and then at the next light I actually launched and took him by about 2 cars to 110. Whenever people do that kind of stuff it just makes me think their trying to be sneaky and cheat, or when like civics and stuff will sit at a light next to me and not even look over or rev or anything and then just floor it when it turns green...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

04wrx4keeps. wat would it take to get his car into the 12's???
    04 GTO under 9k miles for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    04wrx4keeps. wat would it take to get his car into the 12's???
    Which car are you reffering to? the RX-8? If thats the one your wondering about, I'd assume you'd need some sort of forced induction, probably more than a basic Greddy turbo kit (I think Import Tuner had an article about a Greddy turbo'd RX-8 that only put down like 235whp), something in the area of 280-300whp would probably do, they only weigh a little less than the WRX(their about 3000lbs according to the specs I've seen). Basically you would want to find a shop that was willing to do a custom turbo job of some sort for you. I dont know how much support there is for the RX-8, but I know my friend had a late 80's RX-7, and finding anyone in my area who really knew rotary engines well was not easy at all.

no im talking bout your

"Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best run so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'"
    04 GTO under 9k miles for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    no im talking bout your

"Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best run so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'"
    I'm hoping with the TMIC I have, and a good tune, I should be there. I'll let you know in a week or two, I'll at least have run the bigger intercooler(I'm hoping it will at least get me at least a 12.9xx), maybe a few more weeks for the tune though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.