who would win?

This is a discussion on who would win? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Stock 2004 WRX vs. Stock 2006 Eclipse GT auto A friend of mine just got one and their talking smack, ...

who would win?

Stock 2004 WRX vs. Stock 2006 Eclipse GT auto
    A friend of mine just got one and their talking smack, am i going to be able to put them in their place. I did some reading and it says 260 hp .......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im guessing itll be even. Up top past 80 he may beat you. Not sure though. But why are you stock?!?
    You should get a cobb stage 1....then YOU will be at 260 hsp just like him. And your lighter. And manual.

Lol i can barly afford the car let alone doing any mods. i havnt had a paycheck since april. I am however getting some used parts of my neighbor. Gutted up pipe down pipe STI exhaust and some suspension parts to lower it

i believe i read in motor trend that it ran a 14.2@100.9 with a 0-60 of 5.9, and it is a big guy, weighs in at 3538.. so stock for stock, it will give a wrx a run for its money.. unless its automatic like it is in your case, then any decent driver should take it
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

good to know, thanks for the info. I'll let yall know how it goes

yea, let us know!
    when the turbo spins the bull**** ends

My mods

if its auto you should beat it in the 1/4. Just make sure you know how to drive, because even though its auto, its still running 14.7's and a poorly launched wrx would have trouble taking out that time and since he is auto you can bet that his car will be consistant... so in other words, from a dig if you can drive you will win. From a roll; dont bother, he will own you pretty hard.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    i believe i read in motor trend that it ran a 14.2@100.9 with a 0-60 of 5.9, and it is a big guy, weighs in at 3538.. so stock for stock, it will give a wrx a run for its money.. unless its automatic like it is in your case, then any decent driver should take it

Automatic? Should be intresting.

Edmunds Full test

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mits......Mitsubishi*

Says it did 0-60 in 6.8... is this a typo? Because I just posted another post in Mountain States dogging the Eclipse. Someone referred me to this post. If it was supposed to be 5.8, then that is more respectible.

I still don't see how it's possible for a FWD making 263/263 with LSD to run 14.4 or 14.2 and weigh over 3500lbs. I wonder if Mitsu has been sending out ringers to the magazines to get them to run these times. Nothing would surprise me from that company.

still awaiting my friend to race me. Now that i told them they have curious people wanting to know, their getting nervous to race me now lol. Im trying to get them up to the actual track so we can get some times along with good fair race.

I saw a silver eclipse GT running at the track over the weekend. He ran a 15.27@ 92mph.
    I was not impressed. It was an auto. The car had like 20 miles on it. he just came from the dealer
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I still don't see how it's possible for a FWD making 263/263 with LSD to run 14.4 or 14.2 and weigh over 3500lbs. I wonder if Mitsu has been sending out ringers to the magazines to get them to run these times. Nothing would surprise me from that company.
    I am not that suprised. You can never tell because who knows if they underrated or not. Mitsu was known for underrating their 2g eclipses anyways. Also, look at similar car:
    - 2002/2003 Maxima 6spd will run times ranging from 14.3-14.6 @ 98mph. The eclipse weighs a bit more, but also has a 8hp advantage and better gearing.
    - Acura TL 6spd weighs similar to the eclipse and only makes 7hp more and that car will run mid 14's at nearly 100mph.
    - Accord 6spd coupe weighs just a couple hundred pounds less but only makes 240hp (23hp less) and those have been seen consistantly hitting mid 14's @98mph traps

You also cannot forget how its power band is. For instance the BMW 330ci sport package only has 235 rated hp but has an awesome power band and is a bit underrated. yet that 235hp gets them into the lower 14's.

Quote Originally Posted by \/\/ R ><
    http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mits......Mitsubishi*

Says it did 0-60 in 6.8... is this a typo? Because I just posted another post in Mountain States dogging the Eclipse. Someone referred me to this post. If it was supposed to be 5.8, then that is more respectible.
    yes, it is supposed to be better than that. I could see a 6.8 from an automatic, but the 6spd is supposed to be just under 6sec for its 0-60.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I saw a silver eclipse GT running at the track over the weekend. He ran a 15.27@ 92mph.
    I was not impressed. It was an auto. The car had like 20 miles on it. he just came from the dealer
    did you happen to catch his 60'? It was brand new, bad driver/launch and auto. That sounds about right to me. The auto's when properly driver should be getting 14.8's @ 96mph or so.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    yes, it is supposed to be better than that. I could see a 6.8 from an automatic, but the 6spd is supposed to be just under 6sec for its 0-60.
    Edmunds says they were testing the 6 speed when they did 6.8:

"With medium throws and easy clutch work, our six-speed Eclipse GT pulled a 6.8-second 0-60 and a 14.9 quarter-mile. Check out our recent sport coupe comparison test and you'll see the Eclipse is faster than the Mazda RX-8, but no match for the Nissan 350Z or Ford Mustang GT."