Another who would win thread ( STi vs S2k)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Another who would win thread ( STi vs S2k) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well i just picked up my 05 STi 2 weeks ago, and now that she is broken in im ready ...

Another who would win thread ( STi vs S2k)

well i just picked up my 05 STi 2 weeks ago, and now that she is broken in im ready to play

now i have my stock STi, which feels 10x quicker then my wrx and i was wondering what you think the outcome would be if i raced him from 3rd gear roll,

i want to hand him his ass this time, so if any of you have had experiance racing S2k's, what is the best speed to get them at, other then a DIG

dont worry guys, im gonna catch this all on vid and ill post it..........i just wanted to see what you all thought.

thanks
    -nate

here is a vid, im sorry for the low quality, we had it planned out to where the Chase car would be in front to get a better perspective on who won, but when we got on the road things changed

BTW the chase car is an RSX-s w/CAI

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx
    Last edited by WRXskeet; 07-23-2005 at 05:14 PM.
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if all he has is a catback you shouldn't have too much trouble beating him from a roll. You should be trapping about 3mph higher than him and you have the mid-range advantage. As for what speed to start at: as low as possible. The high speeds you reach, the faster he gets
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    You will be able to walk away handily, regardless of the speed you start at. Been there and done that. If you go from a launch, it's not even close.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

just remember you have nice torque in midrange rpms with short gears so if you race him from like 45-50 go into 3rd. 25mph go into 2nd. Race him at 30mph roll and you be in 2nd, even if his in first in vtec you'll have enough torque to pull him nicely.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Hmmmm....I thought catless wrx's would pull on a s2k?

mybe catless wrx's with a tune, but even a stage 2 wrx would have a disadvantage up top.........i found out the hard way,

-nate
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

I had a guy in an S2K try and do a fly-by on me, after he had not even acknoledged me when I tried to see if he wanted to go (at a light...so i guess i understand ). I saw his front lift in my rear-view when I was at about 45mph, I had no problem stopping his advance, and as far as I could tell I pulled a little bit too (he never got closer than about a car behind since thats about where I got on it, so it was kindof hard to judge). To be fair he did have aftermarket rims (looked like 17's or 18's) which werent in his favor, and it only lasted from about 45-80 before I saw him let off and hit the breaks. I was Cobb Stage 2 at the time.

For comparisson I had an STi try a similer attack (get on it from behind and try to catch me by surprise) a few weeks later, we stayed almost even (he was inching very slowly toward the end of 3rd) from 45-about 90 and then he started pulling on me when I shifted into 4th and I shut down with him a little less than a car in front.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

well good news,

i raced the s2k tonight, we did about 4 runs, all from a roll of course because he didnt want to go from a dig,

and well, lets just say the outcome was very differant then i expected

we raced anywhere from 60ish to 110ish, i didnt want to go that high becuase i think its pointless and i thought he would pull me.

from those speeds he would stay with me tell i shifted into 5th then i would just start to walk away pretty good, and to my suprise the STI did great top-end,

the races were filmed, so ill host them ASAP,

-nate
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

stg 3 wrx vs 05 s2k

When my lil bro race a 05 s2k from 60-65mph roll, my bro only pull half a car in 3rd and then in 4th, my bro put about 4+ cars. He keep on pulling on the s2k until they shutdown around 100mph.
    I alway though the 05 s2k would do better then the older model s2k

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    well good news,

i raced the s2k tonight, we did about 4 runs, all from a roll of course because he didnt want to go from a dig,

we raced anywhere from 60ish to 110ish, i didnt want to go that high becuase i think its pointless and i thought he would pull me.

from those speeds he would stay with me tell i shifted into 5th then i would just start to walk away pretty good, and to my suprise the STI did great top-end,

-nate
    Good runs, although I too am surprised you didn't just walk away from the start. It's always nice to see the "myth" of the STi's lack of top end refuted. Even my road instructors couldn't believe how hard the car continued to pull even in 5th gear. In fact, when it was stock, an E46 could not get around me on the main straight at summit...and that was with an instructor driving the M3.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

sti 5th gear > any other 5th gear lol

i want to hand him his ass this time, so if any of you have had experiance racing S2k's, what is the best speed to get them at, other then a DIG

try a 5 mph 1st gear roll, or a rolling start, with neither of you all out launching (there are some methods where u can achieve instant boost if you start from 3k rpms at a stop, which will sound like a normal takeoff). If you can shift somewhat fast, you will put 3 cars on him by the end of 2nd

s2k out of vtec range = a good 1-2 second advantage
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 07-21-2005 at 11:57 AM.

well good news,

-nate

very nice, thats more or less what I had expected.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

thanks for all the replys guys, i will post the vids tonight

and BTW< the S2k i raced was an 02 with the 9k redline, hes an awsome driver, he said he powershifted every gear..... he is a great sport and was impressed.

hes dosent know WTF people on the S2000 forums(s2ki) talk about, kill storys on STI by 4-5 cars........ i mean are these STI's even racing?

on another note, this guys s2k is seriouly differant or he is just a great driver, because iv been in his car while running other s2k's and he pulls on them,

-nate
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Good runs, although I too am surprised you didn't just walk away from the start. It's always nice to see the "myth" of the STi's lack of top end refuted. Even my road instructors couldn't believe how hard the car continued to pull even in 5th gear. In fact, when it was stock, an E46 could not get around me on the main straight at summit...and that was with an instructor driving the M3.
    he raced him at 60mph roll with him probably in 3rd well up there in his rpms above all the nice torque, s2k was probably in 2nd and in vtec at the best place he could be, thats why he didnt pull right away.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast